BBS01 or BPM or SWXK2

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
IGH bike SRAM Automatix 2 or SRam 3 speed.

Momentum Model T using the SWXK2 on the front wheel and Automatix on the back but I need a throttle and a bit more power if possible.

Thinking either a Raleigh Strada 4 with automatix 2 or Marin Fairfax SC2 with 3 speed hub.

Will the BBS01 and Hub Motors work equally well with the 2 speed and 3 speed hubs? Anyone got this set up?

EmSeeDee

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
Coventry, UK
Not quite the setup you're asking about, but I'm running a Shimano Nexus 7 speed IGH with a GSM crank drive motor. It works fine; the only problem is that the gearbox is sometimes reluctant to change gear under load, and because I have a cadence rather than a torque sensor, I sometimes have to make a conscious effort to stop pedalling to allow the gearbox to do its stuff.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Not quite the setup you're asking about, but I'm running a Shimano Nexus 7 speed IGH with a GSM crank drive motor. It works fine; the only problem is that the gearbox is sometimes reluctant to change gear under load, and because I have a cadence rather than a torque sensor, I sometimes have to make a conscious effort to stop pedalling to allow the gearbox to do its stuff.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. Yes for simplicity a front hub maybe better suited for my needs the momentum is close but the motor mid powered. Wondering if the BPM Would rip the forks as they are aluminium on those two bikes.