"Best Buy"

Big John

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2010
Lee on the Solent Hampshire
I visited a newly opened massive "Best Buy" store near Southampton yesterday to have a look at their electric bikes and 'check 'em out'. They had quite a few, iZip, GoCycle, Urban Mover and Xero ? bikes which are "All made in Newton Abbot' and batteries cost less than £200, according to the salesman.

While they have some way to go (not opened 7 days yet) it is encouraging to see eBike interest being spread like this. I recomend a visit to anyone reasonably local or thinking of buying because they will demo them.

Green Tech and Energy>Electric transport: the greener way to travel

Any one heard of Xero then?
Xero Technology | Electric scooters & folding electric bikes

Big John
ps as a new comer (and Mac user) I am still learning this interface.:(

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I didn't know there was one that close to me, must give it a visit.

The only downside being that my wife will insist on a visit to ikea if we are going that way - still the upside is the meat balls are nice...

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
I read about Zero bikes about 2 years ago and then they only made an off-road mountain bike with 15kW motor - no pedals. Now they make a road version as well. I think 50cycles sell them but they are 8k so expensive for a motorbike.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I read about Zero bikes about 2 years ago and then they only made an off-road mountain bike with 15kW motor - no pedals. Now they make a road version as well. I think 50cycles sell them but they are 8k so expensive for a motorbike.
Different company I think, not Zero, this is the Xero website.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They had quite a few, iZip, GoCycle, Urban Mover and Xero ? bikes which are "All made in Newton Abbot' according to the salesman.
:D. Brilliant! My memories of Newton Abbot are that it's just about big enough to make the baskets that fit on handlebars.