BH e-motion City doesn't do anything anymore

HPA

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2013
I bought my BH-bike in July and now he doesn't work anymore. The control doesn't show anything. The battery itself shows that she has the 5 lights ok. Because the shop where I purchased it is quite far away I called them to see if I could do something myself. He told me to get a cover off in such way I can access the cables and there I should find a fuse. I find a pouch saying fuse, but I don't see any fuses. The control is like the one on this page: Panasonic IBS (Integrated Bottom Bracket System) Technology - BH-Emotion
Does anybody have an idea of what can be wrong and what I can do?
I know I should go back to the shop but it is really not that simple.
Thanks for all your advice.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There is no external accessible fuse in this system. The only thing you can easily check are connectors for the battery onto the bike, so try cleaning the contact blades that the battery plugs onto.

If that makes no difference, there will be a fuse inside your battery, so you could try opening that up to see if you can locate it and replace it if blown.

However, I don't think you should mess about with it too much since it is only at the start of it's two year warranty and the Panasonic units themselves can fail. They are unrepairable, repair is by replacement of the complete unit, so even though it's very inconvenient, you really should get it back to the dealer for him to repair or replace.

dimmer

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
surrey
I am not an expert but remember something about these batterys have a sleep mode and need to be put back on charge for 5 min?

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

HPA

Oct 30, 2013
I am not an expert but remember something about these batterys have a sleep mode and need to be put back on charge for 5 min?
yes, that's right. I heard about it too.

@flecc. Thanks for your input. I will try to clean the contacts and if that is not working I will go to the dealer again. First I was thinking to go to somebody selling Kalkhoff and Flyer bikes because he is just around the corner and I was hoping that it is something simple. Now I start to think that it will be a warranty case so I will have to find a way to go to the seller.
In the meanwhile I have my doubts about the dealer. If he says there is a fuse, and there is none...

D

Deleted member 4366

I find a pouch saying fuse, but I don't see any fuses.
Surely, if there's a pouch that says "fuse" there must be a fuse somewhere. The pouch normally carries the spare fuse. Can you take a photo of what you have under that cover?

HPA

Oct 30, 2013
That's what I was thinking too, but it is not. The pouch is to protect all the wires and connectors I guess. He was sitting in that big hole in the frame. Here you find a photo of everything that was in that pouch.

The pouch is saying fuse 2.0 A and 0,5A but where and why on that pouch? It seems logical that they are somewhere easy accesible and near that pouch.

For now I don't want to mess with the battery.

sniperul

Just Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Romania
Hello!
Have you found the fuse?
I also have the pouch with Fuse 20A and 0.5A.
Might the fuses be inside battery?
I have the same pedelec system and the Li-Ion Mn is dead (cells degraded). I have 9 18650 cells fully charged. I tried connecting 7 of them to get 29V. The battery stand has 3 pins.
I connected plus+ and minus- to my 7 cells. Does the third pin (one near minus) needs to be connected?
The power switch shows 1 of 3 power lines steady (not blinking like it does with the LIMN, i think that means it is discharged). I can change assist to 30%, 60% 100%, but engine will not engage.
I just want to see if the engine is working .
Thanks!

Attachments

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol