BBSHD Clutch where to buy from

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
I need a replacement clutch for my BBSHD i can only find one supplier in the EU but its expensive (£34) i have ordered one from Aliexpress for $11 but that will take a few weeks i need one before then if possible does anyone know of a UK supplier or EU ?

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
I think its just that the pawls did not engage its done it twice now both times after i was coasting downhill not peddling they engaged again with a bit of throttle the pawls might need some grease on maybe?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pawls can stick if any applied grease is too much , if too thick or dried out a bit.

Reactions: Deus

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
First thing to do is to strip it down and inspect it to see what the problem is, then you'll know what to do.

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
I’ve used dt Swiss onyx pawls in a bbs01 & bbs02, works great, can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t fit a bbshd - they can be bought in the uk.

It’d be wise for you to order some replacement shaft seals (for when you remove the clutch), and also a complete clutch assembly, in case you’ve compromised the spline into which the pawls engage. I think all these parts can be sourced through greenbikekit in China

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
I stripped it down and could find no obvious reason for the pawls not to engage they flick up when pressed and released and they did not have any grease on them maybe the clip/spring is not as tight as it should be but without having a new one to hand to compare i dont know.

I’ve used dt Swiss onyx pawls in a bbs01 & bbs02, works great, can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t fit a bbshd - they can be bought in the uk.

It’d be wise for you to order some replacement shaft seals (for when you remove the clutch), and also a complete clutch assembly, in case you’ve compromised the spline into which the pawls engage. I think all these parts can be sourced through greenbikekit in China
Thanks for that i will order some Swiss onyx to try.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury

Did the Spring clip fit or did you just use the pawls?

Poppey Pettit

Just Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Try info@electroncycles.co.uk Ive bought a bike and another bbshd kit from Francis. He keeps loads of spares that he deosnt advertise to sell, but will at near cost to help someone out.
Remember his stuff has paid import duty and shipping so it wont be as cheap as China but I cant see him charging £34 for a clutch!