Help! Bbs01 or Bbs02 or bbshd for a roadbike 250w motor

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
So I have a trek domane 2 al disc 2022 model was thinking to add a bafang mid drive as I loved the bbshd on my mtb, what would be the best kit for a roadbike also has to come with thumb throttle and I've got a
[TR]
[TD]Bottom Bracket[/TD]
[TD]Shimano UN26, 68mm, threaded cartridge, 110mm spindle[/TD]

[/TR]

Let me know please

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For 250w motor then only a BBS01 or TSDZ2 250w.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Is the 500w legal to use in UK also what would be the max Miles on the 250w and max mph?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
500w not legal, but they aren't checked or enforced very much unless unlucky.
The limit or motor marking is 250w it is simple as that.

Max miles is down to rider stamina and battery capacity, the BBS isn't overly greta to ride unpowered. I managed 10wh per mile or 52 odd miles from a 14.5ah battery using low power and 20% current limit setting. Max speed is however fast one can pedal and down to gearing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant have speed and range other wise the cost of the batt will be the most expensive part if you want 50a non stop it will be the size of a tray of coke and weigh a ton as well.

a m8 has a bbs hd and on throttle alone his 17ah batt is done in 13 miles and about 1 half years old but uses it for work 4 miles each way.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Which one is better in the long run ?
depends what you want the bike for and how fast and far you want to go ;)

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
depends what you want the bike for and how fast and far you want to go ;)
Just normal commute to shops and anywhere I want it to be legal just so if anything happens atleast I can take it to nipnip as they only will fix legal ebikes and thats my closest repair shop

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well technically any bike you can alter the power and speed of the bike is not road legal as it is classed as a off road switch and able to manipulate the software to do so.

on my bosch bike there is no way to do this so have to buy rip off dongles to remove the speed limit but does not give me any more power.

even bafang is locking there batts to there motors and no more programming cable as now gone main stream so if you want a bbshd that you can change what you like is 615, 625 is can bus locked and must use there batts only.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
well technically any bike you can alter the power and speed of the bike is not road legal as it is classed as a off road switch and able to manipulate the software to do so.

on my bosch bike there is no way to do this so have to buy rip off dongles to remove the speed limit but does not give me any more power.

even bafang is locking there batts to there motors and no more programming cable as now gone main stream so if you want a bbshd that you can change what you like is 615, 625 is can bus locked and must use there batts only.
Do you know anyone or has anyone here converted a roadbike to an eroadbike?

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Or should I sell this roadbike and get a mtb,I had a bbshd 1000w on a mtb which i sold and bought a roadbike but ever since I'm not feeling too happy with the purchase

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i cant think off any bar bruno on you tube but you can buy them with motors just not cheap

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BBS is cadence power needs little rider input to get going, tsdz2 is torque sensing and depends on how hard one push's the pedals.
Reliability both have their flaws but BBS probably has the edge that said I had two BBS controllers fail, one with 1600 mile sand the other about 1250 miles. I decided a hub motor is far better and more reliable.

mr_ed

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2022
Why dont you just buy a brand new e-road bike? Decathlon have some for £1099. I think this might suit you better than conversions.

How did you manage to sell your BBSHD bike, I thought it had 'issues' ?

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
In the grounds of your mansion ;)a bbs01b can be derestricted on the control panel, top speed is then down to gearing, with 46t /11t I got up to 25mph. Using a cable and app the power can be changed to 350w.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Why dont you just buy a brand new e-road bike? Decathlon have some for £1099. I think this might suit you better than conversions.

How did you manage to sell your BBSHD bike, I thought it had 'issues' ?
Swapped it for some money and a roadbike,never to sell this roadbike I guess and get a mtb frame and add a bbs01 ,what if I put a suspension fork in and take the carbon fork out would it work ? And what will be the complications?

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Swapped it for some money and a roadbike,never to sell this roadbike I guess and get a mtb frame and add a bbs01 ,what if I put a suspension fork in and take the carbon fork out would it work ? And what will be the complications?
Need to sell*