bitb more info on panda bikes pro/eco offer please?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
see panda bikes have an offer on pro and eco kits, could do with a bit more ifo re nm for each kit
my pc is playing up can receive but not send emails, not getting the full details when trying to view web page.

there appears to be no contact phone number
thanks all

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I've just bought a Pro 700c front wheel kit in the offer. It arrived today and will get fitted at the weekend. Jimmy at BGA is making up a 17.5Ah battery with connectors to suit and that should arrive Monday or Tuesday, I hope.

It's going to be fitted to my Orbit Orion that had an Electric Bike Conversions kit on it that went pear shaped. I'm hoping this will last a little longer! The Orbit has an 8-speed Alfine hub on the rear that worked well with the last motor.

The combination will be a back up to my Oxygen eMate and is more suited to the touring I'm hoping to do in the next couple of months.

The kit & battery are setting me back £585, which is something of a bargain, given the battery's capacity.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I started my installation yesterday, but found that the recipient bike needs more recommissioning than I'd thought. I got the front wheel fitted and then found the front brake needs recabling. No big deal, but I ran out of time. I also found that Panda had forgotten to send a PAS. An email sorted that out and its on its way, as is the battery from BGA. Now, I really must read the manual before going any further. Oh and 'acquire' some cable ties from work.

rich_r

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2017
North Yorkshire
I ordered a 26" front 250W Pro kit on Monday - everything arrived two days later. Last night I fitted it to my wife's bike. No real issues with the kit, more with the cheap mountain bike!

Had to put washers on the axle to space the forks away from the motor, the casing was rubbing.
PAS sensor wobbled all over the place. Put a cable tie round the shaft to keep it pushed against the pedal crank.
Loads of excess cable from the motor and handlebar looms. That's not a criticism :)
Motor rotates the wrong way with the cable coming out the left side, so will have to cut my cable ties, flip it over and run the cable up the right side fork.

I don't yet have a lithium battery (couldn't afford £200 for the kit and £200 for a battery in the same month), so currently have three 5Ah sealed lead acids on a rear rack. Heavy and not high capacity but they'll do for testing until I get a 10Ah lithium.

Tonight I'll take it out for the first test ride - with the wheel turning the right way :)