Bionx-SL Change the electronic

hi folks,

some people in germany asked me whether it is possible to run a bionx-SL with a replacement controller like a cheap sensorless controller or even a sine-wave controller from china. Reason is the Bionx-SL is now mostly out of warranty and often brocken, specialy at the torque-sensor and the hallsensor and the customer get the answer from bionx "sorry, you need to buy a complete new motor for a lot of money"
But if you have a battery and cheap china-controller you can solve the problem in a cheap way

I wrote a manual (part-one) open and fix a sensorless controller to the bionx-SL
Part two is following and show´s how to connect at sine-wave controller to the bionx-SL Motor to get nearly the same driving-comfort and noiseless use of this very leight weight DD-Hub

You can download the file by click my website www.fatbike-motor.com and get a lot of manuals for download from different manufacturer by click download
or just look into the appendix here

regards
frank

Attachments

Reactions: trex and flecc

freilandtone

Just Joined
Aug 31, 2015
thanks for the manual. great help to open the bionx motor. do you already have part II? looking forward to giving it a try operating bionx with another controller.