Black.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Craiggor mentioned the incident yesterday about an escooter, it is in the news today a guy has been arrested for murder after running him down. Being the media murder is what they would say to sensationalise the story but the charge will be manslaughter or death by dangerous driving. Unfortunately two wrongs don't make a right and likely the escooter was being ridden illegally as most are on the highway, though deliberately targeting the rider may well end in a custodial.

Like SW's incident two wrongs don't make a right and the pedestrian is likely to come off worse in that instant, I'm not defending SW but the pedestrian would likely come off worse if prosecuted then SW would have been for riding his ebike as right or wrong he acted to assault/attack SW.
I don't agree with his antics, if any one doesn't like his posts then one can always ignore him, but when you put some one on ignore it can skew threads you read.

Whether right or wrong one has to accept any consequences for their actions.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

montwo

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2019
I started this over a query about black outfits v HiViz.
Where / why did it all go wrong? :eek:
Telling people what to wear is never going to end well. Whether it's helmets or hi-viz. I've read umpteen threads on cycling and motorcycle forums, yet to see one that didn't 'go wrong'.

montwo

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2019
Enlighten me where I "told people what to wear".
My comment was why do so many wear black?
My mistake.
''...cyclists who wear black and make themselves difficult to see should perhaps have a rethink...'

Last edited:

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I think the problem is people like to think they have made the right choices and whether they have or haven't they don't like it when others intimate they may be wrong or ill advised ( I include myself in this) hence they get very defensive.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You asked for peoples opinions in a sensitive subject Ted, at the same time stating your own position. What people wear is very personal and there is no absolute wrong or right since circumstances vary widely.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

o_O

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

montwo

Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2019
The fashion for Black - senior consultant surgeons have a term - Donors.
It's stuff like this that generally makes these threads take a turn for the worse. I always try to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and assume they're trolling.

Muddyfox

Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2018
Nottingham
Sorry I started this thread with a simple question about riders in black which from my experience I felt was unwise in todays climate.
I really didn't want it to turn into a war of words. :(
Dont worry. Things often go off topic and verbal warfare is declare at the drop of an hat (or helmet in this case). Still waiting for "single point of failure " to appear in the thread. Cheers

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
It's stuff like this that generally makes these threads take a turn for the worse. I always try to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and assume they're trolling.
Ooerr! No fun shall be had. Soz.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Still waiting for "single point of failure " to appear in the thread. Cheers
The single point of failure in this case would be the rider dying o_O
maybe riding a tandem would be the answer;) at least then if one rider should fail the bike can go on:p