Bosch battery

Bikernun

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Hi all im in need of some advice i have a bosch 500 powerpack with faulty bms cells are still fine I would like to use cells on a hub motor build just need to know what my options s are regarding motor sizes and can I just get a of the shelf bms and use my cells any help from you guys will be much appreciated

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there are 40 18650s in the pack so if you rip them all out and make a new pack with a new bms it should be good to go.

Bikernun

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Wow thanks for speedy reply any chance you know what bms i will need im a complete novice i have taken cells out of case and taken bms of im left with a red and black wires and some thin wires thank

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will depend what motor you want to use and its voltage and how many amps you can pull from the pack you end up with as if the motor pulls to many amps the hole pack can explode.

im not sure building a pack from scratch is going to be a good idea tbh as you really need a spot welder to assemble the pack of cells and if one goes in the wrong way it is short circuit and fire!