Best e-bike app?

goral

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2024
What apps do you use with ebike?
Which ones would you recommend and what is good about them?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
What apps do you use with ebike?
Which ones would you recommend and what is good about them?
Buy a Huawei GT series smart watch. It will track all your bike rides and give you all the health information, like heart rate and calories as well as all the times, speed and distance stuff. Note that there are very cheap replicas and fakes. I can't find any info on how well they work compared with the originals.

Use Google to plan your journeys/routes and help you navigate in real time if you don't know the route. I used it recently for a very complicated 5 mile cross-town route to a place I didn't know that involved cuts through housing estates, underpasses and tracks through parks. It worked perfectly. I didn't even need to look at the screen because the verbal instructions were so clear. Google also knows road conditions in real-time, so it will divert you in real-time if there are any problems ahead.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
what metrics are of interest to you? whats you ebiking focus? are you interested in power input ratios between yourself and the motor/battery? your own fitnes progression?

IF just out of interest i would suggest avoiding adding any distractions to your handlebars as every second spent focusing on an app while ridding takes your awareness away from the road its conditions and other users..

goral

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2024
I was more concerned with something related to navigation, running information such as distance, time, average speed ect.
I am currently using cyclers and testing bikemap.
I was wondering if anyone else is using something else and what the opinions are.
As for a watch, I've had a Huawei GT264 for years which works very well, especially when I get home and look at the data on my phone.
Also, I've noticed that the data on the phone, differs from the data on the display - I'm thinking speed, by almost 1 mph.

Related Articles

Advertisers