Help! BBS01 help required with programming

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
Hi All

I am having trouble programming my BBS01. new lead arrived from ebay today but will not connct to software (Error opening serial port) no option to choose port and the controler info is not showing on the software
I have checked the connections and that the battery is turned on, restarted laptop and software. I guess it could be a faulty lead but probably an error on my part.
Any ideas would be great.

Many thanks
Steve

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve J H

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
There have been a couple of others who have had similar issues, it is likely a lea fault.
Return it and buy from another vendor.

There are so many now and at varying prices, it is hard to pick where to buy Danield of the forum sells them at Torque tech.
Bafang 8Fun Programming USB to TTL Cable Lead for BBS01 BBS02 BBSHD 7426000433427 | eBay

Or buy from another forum favourite.
Bafang – eBike Batteries
Thanks
I will send it back and repurchase, just want to try upping the keep current a little.

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD

cannon

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
I had a similar problem a short while ago, the original seller even sent a replacement lead which still did not work so I tried the one in Fordulike's post and it worked a treat.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I had a similar problem a short while ago, the original seller even sent a replacement lead which still did not work so I tried the one in Fordulike's post and it worked a treat.
I'm not a tech wizard, but what I have read on other forums, is that for whatever reason, the Bafang controller is quite sensitive to which USB to serial adapter is used to program it.
Some USB adapters are just better at doing their job I suppose.

Reactions: Steve J H

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
Thanks I ordered exactly the same lead, have used the vendor before, fingers crossed will update when it arrives.
Thanks

Steve J H

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2019
ROMFORD
I'm not a tech wizard, but what I have read on other forums, is that for whatever reason, the Bafang controller is quite sensitive to which USB to serial adapter is used to program it.
Some USB adapters are just better at doing their job I suppose.
Thanks
Its bit of a lottery I guess with this sort of thing, pcb looked poor quality with dry looking joints visible through clear plastic sheath. Have re ordered as per your link.
Thanks