BH Emotion sizing

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Does anyone have a BH E-motion cross, sport or City model with cross bar that they could measure the Effective top tube measurement on for me.

The ETT is measured from centre of head tube to centre of seat tube / seat post horizontally (rather than the actual top tube measurement which doesn't help with the modern sloping TT design).

At 6' with 34" inside leg Onbike reckon either the 50cm or 55cm size would fit. But I didn't get top tube lengths from them which would help me decide.

Thanks

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Thanks Flecc, I've already been in touch with HarryB and he's been very helpful, so I hope he doesn't mind another question.

I'm being impatient really as Onbike will know, just they're closed until Wed :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
50 cycles now sell E Motion bikes as well.....maybe worth a try depending on where you live

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Where I live is part of the problem. Rural Perthshire is about as good as it gets for riding. 15 mile round trip commute on lovely quiet country road, with a choice to half of it gentle off road :)

But getting to try bikes up here is difficult. There are a few dealers in Scotland, but I've not been able to find any panasonic motored ones. Even if there were a Raleigh available it's quite a premium compared to the Emotions and Kalkhoffs.

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
Hi, Not sure where to measure - let me know in simple terms - sorry not that good with bike terms..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi, Not sure where to measure - let me know in simple terms - sorry not that good with bike terms..
The distance between the centres of the two red lines on the photo I've provided below. In other words, the length of the crossbar if it were horizontal instead of sloping. You can click this photo to enlarge it:

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Thanks Roadster, is yours a 50cm or 55cm size bike? How are you finding it by the way?

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
Hi Andyh2, 55cm - its a big bike - not had chance to use it yet due a long term injury :(
But looks and build quality are the best for me...