Black Friday deals?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I don't think Black Friday deals exist. In the main, it's cheap tat garbage bought in specifically to sell on Black Friday.

My advice is to buy nothing today and to invest the money instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimod and flecc

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
50 Cycles

Kalkhoff Jarifa 27R 5.0, £ 1120:00 ??
I owned a Jarifa 27 and it was the best thing i had ever bought until the motor broke,the second motor ran even better than the first one but that failed as well.
I liked the jarifa because mine had a long range 17ah battery and nobody else was offering that when i bought it.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
So what you are saying in short is:

"I owned a Jarifa 27 and it was the best thing i had ever bought
I liked the jarifa because mine had a long range 17ah battery and nobody else was offering that when i bought it."

All for a grand, I wonder what the Elephant in the room is ???

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
So what you are saying in short is:

"I owned a Jarifa 27 and it was the best thing i had ever bought
I liked the jarifa because mine had a long range 17ah battery and nobody else was offering that when i bought it."

All for a grand, I wonder what the Elephant in the room is ???
The Jarifa model i had was £3600 and i had to sell it for £1200 eight months later.
Not one of my better ideas however the Cube c-62 carbon i have now is reliable and performs very good (bosch CX),owned for ten months.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Agreed. The day I know sales offers can be genuine is the day the banks join in with:

"£10 notes, 50% off".
That's all they are now isn't it? £5.00

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
The Jarifa model i had was £3600 and i had to sell it for £1200 eight months later.
Not one of my better ideas however the Cube c-62 carbon i have now is reliable and performs very good (bosch CX),owned for ten months.

No laughing matter having to take that sort of loss.

That made the Cube really expensive.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: Oh dear really !!! and its not very light. Cheap basic heavy components bring it in at nearly 21kg for a hardtail.
As it is a reduced £1500 bike for £900 just for today then it still doesn't look very special, not a lot going on there for a 1500 quid bike.. Brakes are pretty tame for that money I would want hdb and much better forks.
It looks pretty rubbish at 900 so you have to ask would I look at it for 1495 ???

Last edited:

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Oh dear really !!! and its not very light. Cheap basic heavy components bring it in at nearly 21kg for a hardtail.
As it is a reduced £1500 bike for £900 just for today then it doesn't look very special, not a lot going on there for a 1500 quid bike.. Brakes are pretty tame for that money I would want hdb.

If you read the ad to the bottom it's a £995 bike that they are knocking £100 off.

Surprising just how many bike makes there are.

For the money their service return and 14 day trial seem unbeatable.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
Hi
Newbie here! Mulling over getting an e bike having tried one on holiday. I've seen this deal
https://www.allseasonsbikes.com/products/black-e-xplorer-electric-bike

Has anyone any experience of this brand and how does the spec of the bike stack up. Is it worth a punt at £900? I don't want to pay much more than £1k for my first bike.
Invest your money in an established brand such as Cube,Ktm,Scott,Giant etc,there is plenty of advice and reviews on affordable quality e-bikes in this forum.