Best Ebike mileage.....on ONE battery charge

4bound

Pedelecer
May 1, 2014
Neston
www.facebook.com
I have run Sports Tracker and Strava simultaneously before, and had almost exact returns from them though...maybe I need to use a Mio GPS or similar rather than my HTC M8 phone?
I have noticed that when uploading rides to Strava from other sources that it ignores the stated distance/elevations and recalculates them itself based on the route information. I have also compared my Iphone running Cyclemeter with my Garmin and the results are virtually identical.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
My best mileage on my Rose/Bosch is, if I recall, about 45 miles over an average route using mostly tour.

I tried eco on a flatter route and reached 32 miles with two bars extinguished on the battery meter.

As a rough guide, that suggests 60+ miles would be possible using eco all the way.

I can't decide on eco as a riding prospect, it probably is too weak in all but easy conditions.

Tour is much better, I can ride all day on that setting.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
The furthest I have ridden on one charge is 101.2 miles but I still had over 10Ah left at the end.
It helps to have 48Ah of battery and a BBS02 which is pretty economical anyway.

Once summer arrives I intend to do a 150 mile ride over 2 days,hopefully on one charge.

Top bag holds 6 x 16Ah Multistars so 48Ah at 44.4V nominal.
For local rides I just put one pair in the triangle bag and have now bought an MTB rucksack so for medium rides I have a pair in the triangle bag and a pair in the rucksack.

D

Deleted member 4366

I managed 176 miles from Southend to Telford without recharging my 10.6 Ah battery. When I arrived in Telford, my legs weren't even tired.

I have to be honest, though, my arm ached a bit after lifting the bike off the rack on the back of my car.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I managed 176 miles from Southend to Telford without recharging my 10.6 Ah battery. When I arrived in Telford, my legs weren't even tired.

I have to be honest, though, my arm ached a bit after lifting the bike off the rack on the back of my car.
Some people may consider that "cheating" !!

Reactions: Gringo

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
70 miles is my best (so far) on my bosch powered Cube.
On a good day when I'm thinking about exploreing I tend to ride on low or no power, as the hills get steeper my gears get lower. It's only when I'm in the lower gears the power goes on. There quite a few hills where I'm in first gear and by the time I'm reaching the summit I'm using turbo;) but the power comes off as soon as it comfortable.
My general rule for distance is gear down before powering up.

On the other hand, on a trail ride I'll start on level one & work up from there :)

Reactions: tillson

fmm1000

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
I have a BH Neo Race.
In boost mode which gives max uotput from the motor my longest ride on the 12ah 36v battery is 52 miles.
In eco mode I have managed to go 132 miles in one charge.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
My best mileage on my Rose/Bosch is, if I recall, about 45 miles over an average route using mostly tour.

I tried eco on a flatter route and reached 32 miles with two bars extinguished on the battery meter.

As a rough guide, that suggests 60+ miles would be possible using eco all the way.

I can't decide on eco as a riding prospect, it probably is too weak in all but easy conditions.

Tour is much better, I can ride all day on that setting.
Eco is a bit of an odd one. I find it next to useless if out on my own riding, but it suddenly becomes a viable option for when out riding with anyone who is on a pedal only bike.

I also find that tour is pretty much an ideal setting for pretty much everything. At the end of a ride and if I'm feeling lazy, I'll up the setting beyond this, but on the terrain that I ride, it isn't really required.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
The Eco setting on the Haibike is very different to the Delite.
I can & do ride without power more and therefore get a larger range but the Delite is much more comfortable, I just need to use tour for the same assist level.

Both bikes have the performance motor.

Pete B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2016
Droitwich
We regularly do 40 mile runs on our bikes with loads of energy left in the batteries. I am planning an electric trike with a 100+ mile range. Trike should turn up early next week then the build begins

Mar 9, 2016
Afraid my best is a lowly 28 miles ( Haibike sduro 27.5/ 400wh)(All in high setting)
It did include 4 big climbs around Sheffield Reservoirs ( one a dead end), lots of boulder strewn paths and one long slog through rutted peat bog...so I was very impressed it stayed course.( Had a bit left in battery at end but not so much in legs)
Putting ride in perspective , imagine Winnats pass on single track for 2 of climbs.
Perhaps we should add a caveat to original question.How much further did you get because of the battery energy you used..
Well I couldn't have done 2 of climbs on route ( they,d have been walked ??) So battery made it possible to do ride or cut time to a third .( Route would take me 6 hrs plus on none e bike rather than the 2 hrs 14 mins ????)
Best view on that ride.
WP_20160420_004.jpg

Last edited:

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I have recently purchased a Haibike Trekking with a 400wh system. When I first got the bike, the claim of a 105 mile range in eco plus more seemed a bit of a strech. I have not attemped it to see if it attainable. However, I am getting 60 miles or better in eco and standard modes commuting. I weigh over 20 stone and it is a hilly route. That 60 miles represents 4 return trips.

One of the things I am learning about this system is that by keeping my pedaling cadence up around 70 to 80 rpm, it is helping my range. It also minimizes that "pedaling in a field of mud" feeling when you go over 15.5mph. I am overall very pleased with the bike as it is also a pleasure to ride.

Today, I find that most mainstream manufactures' milage claims are very attainable, under the right conditions. It will only get better as technology improves. Safe journeys all :)

Bindo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2016

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I used 8% of my battery this morning covering 7 miles. That gives me a theoretical range of about 87 miles. I did have a very nice tail wind thought and was above 15.5mph quite a bit. That is on a Haibike, Sduro Trekking. Going home will be another story :)