BEBA Survey

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Dear all;

Yesterday BEBA attending a meeting at the DFT in London to discuss electric bicycle legislation. Amongst BEBA there was representation from the BA, CTC, TFL and the MET.

I can't say too much about the discussions, but it is important that we collect more data on the use of electric bicycles by current users. We would really appreciate all taking a moment to complete the below survey and to distribute amongst any contacts you have who own and ride electric bicycles:

Electric Bicycle Usage Survey

In advance I thank you for your assistance.

Many thanks
Mark

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Just thought I'd let you know we will be sharing all the results with everyone once complete.

Many thanks
Mark

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Done; but what if you have more than one bike?
Hi Bode,

Thanks!

If you have more than one bike then please feel free to enter twice. It is important that the information is correct and accurate and people only enter once per bike.

Many thanks!
Mark

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Bode,

Thanks!

If you have more than one bike then please feel free to enter twice. It is important that the information is correct and accurate and people only enter once per bike.

Many thanks!
Mark
This cannot be done from the link once the survey is completed, since a cookie is planted to prevent that. To repeat the survey for a second bike, you need to delete the cookie "surveymonkey.com" from your computer.

For example, in the Firefox browser, click Tools, Options, Privacy tab, then click "remove individual cookies". In the list that appears, scroll down to the surveymonkey.com folder, click to highlight it, then click remove cookie. Close and reopen the browser and the link above will take you direct to page one of the survey, bypassing the introduction.

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, then click Settings, then click View Files. Then scroll down to the foot of the long list to the cookie named "cookie <name>@surveymonkey.com". Right click it and choose Delete from the context menu. Close and reopen the browser and you'll be able to complete the survey again.

Alternatively, if you run two browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer, use the link Mark posted to do one survey in each and you won't have to delete any cookies.

Last edited:

donkeydoo

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Question 10

10. Have you modified your bike from original specification to increase the performance?

Do they mean by performance Speed? I have modifield my bike by wiring two batterys in Parallel not to increase speed but to help up the hills and distance. So had to answer yes there.

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Done!

Question 10

10. Have you modified your bike from original specification to increase the performance?

Do they mean by performance Speed? I have modifield my bike by wiring two batterys in Parallel not to increase speed but to help up the hills and distance. So had to answer yes there.
I fitted up-rated brakes to the Wisper to increase braking performance so answered yes to that too.

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Question 10

Hi Donkeydoo,

It was meant to be in terms of speed or power, the question should of been written better. But we will take into consideration that it may also mean extending range.

Many thanks
Mark

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Dear all;

Yesterday BEBA attending a meeting at the DFT in London to discuss electric bicycle legislation. Amongst BEBA there was representation from the BA, CTC, TFL and the MET.

I can't say too much about the discussions, but it is important that we collect more data on the use of electric bicycles by current users. We would really appreciate all taking a moment to complete the below survey and to distribute amongst any contacts you have who own and ride electric bicycles:

Electric Bicycle Usage Survey

In advance I thank you for your assistance.

Many thanks
Mark
All done easy peasy .!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
If I was either of you I would have answered no as I don't see that changing brakes or adding additional battery as "performance" enhancing

a question that should have been asked re throttle IMO is that. Are they essential at lights for achieving a smooth take of (with traffic flying past you) Probably the most troubling situation in dense traffic. Also are they essential trying to edge your way through traffic to a place of safety ie the bike box at front of lights

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Added my one.

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
If I was either of you I would have answered no as I don't see that changing brakes or adding additional battery as "performance" enhancing

a question that should have been asked re throttle IMO is that. Are they essential at lights for achieving a smooth take of (with traffic flying past you) Probably the most troubling situation in dense traffic. Also are they essential trying to edge your way through traffic to a place of safety ie the bike box at front of lights
Thanks for the feedback Eddie, duly noted.

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Thanks to all that have entered so far, we have received 28 completed applications as we speak.

7cfm

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2011
Done but
1) I live in East Anglia (I ticked south east rather than midlands)
2) I hardly use the throttle at all, only in two places on a 30 mile round trip, pulling away from a set of traffic lights and starting on a junction that is uphill. (I ticked never as I do not routinely use it to start)
7) Average distance one way to work or return trip? (I assumed two way, 30 miles)
10) Battery in parallel and higher power controller for more torque, not higher speed. (I answered yes).

Happy to help but thought I would comment on my answers as like others I found some questions to be ambiguous. Looking forward to seeing the results in due course.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Done :D

Can we have a harder one tomorrow ?

Lynda :)