Best Ebike mileage.....on ONE battery charge

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Update: did a 31 miles run, mostly on assist 3, pedalling with reasonable effort, 3/5 bars remaining
That's an exceptionally steady ride, surely a normal bicycle would be faster wouldn't it?

Pete B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2016
Droitwich
Has anyone else measured watt/hour consumption? With light pedalling using an old, cheap mountain bike I am using around 15 watt/hours per mile. My current pack is 20Ah and voltage is 36. This gives me 720 watt/hours which when divided by 15 gives me a range of 48 miles.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A few have posted wh/m usage on various threads, usage is subjective and can vary greatly depending on many factors. On my £400 FS mtb I can get 10 - 12 wh/m in dryish conditions but given harder very wet/muddy/boggy conditions it is a lot higher and can be as much as 18 wh/m.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
Think with emtb its probably better to look at watts usage with respect to time. Don't know about any others but my rides are nearly always uphills and down them, little time on flats.
One ride I do is 2hr uphill, then 90 mins return so watts/ time and watts/ distance are both dependant on which part of ride you look at.
Overall I find w/ time more useful, the battery after all is always quoted wh....???
I do see w/h can level out on completed ride to give an indication but so can w/time..??

Hard riding I work on 2 and half hrs.
Distance covered totally dependant on terrain.
Slogging up some rutted , stone covered single track will be really expensive for current in respect to distance but with respect to time less so ???

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
10.79 per mile on my last measured ride. I took a photo but the reflection of the sky took out the interesting bit, I'm not making it up honest :p

70 km from the 10.4 Ah bottle battery and 44 km from the 10 Ah Lipo pack at the moment. My current project is to double the Lipo which would mean about 150 km range, that is 6 hours and 20 minutes of riding WOT. I don't think my body would take much more than that.

Bindo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2016
That's an exceptionally steady ride, surely a normal bicycle would be faster wouldn't it?
Probably faster, but my fitness level is nowhere near where it needs to be for that yet. I bought my e bike for commuting so I can cycle to work as there are no shower facilities at work.

Reactions: Artstu

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
25.6 miles on 3ah lipo from HK.
With bbs01 set to level 9 cruse on flat at around 19 mph, so no battery assist. There. It's the takeoff and hills that do it.
Hmmm what range will my 16ah battery give me

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I got passed by a recumbent the other day downhill and passed him going up the next but he went by fast enough for me to think "b@st@rd"... he won't be so proud when I get my trike :D

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I got passed by a recumbent the other day downhill and passed him going up the next but he went by fast enough for me to think "b@st@rd"... he won't be so proud when I get my trike :D
Try the two wheel variant they are faster than the trike Type.
To whack on mine is 35mph peddling, but faster on steep hill.
Better up my front ring to 52 to go faster Or even fairing next.
My birthday pressy?