bike lane lights

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I can't see the point, either the driver cares or not and that won't make the slightest bit of difference. Decenty flashing red lights will be much more visible and less likely to antagonise car drivers.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With dipped headlights required on cars etc in towns now, I think the laser light traces on the road will be swamped out and therefore not seen by a driver. That will be especially true since the black road surface is the worst possible screen for displaying light images.

The site photos are clearly taken on dark stretches with no car headlights behind.

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
Checking DealExtreme to see what new & interesting cra...er gadgets they have, this one caught my eye:

$53.10 - Rechargeable 7-Mode Red 5-LED Safety Bike Tail Light with 7-Mode 2-Red Laser Beam (35mW) - Bike Lights

Video: [video=youtube;irALoVjfxEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irALoVjfxEQ[/video]

Looks like a Chinese company made the idea a reality, the lasers look to be bright enough at 35mw, in comparison your average keychain pointers are only around 5mw. I wonder what the police would make of lasers on your bike...

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Whilst only having observed on the TV, the concern around laser pointers being directed in to aircraft cockpits whilst airborne, I can't imagine these items being allowed onto pushbikes, are they actually legal in the UK?

Good idea, poorly executed.