Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
in the news: Antonio Tajani said "Brexit bill should be ‘at least €60 billion’".
He also suggests that the EU's budget should be double what it is.

There are plenty more big spenders where he comes from.

https://www.politico.eu/article/antonio-tajani-brexit-bill-60-billion-euros/
Mafiaoso, just hope he doesn't send his pals around with a horses head.

More seriously, I would more want to learn more about how this Bill is arrived at, than I would to have a need to hear about the 'costs' to us should things result in a hard Brexit.

Once we leave he may well be right as far as the remainers budget is concerned.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Then you wonder why your complaints about Remainers on here calling you names fall upon Deaf ears...
You do realise that remark will come back and haunt you don't you?
I was speaking about us all OG, you know full well had I being singling people out I would have named names...You,ve assumed I was speaking about remainers.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Mafiaoso, just hope he doesn't send his pals around with a horses head.

More seriously, I would more want to learn more about how this Bill is arrived at, than I would to have a need to hear about the 'costs' to us should things result in a hard Brexit.

Once we leave he may well be right as far as the remainers budget is concerned.
the size of the bill itself is not a problem, we know it is`roughly around 50-60 billion Euros, that will cover everything including the RAL up to2021. As I see it, we'll have to pay that bill anyway. there may be a wigging room of about 10-15 billion euros if we argue the bill for a few more years.
We have agreed with the EU the order of play, we just as well stick to it and negotiate the bill quickly and efficiently. The hard brexiters delude themselves thinking we could just walk away without paying a penny.
The EU was allowed to start so many projects under labour then Cameron without corresponding increases in budget, in effect, all members agreed to put ever more on credit card. Our net contribution should have been £15b a year under Cameron.

• Dislike
  • Informative
Reactions: Zlatan and PeterL

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I was speaking about us all OG, you know full well had I being singling people out I would have named names...You,ve assumed I was speaking about remainers.
Apologies! this confused me

"Doubtful. You cant educate pork."

I didn't realise you were making a Pig of yourself!
Silly me!

Please feel free to do so whenever the urge comes on:D
(But perhaps a little prior warning wouldn't go amiss!)

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
in the news: Antonio Tajani said "Brexit bill should be ‘at least €60 billion’".
He also suggests that the EU's budget should be double what it is.

There are plenty more big spenders where he comes from.

https://www.politico.eu/article/antonio-tajani-brexit-bill-60-billion-euros/
This bit will no doubt win him few friends around here!
"Tajani also called for a substantial increase in the EU’s budget, saying €140 billion a year was not enough. “We will need twice as much as today,” he said, adding that a financial transaction tax would help raise some of the extra cash.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
the size of the bill itself is not a problem, we know it is`roughly around 50-60 billion Euros, that will cover everything including the RAL up to2021. As I see it, we'll have to pay that bill anyway. there may be a wigging room of about 10-15 billion euros if we argue the bill for a few more years.
We have agreed with the EU the order of play, we just as well stick to it and negotiate the bill quickly and efficiently. The hard brexiters delude themselves thinking we could just walk away without paying a penny.
The EU was allowed to start so many projects under labour then Cameron without corresponding increases in budget, in effect, all members agreed to put ever more on credit card. Our net contribution should have been £15b a year under Cameron.
Yes, politicians are very good at spending other peoples money. Unfortunately there are few complaints.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
European Parliament President Antonio Tajani has once again demonstrated thinking in Brussels, insisting that the European Union needs to double its budget to €280 billion a year with the introduction of EU taxes so that the bloc has its “own resources”.

He has said: “We need…€280 billion instead of €140 billion a year.”

“This will require new EU own resources, such as a financial transaction tax on stock exchanges.”

It comes as the European Union continues to push for increasing military capability, sure to cost plenty of money.

With such lofty fiscal ambitions, it is clearer now why the EU are so keen to milk the British cash cow on the way out.

Looks like our resident old codgers will be checking down the sofa now.. lol!

Greece, Portugal, Spain and R.O.I. must be thrilled at the news :D

btw who divvys up in place of the UK`s contribution when we leave?

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: oldtom and Zlatan

Quarryjmiller

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2015
Wow, what a long running argument, I wonder if any of the proponents have managed to convince anybody to change their minds about how they feel about the U.K. leaving the eu.

• :D
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Wow, what a long running argument, I wonder if any of the proponents have managed to convince anybody to change their minds about how they feel about the U.K. leaving the eu.
Yes, I have.. OG used to be a leaver..He took some persuading but he,s a devout remainer now...oh hang on a minute..he does want us to leave...but I,m sure he,s a remainer...There will be some logic in it somewhere...

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
European Parliament President Antonio Tajani has once again demonstrated thinking in Brussels, insisting that the European Union needs to double its budget to €280 billion a year with the introduction of EU taxes so that the bloc has its “own resources”.

He has said: “We need…€280 billion instead of €140 billion a year.”

“This will require new EU own resources, such as a financial transaction tax on stock exchanges.”

It comes as the European Union continues to push for increasing military capability, sure to cost plenty of money.

With such lofty fiscal ambitions, it is clearer now why the EU are so keen to milk the British cash cow on the way out.

Looks like our resident old codgers will be checking down the sofa now.. lol!

Greece, Portugal, Spain and R.O.I. must be thrilled at the news :D

btw who divvys up in place of the UK`s contribution when we leave?

This is an aspect remainers all seem unworried about...we,ve seen how EU has grown and developed in past 15 years but where will it be in another 20...Everybody is crystal ball gazing saying how negative future is for us out the EU but where will EU end up and exactly what form will it take. Its current guise is certainly nothing akin to the one of the late 70's...

• Agree
Reactions: PeterL

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, I have.. OG used to be a leaver..He took some persuading but he,s a devout remainer now...oh hang on a minute..he does want us to leave...but I,m sure he,s a remainer...There will be some logic in it somewhere...
There certainly is, and my position was clear right from the start, we need to leave because those who voted for it are unable to see their mistake till it bites them in the Butt, whereas you have been on both sides, or so your entries indicate.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is an aspect remainers all seem unworried about...we,ve seen how EU has grown and developed in past 15 years but where will it be in another 20...Everybody is crystal ball gazing saying how negative future is for us out the EU but where will EU end up and exactly what form will it take. Its current guise is certainly nothing akin to the one of the late 70's...
It will be the United States of Europe, a major world power, even you should be able to work that out, and we will again be part of it.

Advertisers