Bosch Kiox

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tbh id not fit one even if it was free as like the old display it drove me nuts being in the middle of the bars.

on off and turbo is all the modes i need :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have a short 50mm stem so it would stick out a mile and also needs the remote and wire where as purion all in one unit.

i stopped looking at the speed a long time ago and i hardly even look at it these days.

D

Deleted member 128

A Kiox should be arriving with my new ebike on Wednesday, I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Reactions: Fat Rat

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My bike is at the bike shop awaiting either collection or shipping but due to family illness it will have to wait there for a bit longer.
Having spent 6.4k I need propper insurance and so far the companies I have received qotes from require a sold secure gold chain, lock and floor/wall anchor.
In itself this isn't over much of a problem and the googlenet has acquired it for me.. yep, easy peasy, but the product photos didn't prepsre me for the sheer weight and size of the kit involved.. How anyone could consider riding with this chain is beyond me as it weighs 4.5 kg. (12inch/30cm ruler in photos for reference).

D

Deleted member 128

My bike is at the bike shop awaiting either collection or shipping but due to family illness it will have to wait there for a bit longer.
Having spent 6.4k I need propper insurance and so far the companies I have received qotes from require a sold secure gold chain, lock and floor/wall anchor.
In itself this isn't over much of a problem and the googlenet has acquired it for me.. yep, easy peasy, but the product photos didn't prepsre me for the sheer weight and size of the kit involved.. How anyone could consider riding with this chain is beyond me as it weighs 4.5 kg. (12inch/30cm ruler in photos for reference).
I bought an Abus Bordo Granit Plus gold standard lock which weighs 1.6Kg and is surprisingly light and small.
I'll insure my bike through Assetsure Cycle Insurance, the bike doesn't need to be secured inside the garage and they were the cheapest I came across for my R&M Supercharger.
The bike arrived today but there's an issue with the Kiox which I hope will get resolved tomorrow.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I bought an Abus Bordo Granit Plus gold standard lock which weighs 1.6Kg and is surprisingly light and small.
I'll insure my bike through Assetsure Cycle Insurance, the bike doesn't need to be secured inside the garage and they were the cheapest I came across for my R&M Supercharger.
The bike arrived today but there's an issue with the Kiox which I hope will get resolved tomorrow.
2 questions..
How much was your insurance and what's wrong with kiox?

D

Deleted member 128

2 questions..
How much was your insurance and what's wrong with kiox?
Bike insurance premiums are very dependent on location, mine is less than half what it would be in London for example. Try contacting Assetsure for a quotation at your location.
Kiox not functioning, hopefully will be fixed tomorrow.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Kiox not functioning, hopefully will be fixed tomorrow.
how the hell can a bike this expensive not even have a pre check delivery done to make sure it like even turns on is a joke.:eek:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Assetsure. £430pa didn't ask for post code but will have a better look tomorrow. Locks and chain needs to be sold secure gold which is different to gold rated.
My current insurer wants £320 but must be stored behind a 5 lever lock and as they are not available for up and over doors it must have a sold secure gold chain and ground/wall anchor. If left outdoors must use same lock. I have not seen any lightweight chains marked sold secure gold but that doesn't mean there aren't any... My internet search skills are nothing like sw's for instance.
Update.
Redone quote, same site from different link.
Asked for post code price £313.
Updatw update
Now I am fully awake and have put my 2 years no claims in its down to £297 and having read through the T&C's they specify "Normal security provisions are operative" whatever that means! Being an ambiguous statement and insurance companies penchant for adding wriggle room a recorded phone call is needed for clarification.
Definately needs a sold secure gold lock and chain (very specific) which are all stamped so no ambiguity there, so overall one of the best quotes I have found so far.. so thanks for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 128

Assetsure. £430pa didn't ask for post code but will have a better look tomorrow. Locks and chain needs to be sold secure gold which is different to gold rated.
My current insurer wants £320 but must be stored behind a 5 lever lock and as they are not available for up and over doors it must have a sold secure gold chain and ground/wall anchor. If left outdoors must use same lock. I have not seen any lightweight chains marked sold secure gold but that doesn't mean there aren't any... My internet search skills are nothing like sw's for instance.
Update.
Redone quote, same site from different link.
Asked for post code price £313.
Updatw update
Now I am fully awake and have put my 2 years no claims in its down to £297 and having read through the T&C's they specify "Normal security provisions are operative" whatever that means! Being an ambiguous statement and insurance companies penchant for adding wriggle room a recorded phone call is needed for clarification.
Definately needs a sold secure gold lock and chain (very specific) which are all stamped so no ambiguity there, so overall one of the best quotes I have found so far.. so thanks for that.
The Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus is "Sold Secure Gold" approved.
I was quoted £261.06 pa by Assetsure, all they ask is that the garage doors are locked while the bike is inside and that it's locked with a "Sold Secure Gold" lock when left outside.

D

Deleted member 128

how the hell can a bike this expensive not even have a pre check delivery done to make sure it like even turns on is a joke.:eek:
It was working when the bike was commissioned by the shop, must have developed a fault in shipping. We'll see......

• Disagree
Reactions: tommie

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The Bordo Granit 6500 X-Plus is "Sold Secure Gold" approved.
I was quoted £261.06 pa by Assetsure, all they ask is that the garage doors are locked while the bike is inside and that it's locked with a "Sold Secure Gold" lock when left outside.
Certainly the best quote I have had with the difference in price probably caused by my post code and recent claim.

D

Deleted member 128

Update - my Kiox is working now, the cable from the push buttons to the display holder had been damaged by the carrier, they'd enlarged a hole in the cardboard box containing the ebike to help them move it and guess what - this was adjacent to the handlebar and button cable inside.

Problem fixed within 24 hours of the bike arriving here - fantastic response from the seller, Fully Charged in London, and the manufacturer, Riese and Muller. Both are 100% recommended.

The Kiox looks great and having its operating buttons positioned close to my left thumb makes it very easy to operate while cycling. I'll report back after I've used it and the bike for a couple of weeks.