Beat Bike Toba Crossbar (Bike Log)

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Don't use 50c again or the new Snaith start up company.

Kudo cycles have a Bosch Hybrid bike at 1700.
Shimano steps 6000 system appears to be good my brothe bought a Willier hybrid with steps and like sit say's it's quieter then his Bosch Kalhoff S from 2010.
Hybrids cannot handle the trails, looking for a mountain bike now.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I will have something in between a hybrid and an MTB late July / beginning of August if you are still looking. It's called the 'Grand Camino'. It's based on the Camino frame (simply because the downtube battery's fastening is rock solid, unlikely to fly off when you hit a rock) but with upgraded components: 650B bigger wider rims and tyres, Suntour Mobie A32 fork, better handlebars, larger motor etc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My 700c hybrids are fine on trails, you need a CX style frame with slightly wider tyres like 42mm or use 650b rims.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Looking for a new bike from now. I need a smaller frame, 5ft 8", and ideally, I want a local service facility as I'm getting old and shaky. Whoosh still in the frame if I can find a mechanic to service the bike, Shoreham near Brighton.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have a word with Darren @ Brighto ebikes he might help to maintain the bike for you or know of a good independent to recommend also Kirstin may know of one as he is local to you.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Brakes need bleeding. They use a specific blend of oil manufactured by Magura which there is currently a massive shortage of (hearsay).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Magura mineral oil is now't special except the price, it is basically LHM mineral spec this stuff below or a spec similar is used by many on other forums.

Halfrauds own brand LHM mineral is alright to use.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Brakes need bleeding. They use a specific blend of oil manufactured by Magura which there is currently a massive shortage of (hearsay).
Most bicycle brakes are self bleeding. Take the lever off and hold it up in the air so the brake hose is vertical all the way to the cylinder, then pump the lever a few times. The only place air gets in is at the top, normally when you turn the bike upside down so it's easy to get back out again.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
The Magura mineral oil is now't special except the price, it is basically LHM mineral spec this stuff below or a spec similar is used by many on other forums.

Halfrauds own brand LHM mineral is alright to use.
Thanks

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
20/08/20 Cycled into a bus stop, Signalled the onset of a stroke and I ended up in hospital ten days later. Vision problems stopped cycling for now.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Rambla does not have a throttle, Santana3 does but it's not lightweight.

Related Articles

Advertisers