Bike Security

Gyro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 24, 2008
As we all know, some nasty individuals will go to almost any lengths to make a quick buck by depriving others of their hard earned money and belongings.:mad:
Some bikes come with built in security, like the wheel lock on the Agattu, how good is it. Obviously any bike would benefit from being fixed to an immovable object but this entails carrying extra weight, a small price to pay to protect an expensive ebike.
On my motorcycle I use a cable lock passed through the wheels but this is really long and heavy and the motorbike is far too heavy to be lifted bodily.
Does anyone have any reccommendations as to which products to look for to secure a much lighter ebike?

Keith

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This subject crops up regularly Keith, as you can imagine. Have a look at this long and comprehensive recent thread:

Bike security

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
On my motorcycle I use a cable lock passed through the wheels but this is really long and heavy and the motorbike is far too heavy to be lifted bodily.
You reckon? :D
Motorbikes are routinely lifted over cars, a pole through each wheel a bloke on either end of each pole and it goes to head height easily.
Cable locks are very easy to cut through and very little protection for a motorbike.

Gyro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks Mussels! you reaaly know how to inspire confidence:rolleyes: Hehehe Perhaps it's caus my bike's okd and battered they just arent interested.:(

Will take a look at the thread you mentioned flecc.