Brain power controller

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Pulses are more defined with 6 magnets but only started the motor once and the would not do it again. Should the motor start when it pulses 5v or 0v?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Pulses are more defined with 6 magnets but only started the motor once and the would not do it again. Should the motor start when it pulses 5v or 0v?
It's complicated, and different controllers do slightly different things. AFAIK, the general rule is that the CPU monitors the input for pulsing. It allows a small delay before doing anything. Typically, the motor goes after about 1/4 or 1/2 a crank rotation, so something like 1/4 to 1/2 seconds.

Has your controller got the self-learning wires? If so, did you do the self-learning procedure?

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
It has the wires which I connected together, the motor ran in reverse so I disconnected the wires and then reconnected and it ran the right way, is there more to the self learning process?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It has the wires which I connected together, the motor ran in reverse so I disconnected the wires and then reconnected and it ran the right way, is there more to the self learning process?
Once the self learn wires are connected and correct operation is synced one needs to switch off the bike and disconnect them to ensure the process is complete.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
I have the motor going the right way and the throttle works but I cannot get the pas to work even though I get a pulse when the magnet passes the sensor

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Yes disconnected learn wire and tried pedalling backwards but still no working

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The only other thing i can think of is that some pedal sensors are handed, so they only work on one side of the bike. Try flipping the magnet disc, then try pedalling backwards and forwards to see if either works.

DJG

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2020
Ok thanks, if it doesn’t work will just use leg power and the throttle, it’s so much better than nothing working which is where I started from.