Brake sensors on Magura MT4 levers

scbk

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2019
Highlands
P1080460x.jpg

Wanting to add brake sensors to a bike that has Magura MT4 hydraulic disc brakes. The levers aren't a great shape for sticking the magnet type sensors to.

Has anyone fitted sensors to these levers, or did you change for levers with built in sensors?

I don't know if these ebike lever would be a straight swap for what I've got?:

Not figured out yet if the switches should be "normally open" or "normally closed", don't have the controller here yet

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
View attachment 52853

Wanting to add brake sensors to a bike that has Magura MT4 hydraulic disc brakes. The levers aren't a great shape for sticking the magnet type sensors to.

Has anyone fitted sensors to these levers, or did you change for levers with built in sensors?

I don't know if these ebike lever would be a straight swap for what I've got?:

Not figured out yet if the switches should be "normally open" or "normally closed", don't have the controller here yet
I fitted sensors and magnets to my magura levers, they had sticky pads on but I used super glue at well, they haven't come off yet. If it's a rounded surface use a little bicarb of soda at a filler with the superglue.

scbk

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2019
Highlands
I fitted sensors and magnets to my magura levers, they had sticky pads on but I used super glue at well, they haven't come off yet. If it's a rounded surface use a little bicarb of soda at a filler with the superglue.
Cheers, have you got any photos?

scbk

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2019
Highlands
In the end bit the bullet and bought the replacement levers with integral switch, £50 a pop, but they do work well, they have a double pivot so they come on before the brakes are activated. Bought a couple of HIGO plug leads for a neat install

Attachments

Reactions: jimriley