Bit Miffed with Wisper :-( Fault on Eco 905 *Resolved*

pullenjon

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 6, 2013
Hi David, Thanks for posting. I purchased the bike from e-bikes direct.

I've spoke to them recently and they have offered to pay for a local shop to fit the new wheel.

Shame about this really as I love the bike and have chosen to use it as my main form of transport. Just a bit of a pain as its been off the road for the last 2 weeks whilst I try and get this sorted.

Its not a difficult job, I'm just being cautious (maybe overly) as not to break a connector or stress a wire too much as I cram them back into the housing.

Jon

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi David, Thanks for posting. I purchased the bike from e-bikes direct.

I've spoke to them recently and they have offered to pay for a local shop to fit the new wheel.

Shame about this really as I love the bike and have chosen to use it as my main form of transport. Just a bit of a pain as its been off the road for the last 2 weeks whilst I try and get this sorted.

Its not a difficult job, I'm just being cautious (maybe overly) as not to break a connector or stress a wire too much as I cram them back into the housing.

Jon
Should you ever wish to buy a new bike from us, in the unlikely event of the problem we would collect the bike from your home and provide a loan bike while any repairs are undertaken. Wisper's are good bikes so I am sure you will be pleased once the amendments are made. We are looking forward to receiving their new German made bikes, just have one of their bikes left at the moment and it is getting a bit lonely :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Jon, I am of-course delighted that you like the bike but am sorry that you haver had to put up with the inconvenience. The bike should have been checked before it was sent out to you. I am a very strong believer in buying from a local shop rather than off a website, if anything does go wrong it is very fast and simple to pop it back for repair and advice. All said, we will definitely get you on the road ASAP, to that end if you need any advice please give me a call. My number is on the bottom of this post.

All the best

David

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
I had a window in which I had to purchase the bike as I used the CTW scheme. No body locally stocked them. They still don't I just checked Supreme Cycles in Crewe for example. So I actually went out of my way to buy Wisper, by purchasing blind on-line.

To be honest I don't need any more advice, there's only so many ways to email someone how to replace the wheel.. I just wanted it fixed.

D8Veh has kindly offered to take a look tonight.

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
Also David, just dropped an email to Nick at e-bikes who said:

" This bike was checked by Wisper before being delivered to us as we were aware of this issue and where told that this no longer needed to be done as the code number on the hub motor did not match the faulty batch. I even have the e-mail from them saying this so I am very shocked they told you this as it was an error at their end. I will forward this onto my MD so he can discuss this with Wisper further, I apologise for the bad experience you have had here in future please contact me if you have any issues or questions. "

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Jon, I will of-course follow this up. We don't normally check bikes in our warehouse but this may have been a special case.

If you have any problems with the new wheel or it's fitting, please let me know.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Jon,

I just spoke to the guys at Ebikes direct. Apparently they did call our service guys and were told the batch your bike was from was OK, one must have slipped through the net. So it seems we were most likely the ones at fault! Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Best Regards

David

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The bike is now fixed and running. It's a bit of a Chinese puzzle to get the controller in it's compartment and then attach the side-plate. Once the puzzle was solved, it still took three hands, so Pullenjon get's my full sympathy as he had made a brave attempt on his own, but without three hands, his attempts were futile. Maybe we didn't solve the puzzle completely, but our joint solution worked.

David, there was one slight mishap during the fixing for which Pullenjohn needs a new part. I sent you a PM.

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
Huge thanks to d8veh! Top bloke!

Bike is back up and running, very happy chappy here :)

David if its possible to get the replacement part please let me know, Ill give you my address. Also a third hand would be good if you have one knocking about.

Thanks again mate!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Great news!

No problem with the third hand Jon, our Tech Guys have to get one fitted before they start work with us! I will send one up to you straight away..... now where's that hacksaw!

I have received the PM from "top bloke" Dave and the parts to replace those broken will be winging their way to you immediately.

Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience, I hope your electric bike experience will improve dramatically now!

A HUGE thanks to D8veh, I never cease to be amazed by the selfless and helpful nature so many on Pedlecs display towards each other, but this act of kindness has to take the biscuit!

I do love this business!

Many, many thanks Dave!

All the best

David :)

pullenjon

Feb 6, 2013
Thanks David,

Sorry for you giving you a hard time.. It appears that this rarely happens with Wisper products, I appreciate your help.

Jon

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Not at all Jon, you had a bike with a problem so you had every reason to be miffed. I welcome such criticism, without knowing what customers are experiencing with our bikes how could we keep standards high or improve?

Thanks for your kindness and understanding, and above all enjoy your Wisper!

Best regards

David