bike mirrors

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I had this type. I needn't have worried, it was killed by rain anyway. Always splashing about me - this throttle had to be pushed down a long way, so I had it angled up about 40 degrees... which might have hastened it's demise? Whatever, the new push-forward throttle looks better waterproofed, but I don't need it until I need to quickly install it, tool-lessly, if one or both my legs fall off, so I can throttle The GuerneyMobile™®©℠ back to the The Guerney Cave™®©℠.

Well That looks same as 2nd one i have ordered, also I had same thumb throttle on a electric moped ERider I had and sold and I quite liked that type of throttle, so hope it will work on bike

mzsupa5

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 27, 2024
I swear by Mirrycle mirrors and have them on all my bikes. Fold out the way and the joints are stiff enough that the mirror won't shift on bumps

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Dam I am so mad now as I have just noticed this 2nd thumb throttle is female, but i need a male pins one as connection at bike is female too, can you get a male to male extension lead, or is that not going to make throttle work

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cut the connectors off and simply join the wires in the correct colour sequence and heat shrink the joins.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Cut the connectors off and simply join the wires in the correct colour sequence and heat shrink the joins.
Or, if you still want plugs, cut the appropriate end off the old throttle and solder and shrink that into the line.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Well yes I was considering doing that, But now have ordered this male to male lead below, as at controlller its female and at thumb throttle its also female

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Or, if you still want plugs, cut the appropriate end off the old throttle and solder and shrink that into the line.
Yes I could also have dont that, but like i said above Ive now orderd a male to male lead see how it all go if not then cut wires and solder plus heatshrink them

Reactions: flecc and jimriley

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Bafang yellow three pin connector is a Higo connector , it is pretty much identical to the same yellow Julet connector and compatibility wise they fit together. The issue if mixing the two types is the wiring is wrong , the pin out order is different making then incompatible .
When using these plug type connectors one must be 100% sure thta one is using all Higo ytpe or all Julet type.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
The Bafang yellow three pin connector is a Higo connector , it is pretty much identical to the same yellow Julet connector and compatibility wise they fit together. The issue if mixing the two types is the wiring is wrong , the pin out order is different making then incompatible .
When using these plug type connectors one must be 100% sure thta one is using all Higo ytpe or all Julet type.
I think mine then are the Higo connections.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is your controller Higo connectors ?
What system is fitted to your bike ?
Is it a Bafang controller ?

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
Is your controller Higo connectors ?
What system is fitted to your bike ?
Is it a Bafang controller ?
Well all I know is the cable is female which goes to the controller and has that yellow connector on the end and from throttle is same but male.

I don’t really know what controller it is until I check it out. I know the display is a G51

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So if you don't know what the connector is , it is pointless buying stuff that may not have the same pin out sequence.
As I said Higo and Julet both look very much the same , colour , pins and they even mate together , that is all fine and dandy but no good if the pin out sequence is different.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Yes, just do this, it's a 10min job even if you're not great at soldering, strip the wires, twist together to test, when happy solder (slide on heat shrink first), then wrap around some waterproof electrical tape, sorted!

The connecting cable you posted pic of above just adds more crap that needs tidied away and is totally unnecessary.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I suspect your G51 display is coupled to a no name controller or a brainpower type controller, a bafang three pin higo connection will not be compatible.
For simplicity chop the connectors as already said and join/heat shrink the wires correctly. 5v red or brown, gnd black and signal any random colour used by the manufacturer.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I suspect your G51 display is coupled to a no name controller or a brainpower type controller, a bafang three pin higo connection will not be compatible.
For simplicity chop the connectors as already said and join/heat shrink the wires correctly. 5v red or brown, gnd black and signal any random colour used by the manufacturer.
Yes it seems thats what I will have to do. I just wanted to see 1st if that other Thumb Throttle will work, if not then its like you said solder the wires up, as its not as if I need to keep unplugging them. I will take a closer look at controller, when I try things, But I have to lift bike up 16 steps as I am on 1st floor. I just turn front wheel side ways then i can hold hand under front forks then do step at a time. its np going down easy peasy. But I am in no hurry to check controller yet its in my shed on ground floor. and no lights in shed. but its fine can do all of that when i get bike up to my place.

BTW this is my bike but cant see whats name of the controller

https://soodoo.co.uk/products/ebike-02wo

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
At that price it will have a cheap no name china controller , there is no way it will have a Bafang electric system for that money. So highly likely that connectors are not Higo type.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
At that price it will have a cheap no name china controller , there is no way it will have a Bafang electric system for that money. So highly likely that connectors are not Higo type.
Well all I know is they are yellow with 3 pins, But it seems like you said, I am going to have to join the wires to work it. But until throttle arrives, I will wait. Yes its a cheap bike but it was all i could afford, I just needed a bike to get me from A to B not bothered how cheap it is.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will find a lot of stuff may look similar and fit , but that is where simalarity ends. Manufacturers tend not to want compatibility with another competitor so they will wire the connector in adifferent sequence so not to match or work, there is no standard.
With hub bikes there is only one standard that is common and that is with hub motor wiring with the julet nine pin out motor cable. Though Suntour have chosen not to make their's compatible by using a totally different connector, tbh they all need to bought in to the same room and have their heads banged together.

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
You will find a lot of stuff may look similar and fit , but that is where simalarity ends. Manufacturers tend not to want compatibility with another competitor so they will wire the connector in adifferent sequence so not to match or work, there is no standard.
With hub bikes there is only one standard that is common and that is with hub motor wiring with the julet nine pin out motor cable. Though Suntour have chosen not to make their's compatible by using a totally different connector, tbh they all need to bought in to the same room and have their heads banged together.

Yes well said, its all about competition these days, same with shops tesco, aldi, lidl etc etc, it seems I am going to have to solder the 3 wires, but will see when throttle arrives. I do appreciate your help Nealth, as you helped me loads on that Erider Electric Moped, plus a lot of others here too, so all help has been very appreciated

Last edited: