BBS01 to KT controller mod.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
KT controllers for the most part do appear to be very robust, I have a couple spare used ones old wiring (jst) which have had some good use and they are still all good.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
BBS01 with internal controller had developed a PAS and throttle fault, no drive so thought can't be bothered no more and decided to try external controller route.
Think the original issue may have been needs a new PAS sensor and magnet.
I have never got on with it that well since day one and much prefer the no nonsense of hub drives/controllers which I have never had an issue with.

Problem is I can't hub drive the mtb as like you have Alfine 8, might have to get a GSM without controller to try. My thinking was no programming to faff with or set incorrectly just a simple 5 Pas KT with lcd3 and 5 pre set easy levels of current from13% - 100% with ability at a touch or two of a screen button to dial back current if needed.
Thanks for the reply, you have had more than your fair share of issues with bafang I feel !

Funny , I have had way more issues with hubs but then I tend to mistreat them rather badly!

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Sorry to hear your having problems nealh

I’ve fitted kt controllers to 3 of my bikes: 2 x bbs01 and 1 bbs02

They’re all running great. I did 45 miles today on my commute with the bbs02 using the hailong battery base 9 fet controller, which I believe is 22a peak, emptying a 36v 17.5Ah battery twice in the process. The controller is set to max current all the time. I checked the temperature of the metal controller base at the end of each 22 mile run - feels about 40ish deg c, about the same as a 2a charger
Wow, 17. 5ah empty in 22.5miles ? The torque must be immense !

I have just finished a 35 mile ride over the South Downs and used , maybe , half of my 17. 5ah battery. However , I tend to keep it drawing around 400w and yours must pull 1000 (guess)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have other KT's so will try another controller otherwise the BBS01 will go in the spares bin. Woosh no longer sell the GSM as production has ceased so only other option is to put up with a integrated controller like TDSZ or wait and see what the Gospade offering is like.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have other KT's so will try another controller otherwise the BBS01 will go in the spares bin. Woosh no longer sell the GSM as production has ceased so only other option is to put up with a integrated controller like TDSZ or wait and see what the Gospade offering is like.
The controller is integrated too isn't it?

The death of the GSM (as a product, not mine) means my carbon fibre Bafang G360.250 motor adaptor is back on the projects list... Internal controller yes but 48v capable and 250W engraved on the casing...

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Will you not be attempting a hall sensor repair?