Black.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

crash helmet vs pub brick wall = death.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Obviously that was an example in response to you saying helmets cause more serious deaths and injuries, which is one of your false statements!
This was my original statement:

"cycle helmets do not reduce deaths and serious injuries. Indeed there is clear evidence that they increase those."

But now please read my statement again. Then you may see that I have made no false statement since I have NOT said helmets cause more serious deaths and injuries. I have said that there is clear evidence that they do, and that is a true statement since the evidence exists and in due course you will see it.

It's up to each of us then to decide whether we accept the factual evidence or stick to prior instinctive beliefs instead.

I'm busy on other matters at the moment but will return with the promised explanatory post by Monday latest.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
But now please read my statement again. Then you may see that I have made no false statement since I have NOT said helmets cause more serious deaths and injuries. I have said that there is clear evidence that they do, and that is a true statement since the evidence exists and in due course you will see it.
You have just said it again, you contradict yourself once again and until you show this alleged evidence your argument is moot.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Amoto, I don't know how many times we have had this silly argument.
Each time the original poster is arguing from an emotional 'If you had seen what I have seen' basis and bases their argument on 'Stands to reason' type of 'Common sense' grounds.
The hard facts say otherwise.
We live in a free country and if you wish to wear a helmet that's just fine.
But you have absolutely no right whatsoever to try to push your views on other people's freedom by means of legislation.

Reactions: D C

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
The hard facts say otherwise.
We live in a free country and if you wish to wear a helmet that's just fine.
But you have absolutely no right whatsoever to try to push your views on other people's freedom by means of legislation.
Then show me the so called facts and as for pushing my views I am simply stating my opinion as is my right.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Flecc has said twice, in due course he will post the facts. One needs a bit of patience.

As an aside and a sad case of a pure accident, a years ago a little girl died because her parents insisted she wore a helmet and kept in on. It strangled her, whilst out riding with friends as we know kids get up to all sorts ( I was no different at a kid either). They stopped and decide to climb some trees, she slipped and the strap caught on a branch and the helmet strap strangled her.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well this just happened to me and with no helmet would have ended very different.

i was flying down the alleyway with my light on full blast 9000lm and going about 25mph and this fkn twat seen me decides i was going to fast and started waving his arms up and down and leaning to the left to squeeze me for space so id have hit the hedge and went flying so i held my line and let go of the brakes.

his wrist and hand hit my chin guard hard and all i heard was a crack and kept going ppl like that deserve to get ran over and was totally his fault he chose to do that there was plenty of room.

so im sat back at home and bet he is now down a and e with a shattered hand and wrist because of his total stupidity to try get in the way of a 100kg bike and rider with a pro carbon down hill helmet on and punch me in the face going 25mph.

and dont worry my helmet is fine not a mark bones vs carbon fibre dont work he made his choice and will now pay the price for his actions.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Sounds to me from your side of the story that the fkn twat was the one flying down the alleyway with his light on full blast 9000lm. Maybe it would sound different if we heard his side of the story.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats only the 3rd person i have hit all of them got in my way on purpose so deserve what they get in my book.

and i will do it again move or pay the price :p

Craiggor 2

Pedelecer
May 30, 2018
Watch out who's door mirror you smash off. A lancishire e scootrist damaged a white vans mirror today then the van driver proceeded to run over and kill the e-scootrist.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's not DC butt there is no moderation on the forum.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Posts 51 and 53 cross the line for me, not sure I'm going to continue on here if this is considered acceptable.
what crosses the line? if he did not put his arm in my face going past him there would not be a problem but he did because he is a twat.

tho tbh he could of thought i was on a escooter as a gang of them round here even the police put a add in the paper cos they cant catch them says it all.

or do you think it is ok to punch ppl in the face on scooters or bikes going to fast on the pavement or wave there arms to make me crash in to a hedge and a brick wall i chose the path of the least resistance.

there are are more non legal bikes and scooters on the road than ever these days and not wearing a crash helmet is just not a option.

but hey that is your opinion and leave if you want im not going anywhere :cool: because if you dont crash you are not going fast enough :p

RonnieX

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2020
Back to the OP. My observations are that it tends to be your lycra lout type who wears all black, you know the ones, they ride in packs, 2 or 3 abreast. Not long ago these guys were done up like power rangers. So it must be a fashion thing !

• Agree
Reactions: TedG

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
was flying down the alleyway with my light on full blast 9000lm and going about 25mph and this fkn twat seen me decides i was going to fast and started waving his arms up and down and leaning to the left to squeeze me for space so id have hit the hedge and went flying so i held my line and let go of the brakes.
So you were riding your illegal bike at a ridiculous speed and a blinding light at someone and they are in the wrong, and you come on here bragging about it, Try taking a step back and see how foolish you appear....