BBS02 waterproofing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you get the chance try for a refund/send the BBS back and use Woosh, get the tdsz2.

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
I have asked them for a refund and I am waiting for their reply.
If they agree this time I would get a hub drive motor since it seems to be more more reliably.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I got the responce form ecplise. They adviced me to check connectors and unplug and dry everything. So I did it.
But after few short rides motor cut off and does not work. No errors on the display this time.

Also, I have noticed a tugging feeling from spinning the motor backwards that I never noticed before.

I tried to strart the motor with all sensors unpluget but nothing has happend.

I wrote to ecipse again and I am waiting third day for their reply...

I did not open the motor yet because I do not know does it affect my guarantee.

Since motor cut off last time I took everything off my bike and fit my original bottom bracket so I can work like before.

What should I do? Can I open the motor and still be entilted for guarantee?
mark.im sorry to say this,but sounds like you have the same issue i had.the motor randomly dies for periods of time,or cuts in and out using PAS ,when the throttles connected ,when under load,such as starting off from stopped.this has been caused by the un waterproofed throttle shorting the controller and damaging it. the only solution is a new controller.with a waterproofed throttle the bbs are excellent kits.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Of all my kits the least used and least liked is my BBS01, I haven't used it for about a year.

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
I have been told that they need the kit to be send in original packaging which I didn't keep. It was random cartoon boxes I never thought about keeping them. They also told that they need to a test to find the issue.
It seems like I am staying with bbs but there is still no answer how to fix the motor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have been told that they need the kit to be send in original packaging which I didn't keep. It was random cartoon boxes I never thought about keeping them. They also told that they need to a test to find the issue.
It seems like I am staying with bbs but there is still no answer how to fix the motor.
Probably a new controller needed.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
the motors not broken the controller is.I sent mine back,cost £4 2nd class recorded.Eclipse fitted it to another bike.tested it ,confirmed and replaced. Was pretty straight foward.They replaced the throttle before that and the bus cable too because one of the brake sensors had stopped working. I found them reliable with warrenty issues.

MrMark

Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2018
Finally my problem has been solved!

I received new controller from eclipse after nearly two weeks since I let them know that the motor is not working.

Everything works fine by now.

I must admit that they solved the issue but it took them a very long time.

While I was waiting for a new controller I have started some waterproofing of my kit.
I have used Dielectric Grease for all connectors and sealed them with a tape.
I have also applied a liquid tape at the butt-ends of battery cables.

Is there anyting else I can do to make my motor waterproofed?

Should I do something with control panel or screen?

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Finally my problem has been solved!

I received new controller from eclipse after nearly two weeks since I let them know that the motor is not working.

Everything works fine by now.

I must admit that they solved the issue but it took them a very long time.

While I was waiting for a new controller I have started some waterproofing of my kit.
I have used Dielectric Grease for all connectors and sealed them with a tape.
I have also applied a liquid tape at the butt-ends of battery cables.

Is there anyting else I can do to make my motor waterproofed?

Should I do something with control panel or screen?
Yet another customer cost lots of hassle Bafang,another £80 controller ruined! An all coz of the shoddy throttle waterproofing, that would take your factory staff 10 seconds with a blob of silicon to remedy!!!

Reactions: jarob10