Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
And no doubt you want these things too
The national Government shouldnt
Cut back on The Armed Forces
Wage wars to suit the Americans
Cut the Coastguard so our shores are unprotected
Not rob the poor to enrich the Elite and cover up the swindles of the Bankers
Not have Crown Territories used as Money Laundering centres?
And Not have the most intensive surveillance on the public on the Planet?
Plus a Gestapo trying to prevent the deserving and ill being paid their benefits?
And shouldn't n't perecute the out of work into none jobs to keep the costs down
And doesn't cut funds to the NHS, Defence and Infrastructure?

My goodness you have backed the wrong horse haven't you?
What the heck does this Government actually do except get us into this nightmare Brexit senario because they fight among themselves like Rats in a sack?
Meanwhile the country is not being run by anybody is it?
If we locked them out of the HOC we would probably get along better without them.
It staggers me that you an come out with the absolute nonsense about Conservatism as you do.
Lets put it simply
It's a Curse
No point in you even attempting to think for me OG that will just make you wrong on every count. All you need to do is pay attention.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
And Tommie disagreed with that, I thought Robdon got result right.
He,s posting every November, we should all learn from him.
How many 'dislikes/disagrees' will it take? I've only been here a short time and I'm already near the top of the list - behind you though so that's OK.

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Could hardly resist but, next time let's see what you have to say. Hard to believe that you have contributed so much in the past - yesterday's man perhaps?
Not so much yesterday's man as perhaps a highly efficient one?

Why bother typing in thread like this one when one can just click Agree when someone expresses one's point of view and click Disagree when an opposite view is posted.

That possibility is supported by the brevity of Robdon's posts, the Iceland result and the terse DUP.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Not so much yesterday's man as perhaps a highly efficient one?

Why bother typing in thread like this one when one can just click Agree when someone expresses one's point of view and click Disagree when an opposite view is posted.

That possibility is supported by the brevity of Robdon's posts, the Iceland result and the terse DUP.
Perhaps!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
cut to the chase here and stop babbling on, you couldn`t find what you were looking for on Google,.... right

so wind yer neck in and get yer facts right in future!

got it?

Good.....
Oh Dear is that they best you can do?
Never mind, eventually you will grow up.
I explained in simple words even you should have been capable of understanding, apparently you don't merely have an agressive attitude, you can't understand what you read either.
I'll try again
That Debt is the amount that our Government agreed to Pay towards the Budget of the EU over the years of membership till we leave

That there is a Debt is accepted by all concerned, the level of that debt should be something that could be settled by debate, but simple minded people like yourself get aggresive at that idea.
Got it now?

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No point in you even attempting to think for me OG that will just make you wrong on every count. All you need to do is pay attention.
Which must mean that the failings of the Government I outlined meet with your approval.
Hence your evasive answer.
I would want to have to justify their appalling record either.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Goodness me..6000 plus assessments with emojies and Robdon posts a single word..I suppose its a start.. Nice to see you post Robdon..( apologies 2 words)

You do seem in rather a worse mood lately OG..Hope you are ok...you,d normally admire my self deprecation.. not to worry..
Dont abuse it.
Thank you for asking, this is a difficult time, my Wife had a CT scan on 2nd August, after a four month wait, suffering Cluster headaches and attended an appointment with a Neurologist last Tuesday, a letter was supposed to be sent to our GP, so this morning I went in to organise an appointment for a new Medications Regime to be told that not only has the letter not arrived, even though the place we attended the appointment was only three miles away, it could take up to three weeks to arrive!
And so far they had not even received the CT scan. At least at my insistence they downloaded that from the Hospital Website.
I asked why In these days of electronic communications could they not communicate and was told they are on different systems.
Good God!
Is this a world record, a letter takes a week to travel one mile?
Sorry if I seem a little fazed, I shall try not to be...

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Thank you for asking, this is a difficult time, my Wife had a CT scan on 2nd August, after a four month wait, suffering Cluster headaches and attended an appointment with a Neurologist last Tuesday, a letter was supposed to be sent to our GP, so this morning I went in to organise an appointment for a new Medications Regime to be told that not only has the letter not arrived, even though the place we attended the appointment was only three miles away, it could take up to three weeks to arrive!
And so far they had not even received the CT scan. At least at my insistence they downloaded that from the Hospital Website.
I asked why In these days of electronic communications could they not communicate and was told they are on different systems.
Good God!
Is this a world record, a letter takes a week to travel one mile?
Good luck OG ..Hang on in there...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PeterL and tommie

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
They are doing nothing of the sort, just asking for the Money we have already agreed to pay, don't you pay any attention to what is going on?
dear oh dear, its difficult communicating with some senile old people..
right, i`m gonna repost my post, .. if you`re still having diffculty in understanding i can break it down into single sentences if that helps...?
Pay attention to the highlighted part (in black to help you) ...ok?

`European Parliament President Antonio Tajani has once again demonstrated thinking in Brussels, insisting that the European Union needs to double its budget to €280 billion a year with the introduction of EU taxes so that the bloc has its “own resources”.

He has said: “We need…€280 billion instead of €140 billion a year.”

“This will require new EU own resources,
such as a financial transaction tax on stock exchanges.”

It comes as the European Union continues to push for increasing military capability, sure to cost plenty of money.

With such lofty fiscal ambitions, it is clearer now why the EU are so keen to milk the British cash cow on the way out.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Which must mean that the failings of the Government I outlined meet with your approval.
Hence your evasive answer.
I would want to have to justify their appalling record either.
Difficult times OG. The pot is empty, people always wanting more and on top of that I grant you the current crop haven't made it easy for themselves. However, I'm in this for the long term, I haven't given in as you seem to have done with everything, not just the Tories?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
dear oh dear, its difficult communicating with some senile old people..
right, i`m gonna repost my post, .. if you`re still having diffculty in understanding i can break it down into single sentences if that helps...?
Pay attention to the highlighted part (in black to help you) ...ok?

`European Parliament President Antonio Tajani has once again demonstrated thinking in Brussels, insisting that the European Union needs to double its budget to €280 billion a year with the introduction of EU taxes so that the bloc has its “own resources”.

He has said: “We need…€280 billion instead of €140 billion a year.”

“This will require new EU own resources,
such as a financial transaction tax on stock exchanges.”

It comes as the European Union continues to push for increasing military capability, sure to cost plenty of money.

With such lofty fiscal ambitions, it is clearer now why the EU are so keen to milk the British cash cow on the way out.
Idiots do tend to jump to conclusions as you have just proved.
There is no connection except in your imagination.
Your persecution complex is showing, as the cost of brexit debts is a longstanding dispute.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
In the event of a new government in the UK, which wanted to reverse the situation., They would petition the remaining countries 27?... ,
Ok 'Danidl', clearly you are saying that Kerr is wrong. I listened to every word of his speech and A50 apparently requires no action on the part of the 27. If a country decides to abort a stated intention to secede, it seems that is the end of it.

Tom

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Keep your chin up OG. I have considerable experience in what you are going through at the present time and you have my sympathy. Tomorrow, I begin another gruelling saga of hospital appointments, scans, cancelled appts, repeated tests, scans, interspersed with consultants' appointments.....I'm sure you know the drill!

If you're only a little fazed, then you must have an incredibly strong constitution! Bless you mate.

Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
1. Outstanding budget commitments
The EU Budget operates through a multi-annual spending structure, which means projects are paid for over a period of several years. As a result, EU Budget payments are back-loaded and many will be paid out post-Brexit. For example, a key element of EU spending allocations consists of cohesion fund payments, aimed at raising living standards in the 2004 Accession countries. According to the CER, only 25–30% of the biggest cohesion fund payments will actually have been spent by the time Britain is expected to leave the EU in April 2019.

The current EU Budget period runs from 2014–2020, finishing a year after the UK’s exit date. A key point of legal uncertainty is the status of financial commitments scheduled for 2019 and 2020. The UK has indicated that it only expects to fund its budget commitments up until April 2019. However, the Commission's methodology is clear that the UK should meet the full schedule of obligations up until 2020.

2. EU officials’ pensions
Like the UK civil service pension scheme, the Pension Scheme of European Officials (PESO) is an unfunded scheme and operates on a ‘pay-as-you-go basis’, with costs being covered by the annual EU Budget as they arise. The Commission outlines that the UK should make a payment to cover the costs associated with this scheme, as they appear in the EU's consolidated accounts at the time of the UK's withdrawal. There have been suggestions that the UK could push for this liability to simply cover the costs of UK nationals working for the Commission, lowering the bill due to the under-representation of British officials. The Commission's methodology suggests that the EU would contest such an approach.

3. Contingent liabilities
The EU incurred contingent liabilities while the UK was a member state. These liabilities effectively constitute payments that would be triggered in specific circumstances only, for example, Ukraine defaulting on its EU loan. When the 2015 EU accounts were drawn up, outstanding loans to Hungary, Ireland, Portugal and Ukraine collectively amounted to €49.5 billion. The EU’s latest approach asks the UK to make a lump-sum payment upfront to cover these liabilities, in case they materialise in the future. This increases the upfront divorce bill by €9–12 billion. However, these upfront liability payments would be reimbursed over the coming years, enabling the UK to recover some of this money.

4. Other costs of withdrawal

• Agree

Advertisers