benelli bikes

No one? Benelli cost half the price of my Haibikes...

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
They do like nice. Their step through for just under a grand looks like a winner for the urban stylish ebiker wannabe.

I wonder what motor they are using? I couldn't spot Any mention of that on my iPhone but it's hard to see everything on a smart phone.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They should be sound, Benelli are a long established Italian maker of motorcycles. MotoGB who are selling the e-bikes are already agents for those motorcycles.

As ever with Italian design, these bikes look very stylish. If they perform as well as they look, they'll be great buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard T. Jensen
D

Deleted member 4366

They do like nice. Their step through for just under a grand looks like a winner for the urban stylish ebiker wannabe.

I wonder what motor they are using? I couldn't spot Any mention of that on my iPhone but it's hard to see everything on a smart phone.
As far as I can figure out they're nothing to do with Benelli motorbikes. They were at the Shanghai Bike Show with all Chinese staff. The smaller motors are Bafangs. I'm not sure about the direct drive ones. The green steamlined one, which is the one that I studied had a Bafang SWX02CST, though there were options for other motors.

Reactions: SteveRuss

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As far as I can figure out they're nothing to do with Benelli motorbikes.
They are from the Italian Benelli motorcycle company, but I'm not surprised at them being made in China like so makes of e-bike and bicycle.

Here's a sales blurb from one of the agents selling them:

"Welcome to the brand new range of electric bicycles by Benelli, the infamous Italian motorbike manufacturer."

Gedge

Pedelecer
Jul 19, 2015
I saw them on sale in a bike shop in Sorrento...looked stylish, well made and with some decent bicycle parts...it's what got me looking at buying an E bike so if nothing else they have done me a favour...

Sounds like you don't need another bike unless you're collecting?
I don`t have an MTB ;) I will use the Benelli in the winter time if i knew it was an quality bike... :)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
"Welcome to the brand new range of electric bicycles by Benelli, the infamous Italian motorbike manufacturer."
Infamous? That's not a good thing is it?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
And to Carry On with the theme:

"Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me."

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is in Benelli's motorcycling world of rip-roaring three cylinder 1200 cc motorbikes!

For e-bikes maybe not, but considering how many rebels in this forum ride e-bikes which are illegal in at least one way and often two, who knows? Infamy might be right up their street.

It seems Benelli are changing direction though, they've just announced a 600cc four cylinder bike and theres talk of an even smaller one, taking them back towards their roots when they made small capacity motorbikes.

Introducing e-bikes is commensurate with that and it's something that fellow Italian motorbike maker Aprilia did years ago for a while.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget that they made a 6 cylinder bike in the seventies. I'm not sure who ripped off who, but the motor looked like a 4 cylinder honda with two extra ones bolted on.

The 750cc Laverda motor of the time bore an uncanny resemblence to the 250cc Honda CB72 motor

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Don't forget that they made a 6 cylinder bike in the seventies. I'm not sure who ripped off who, but the motor looked like a 4 cylinder honda with two extra ones bolted on.

The 750cc Laverda motor of the time bore an uncanny resemblence to the 250cc Honda CB72 motor
Yes, I remember those well and agree their designs including the current 1200cc three cylinder engines often looked like rip-offs by someone. I'd hesitate to say that Benelli were doing the ripping off though, they have a very long technical history and made some very advanced designs pre-WW2, long before the Japanese machines.

My reference to their smaller bikes is from long ago after WW2, when they made 98cc and 125cc bikes, adding 350 and 500cc single cylinder bikes in the 1950s. They did add a 500cc twin specifically aimed at the British market, so that was a form of "me too" copying I suppose.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It is in Benelli's motorcycling world of rip-roaring three cylinder 1200 cc motorbikes!

For e-bikes maybe not, but considering how many rebels in this forum ride e-bikes which are illegal in at least one way and often two, who knows? Infamy might be right up their street.
We need a logo to sew on the back of our cutoff denim jackets

an a club name:

pedelec pirates has a ring to it

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire

Here's the Benelli Bad Boybenelli-750-sei-01.jpg

Reactions: flecc