BBS02 throttle problem

Spudmurph80

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2020
I have fitted a Bafang 750w 48v mid motor to my bike which is my second BBS02 build , and I have fitted this bigger motor to my new bike and everything works fine except for the throttle, ive used all the cable connections and speed and gear sensor and also the throttle from the old build which was a Bafang BBS02 500w 36v system, I have bought a new 48v battery for the new system , so thinking it might be the speed sensor I bought a new sensor and fitted it but the red light does not come on at all with both sensor's.
So im looking for more advise before buying anymore parts to see if the throttle will work .

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
I have fitted a Bafang 750w 48v mid motor to my bike which is my second BBS02 build , and I have fitted this bigger motor to my new bike and everything works fine except for the throttle, ive used all the cable connections and speed and gear sensor and also the throttle from the old build which was a Bafang BBS02 500w 36v system, I have bought a new 48v battery for the new system , so thinking it might be the speed sensor I bought a new sensor and fitted it but the red light does not come on at all with both sensor's.
So im looking for more advise before buying anymore parts to see if the throttle will work .
Have you got a programming lead for the Bafang, if everything was working on the 500w/36v, sounds like the 750w/48v is programmed differently? Maybe?
I would compare both your motor units throttle settings.throttle.jpg
If the throttle unit was working on the 36v unit, there should be no reason why its not working on the 48v..... think they are standard 36-60v working!

Spudmurph80

May 15, 2020
Hi Monty
Yeah the throttle worked fine on the 500w, but it has not worked at all on the 750w so if I get a programming lead I will check that side out as that would be the cheapest way.
Cheers Kev

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Hi Monty
Yeah the throttle worked fine on the 500w, but it has not worked at all on the 750w so if I get a programming lead I will check that side out as that would be the cheapest way.
Cheers Kev
Ive got both a 500/36v and a 750 running on 52v, the throttle is exactly the same model supplied with both.
I bought this lead and it works fine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Programming-Cable-for-Bafang-8Fun-BBS01-BBS02-or-BBSHD-Mid-Drive-Electric-Bikes/282891248569?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
With both settings at 10 it will not work correctly [as in the screen grab ] do you get a speed on the display?
Unplug the brake sensors and gear cut out and try it
Any error codes on the display

Spudmurph80

May 15, 2020
Hi Monty
I have now got my programming lead and cd from the link you sent me but im a bit nervous using it can you please tell me what im looking for once I connect everything , what setting should I set do to get the thumb throttle to work.
Cheers Kev

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi Monty
I have now got my programming lead and cd from the link you sent me but im a bit nervous using it can you please tell me what im looking for once I connect everything , what setting should I set do to get the thumb throttle to work.
Cheers Kev
The throttle setting should already be set up, and it should look similar to this:

Throttle.jpg

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Hi Kev.
This is a stock units programming (from a UK supplier). 500w 36v.
I saved the config prior to changing mine to suit my needs.
Can confirm the throttle works in assist 1-9

stock 01.jpgstock 02.jpgstock 03.jpg

Compare to yours.

Last edited:

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020