Body protection?

Supermack

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2009
Greater London, HA3
We know with electric bikes we can get up to some speed, and if we have to cope with other traffic.

Have you considered wearing protective gear?

The more I think about it, the more sensible it seems. After all why take the risk?

I think a protective jacket would be good?? :)

What about this??

Supermack

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2009
Greater London, HA3
Maybe it is not necessary...after all many cyclist circle the globe without major incident.

I guess motorcyclists need it because of the incredible speeds and accelerations they cover...

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Protective Gear

I wear a protective jacket etc . on my Motorcycles and Scooters , but confess to only using a Cycle helmet and Hi-vis waistcoat on cycles and Ebike . I think you would have an accident from heat exhaustion or you might get rammed from behind , as plenty of motorists seem to delight in following far too closely on occasions .

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Another helmet debate? <Where did I put my popcorn> :D
No chance, I resisted the temptation to remark that my nephew Carl on his 18th birthday set off on his round the world cycling trip and never had a helmet at any time.

At double that age he earns a living of sorts in the cycle trade now, so perhaps he did suffer brain damage! :D

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I've worn downhill body armour and a full face helmet before. I wouldnt want to do any length of time in it in summer, even without pedalling.