Wisper Brand New Wisper 705se Grinding Brakes

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
Hopefully the last update!

The grinding came back after about 100 miles so Wisper have taken the bike back to look at.
They have confirmed that the suspension forks are flexing forwards and back, as well as up and down. This is causing irregular pressures on the disc and pads.

New forks are on order and I hope to have the bike back soon :)

Thanks again to David and the team for the continuous support and communication throughout.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks for your patience!

We will get the bike back to you ASAP.

All the best, David
Have a look at the caliper adapter. Two things: 1. Which way up it goes; 2. Stiffness - maybe try a different one.

I've done a couple of modifications on caliper adapters. both times when I compromised the stiffness of the mounting, they sang and vibrated.

Another possible solution is a smaller disc, which will shorten and stiffen the caliper adapter.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Maleyale

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2020
Have a look at the caliper adapter. Two things: 1. Which way up it goes; 2. Stiffness - maybe try a different one.

I've done a couple of modifications on caliper adapters. both times when I compromised the stiffness of the mounting, they sang and vibrated.

Another possible solution is a smaller disc, which will shorten and stiffen the caliper adapter.

Hi I there is there any updates to whether the brake issued been sorted. If so what was the solution.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
Hi I there is there any updates to whether the brake issued been sorted. If so what was the solution.
The guys at Wisper fitted new front forks and it seems to have solved the problem.
I haven’t been able to ride too far on it though as I got hit off by a car last week :(
Luckily the bike isn’t too badly damaged, my arm took most of the punishment. At least skin grows back!

Maleyale

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2020
The guys at Wisper fitted new front forks and it seems to have solved the problem.
I haven’t been able to ride too far on it though as I got hit off by a car last week :(
Luckily the bike isn’t too badly damaged, my arm took most of the punishment. At least skin grows back!
Well I'm glad you're bike seems to be fixed. Hope you make a speedy recovery. Take care.

Reactions: 01wellsd

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry to read that. Get well soon!

All the best, David

Reactions: 01wellsd