Best electric bike under £1000

C

Cyclezee

Hello ,

THanks for the recommendation, I will most certainly have a look at Whoosh's website this weekend.

I notice from your advert that you also do other brands as well as eZee. What would you recommend from your portfolio ?

Thanks
PrestonPaul
Hi Paul,

Without knowing your exact criteria I am going to make some assumptions, please tell me if I am wrong.

You want a bike with crossbar, need a fair amount of assistance and don't want to go much over £1000.

If that is the case and if you can stretch to £1195, I would suggest an eZee Torq Mk3 or eZee Sprint GTS 8, performance wise they both use the same high torque eZee motor and are available with a range of battery capacities. The warranty on the electrics including battery is 2 years.

You can see than on our website here http://cyclezee.com/ezee.html
If you have further questions, give me a call on the number below.

Regards,

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
do you fit Marathon Plus to all your bikes? If so good idea. Love those tyres.

C

Cyclezee

do you fit Marathon Plus to all your bikes? If so good idea. Love those tyres.
Hi,
I love them too, Marathon Plus tyres are fitted as standard to all Ansmann bikes and eZee bikes costing over £1000, the Quando and Street models have Schwalbe Big Apples.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Paul,did I miss your height/weight? at £1000 that pretty much excludes the German supply Bosch driven bikes. If you are a big/heavy guy I recommend any bike with the BPM motor.if you are less than 6ft and less than say 15 stone the SWX motor will do fine.
The cheapest good SWX bike around is I think the Vita Uno-26 from London Electric Bike (www.londonelectricbike.com) priced at £695.00,that leaves some change for helmet/clothes etc.
KudosDave

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
Apologies if I shouldn't post this here...but as mentioned elsewhere we have 4 Spencers (in boxes, brand new) looking for new homes at £900...
Motor: Panasonic 250watt brushless mid-mounted

Gears:Shimano Alfine 8 speed internal hub gears

Tyres: Continental Top Contact Touring puncture-resistant tyres, with reflective strip for added visibility.
700 x 37c

Brakes: Shimano Deore XT

Additional Features:
– Shimano dynamo hub powering Busch & Muller front and rear LED lights
– Brooks aged leather sprung saddle and matching Brooks leather grips
– Pletscher EasyFix rear carrier with spring hinges
– ABUS frame lock
– Rear kick-stand
– Colour coded chain guard and mud guards

The speck on these is great for the price .
the xt brakes,dynamo hub lights, alfine 8 speed hub and brooks
saddle would cost you the best part of £400.

D

Deleted member 4366

The speck on these is great for the price .
the xt brakes,dynamo hub lights, alfine 8 speed hub and brooks
saddle would cost you the best part of £400.
Yes, but that won't help you much if you have to push the bike up a hill because you're too heavy for it or you've run out of puff. Its power system is a torque multiplier, so you have to pedal all the time, and have to pedal hard to get high power, which isn't much good if you're not fit enough to pedal hard. Bikes like the Ezee, Kudos Tornado and Woosh Big Bear all have big powerful motors that give the power with minimal or no pedal effort, which is necessary if you get tired like an unfit person will.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Have you tried using the pedelecs database?

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/buy/find-an-electric-bike/

There are more than 130 bikes costing £1000 or less and about 37 without listed prices, including the mysterious Kudos E3. The advanced options should narrow down the candiates.
Russ, except that the code has a small bug, it does not work if you select the crank / mid drive motor.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Trex,

That bug has been fixed now. We've got just under 1,000 models in the database now, although you won't be able to see them all yet until they have been fully completed.

(The mysterious E3 looks to be a test bike by the developers!)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Trex,

That bug has been fixed now. We've got just under 1,000 models in the database now, although you won't be able to see them all yet until they have been fully completed.

(The mysterious E3 looks to be a test bike by the developers!)
Not sure how well it works though. I just selected "Commuting & Town" with "Male" as the options, and the second bike listed is the Kudos Cycles Duchesse step-through, described as a pretty bike, the third one listed is the 8fun 700c Ladies Shopper model, the fourth one the Woosh Santa Ana, described as having a Female frame, the fifth one the Woosh Sundowner, again a low step-through described as a Female frame.

Only the first listed of six bikes therefore "male" with a crossbar frame, so I didn't bother to look further.

C

Cyclezee

The database information is entered by the importer or manufacturer and it is up to them to categorise each model, enter the description and specification etc., so errors are not fault of admin.

As yet there is no category in the USE section for cargo bikes like the Yuba el Mundo etc., but I understand there will be soon.

I have just noticed that there is no category or trikes, so I will ask if this can be included too.

As far as eZee is concerned I have tried to ensure that the information is as accurate as possible.

prestonpaul

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 31, 2014
Sorry for not respodning sooner, I've been floored by the Flu this past week. So I have not forgotten all of you and will be back in a few days hopefully.

PrestonPaul