Bosch HMI Mounting Bracket Problems!!!!!

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
I have just been reading through the thread on Justebikes and one of the last posters BobJ mentioned he had problems earlier this year with the Bosch HMI on his Haibike and others had a similar problem with KTM.

I have just had a "surf " to see any references to this especially on German pedelec forum I have not seen any reference to this , has anyone got any information to support/deny if this is a common problem!!

Alan

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I have just been reading through the thread on Justebikes and one of the last posters BobJ mentioned he had problems earlier this year with the Bosch HMI on his Haibike and others had a similar problem with KTM.

I have just had a "surf " to see any references to this especially on German pedelec forum I have not seen any reference to this , has anyone got any information to support/deny if this is a common problem!!

Gordon,you really must get out more on those four bikes,are you telling me you don't know about the Bosch HMI problem,where have you been all your life?
Ps what's the Bosch HMI ?
Dave
Kudoscycles

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Good one ..... I must admit that I was wondering what on earth is HMI when i read that post!!!

Alan

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Human machine Interface...OR the twist on indicator panel on handlebars that also acts as a lock....

loose it and your ban jacked as about 150€ to replace, when i take it and the battery and the seat post i get a kinda warm fellin inside when I leave it somwhere......as bike without all this + keys + charger worthless as an e bike to a thieving toe rag

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Human machine Interface...OR the twist on indicator panel on handlebars that also acts as a lock....

loose it and your ban jacked as about 150€ to replace, when i take it and the battery and the seat post i get a kinda warm inside when I leave it somwhere......as bike without all this + keys + charger worthless as an e bike to a thieving toe rag
Eddie,what are you on? I didn't understand a word of your post,can you translate please? Preferably into Greek.
Dave
Kudoscycles

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Blimey you sell the bikes! its the user indicator panel on handlebars....it twists off for extra security. Bosch call it a HMI (human machine interface)

when I lock bike up when out and abou,t I remove HMI + battery + seat post....also as no key (in my pocket) or charger (in my house) not much resale value as an e bikeI hope

banjacked an Irish expression for cattle trucked?...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Blimey you sell the bikes! its the user indicator panel on handlebars....it twists off for extra security. Bosch call it a HMI (human machine interface)

when I lock bike up when out and abou,t I remove HMI + battery + seat post....also as no key (in my pocket) or charger (in my house) not much resale value as an e bikeI hope

banjacked an Irish expression for cattle trucked?...
Oh I get it,you need a truck every time you leave the bike!
Dave
Kudoscycles

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Definition of banjax
verb
[with object] (usually as adjective banjaxed) informal
ruin, incapacitate, or break:

the kettle’s banjaxed
Origin:
1930s: originally Anglo-Irish, of unknown origin

from oxforddictionaries.com

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Oh I get it,you need a truck every time you leave the bike!
Dave
Kudoscycles
Not really always carry battery with me anyway and until I get seatpost lock for thud buster I have no choice.....

C

Cyclezee

Blimey you sell the bikes! its the user indicator panel on handlebars....it twists off for extra security. Bosch call it a HMI (human machine interface).
This reminds of a thread where your favorite "British" ( pauses to clear throat) electric bike manufacturer didn't realise that his folders had front and not rear hub motors until it was pointed out to him. He then went on to extoll the virtues of front motors over rear:rolleyes:

It just goes to show that some of the 'big boys' don't really know their A from their E, never mind such ridiculous and pretentious acronyms as HMI.

Of course such acronyms are everywhere, eZee is not an exception, if anyone can tell me what an EAF is, I will supply one free of charge, (I will need your address Flecc);)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Ezee Assist Factor speed dial......

Lynda :)

PS...you are being very polite "wisper'ing" about certain peoples lack of the knowledge of their own bikes lol

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
This reminds of a thread where your favorite "British" ( pauses to clear throat) electric bike manufacturer didn't realise that his folders had front and not rear hub motors until it was pointed out to him. He then went on to extoll the virtues of front motors over rear:rolleyes:

It just goes to show that some of the 'big boys' don't really know their A from their E, never mind such ridiculous and pretentious acronyms as HMI.

Of course such acronyms are everywhere, eZee is not an exception, if anyone can tell me what an EAF is, I will supply one free of charge, (I will need your address Flecc);)

A very busy man, but still manages to find time to sort out owners problems though, because he realises business is all about reputation. I feel pretty sure if he stocks Bosch bikes he will stock the odd spare HMI's unlike some......

C

Cyclezee

Damn Lynda,

You win, but you need to be aware of the terms and conditions.

Before I send it, I will need your address, phone number, age, vital statistics, race, nationality, sex, religion, political affiliations, bank and credit card details including passwords.

Don't worry this information will not passed to anyone else.......outside the forum:eek:

No such thing as a free lunch Lynda;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Damn Lynda,

You win, but you need to be aware of the terms and conditions.

Before I send it, I will need your address, phone number, age, vital statistics, race, nationality, sex, religion, political affiliations, bank and credit card details including passwords.

Don't worry this information will not passed to anyone else.......outside the forum:eek:

No such thing as a free lunch Lynda;)
ROFLOL......As you know, the only information about me that you are missing is my credit card details so I can tell you now that I dont have a credit card.......

So stop prevaricating and bring me the part :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry to nit-pick, but Lynda responded Ezee Assist Factor speed dial, so she did not win I'm afraid, wrong letter cases in the word eZee and speed control incorrect. It's the eZee Assist Factor power control.

For those wondering what the EAF is, here's an explanation fromn the eZee principal Wai Won Ching when testing an eZee Torq:

"Normally I test the bikes with full power, and not the type of utility riding with 10-14 mph. Today, I test it, putting a potentiometer option on ( we have an option call the eZee Assist Factor ) setting the power level 3.5 from a scale of 8.5 . I rode from my home to the eZee’s factory with the following results :

Distance 18.08 km 11.3 miles
Ave.speed 19.17 kmph 12 mph
Power consumption 70.66 Wh
1.754 Ah
Time 56m 33s

This is in ball park of about 50% assist ratio, with 70 watts average from the electric power and the rest with muscle power. There average power consumption on such a ride is definitely no more than 150 watts. This type of utility riding over level road, with no wind condition, I would be able to do 60 miles on a charge of the battery on the eZee Torq. I will be 58 in this Nov and weighs154 lbs with summer clothing and shoes on. Healthy but not fit in athletic terms."

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
You are SUCH a sore nit picking loser Flecc ROFLOL :D
I think my answer was good enough for most people :)

And while Im here I am sueing John under the Sexual Discrimination Act for only asking for your address IF you won .........which I do not concede ;)

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
And while Im here I am sueing John under the Sexual Discrimination Act for only asking for your address Lynda :)
Mlud...

We put it that that Lynda claimed publicly that...
As you know, the only information about me that you are missing is my credit card details
Thus the claim is not only false, but a bit malicious :p

C

Cyclezee

You are SUCH a sore nit picking loser Flecc ROFLOL
I think my answer was good enough for most people

And while Im here I am sueing John under the Sexual Discrimination Act for only asking for your address IF you won .........which I do not concede ;)

Sorry Lynda,

Flecc is right.....you should know by now he is always right:rolleyes: and in any case, as an ex Guru, (to me he is a demigod) he does not need to comply with the same terms and conditions as mere Tonaro riding mortals:p