BBS01 on voodoo marasa

Andy321

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2021
Hello,
Before I buy a used marasa for use with my bbs01 has anyone successfully put together the above combination? On my next ebike I want rigid front end and 2.1x29" Scwalbe Marathon Plus Mtb tyres. This bike looks like it might meet my needs. I read a post from someone saying the bike uses mtb rims had they had got a 2.2" tyre in this frame. Also looking at the bike in halfords the other day it looks like the chain stays wont throw up much of a problem. Cant be any worse than my current bbs01 set up on a boardman mht 8.6. Needed to use spacers on that to have the back of the housing clear the chain stays on the drive side.
Thanks
Andy

Last edited:

Andy321

Aug 28, 2021
At the risk of being thought a nut job for replying to my own post I will leave this here as it may help someone looking to do the same as me with a marasa. A used marasa popped up on market place at a very good price so I snapped it up. It was the current model (black and orange) with the straight top tube. I'm pleased with my purchase and loved riding it to work today on leg power alone. However my plans of fitting the 2.1" marathon plus mtb tyres into the front forks were dashed when I noticed there was not enough clearance on either side of the fork to get a 2.1" wide tyre in. Looking at photos of the earlier original marasa with the straight top bar it appears that more agricultural/wider fork was used which would have better suited my needs. Next on my list is to buy a aforementioned tyre and see if it will fit on the rear of my marasa. Assuming it does next step will be to pick up some replacement aluminium forks off eBay or look out for another older marasa to deal with the front tyre issue. More updates to follow. Hopefully all good ones :)

Attachments

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
At the risk of being thought a nut job for replying to my own post I will leave this here as it may help someone looking to do the same as me with a marasa. A used marasa popped up on market place at a very good price so I snapped it up. It was the current model (black and orange) with the straight top tube.
I'm always interested in people's conversions experiences. How much was the marasa ? There's some amazing bargains on Facebook/ Gumtree as donor bikes for conversions

Andy321

Aug 28, 2021
£100, has a few surface marks on it but other than that all sound so should be able to get my money back if I see the older model for sale. I think this year we will continue to see big falls in new and used bike prices now supply issues are falling away at the same time people are realising cycling is not for them since lock down. Good for us!