Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It will profit post Brexit not from Brexit. Massive but subtle difference. You won't understand. Don't worry.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Was does "it" mean in this context?
I suspect you have a completely wrong take on the situation
?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
I assume you mean what not was... And it obviously means us, the UK... Specsavers are cheap enough OG.

Was does it mean...??? Brilliant OG... Another hole in those feet.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tommie

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Not quite. Yes they choose their MPs, but their MPs are mostly remainers, so they don't really get to choose the parliamentary outcome. At least half the present Tory and Labour MPs would have to be deselected to get a Leaver House of Commons.

But then they'd still be up against the House of Lords, and they can't be deselected.
the oldies decide which brexiter will get to be PM, therefore the shape of UK government.
JRM is ahead at the moment, seen by the oldies as 'competent'.
That YouGov poll that OG posted about contains a lot more info about tory membership.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
As if the anti-dumping duty wasnt bad enough....now since Liam Fox opened his big gob about no-deal brexit, the pound is falling again against the US dollar....this will push up the price of chinese e-bikes and therefore the anti-dumping duty will be more.
Obviously this will also push up the prices of all dollar sourced product,just at the time when the shops will be ordering christmas stock,another hit on the ever suffering high street.
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I assume you mean what not was... And it obviously means us, the UK... Specsavers are cheap enough OG.

Was does it mean...??? Brilliant OG... Another hole in those feet.
Really as a stand up comic, you are a complete failure, about the only other clown who imagines we will be better off after Brexit is that Dotard Minford, and your attempt at put down jokes can't disguise the fact that you haven't the faintest clue of the damage you have done voting for Brexit.
Worse you really don't care, do you?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I am surprised that any e-bike importers want to carry on...its not an easy product to sell,the anti-dumping duty and low pound,it is bulky to ship and store,the difficulty of shipping lithium batteries and that most UK customers want to buy as cheaply as possible-the threshold point seems to be £1000.00.
I would not be surprised if a lot of importers just give up.
KudosDave

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Really as a stand up comic, you are a complete failure, about the only other clown who imagines we will be better off after Brexit is that Dotard Minford, and your attempt at put down jokes can't disguise the fact that you haven't the faintest clue of the damage you have done voting for Brexit.
Worse you really don't care, do you?
Thing is tho OG Brexit or post Brexit will never be as bad as you want it to be. Can't be.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
As if the anti-dumping duty wasnt bad enough....now since Liam Fox opened his big gob about no-deal brexit, the pound is falling again against the US dollar....this will push up the price of chinese e-bikes and therefore the anti-dumping duty will be more.
Obviously this will also push up the prices of all dollar sourced product,just at the time when the shops will be ordering christmas stock,another hit on the ever suffering high street.
KudosDave
China hits back against latest US tariffs; pound hit by Brexit worries – business live
Sterling has dropped close to a one-year low as fears of a hard Brexit rise

If those who promote brexit cannot manage to quell the fears - both within and without the UK and the EU - continuing towards 29th March without a massive change simply cannot happen. Whether that massive change is in response to the slide in the pound or all he other issues doesn't really matter. Someone, somewhere will try to apply the brakes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
China hits back against latest US tariffs; pound hit by Brexit worries – business live
Sterling has dropped close to a one-year low as fears of a hard Brexit rise

If those who promote brexit cannot manage to quell the fears - both within and without the UK and the EU - continuing towards 29th March without a massive change simply cannot happen. Whether that massive change is in response to the slide in the pound or all he other issues doesn't really matter. Someone, somewhere will try to apply the brakes.
the Pound drops because the Dollar and the Euro go up. People buy reserve currencies when the outlook is unstable (US/China tariff war), the Pound is less attractive than the Dollar and the Euro, hence the drop. Nothing to do with brexit at the moment.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
the Pound drops because the Dollar and the Euro go up. People buy reserve currencies when the outlook is unstable (US/China tariff war), the Pound is less attractive than the Dollar and the Euro, hence the drop. Nothing to do with brexit at the moment.
Then why do "Business Live" make that connection?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
YouGov poll shows voting intention has flipped toward remain in the South West:

At the 2016 referendum around 53 per cent of voters in the southwest cast their ballot for Leave while 47 opted Remain, now 53 becomes 49 and 47 becomes 51.
Maybe that's the result of demography (the South West has a high percentage of 65+ year olds who have died since the referendum) rather than shifting opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
In the UK, we endure something euphemistically referred to by some as a monarchical democracy. Not many people in the UK have any true understanding of what that really means but this might help, thanks to the late Tony Benn:

Many will remember seeing either this photo or any one of a large number of similar ones:

38764159_841085419612636_1815510713565708288_n.jpg

What is important about this picture? Tony Benn explains it:

“The royal prerogative, exercised not by the Queen but by the prime minister in her name, is seen as the final guarantee that democratic decisions by parliament and the people could never be allowed to undermine the hierarchical and semi-feudal system we have.

The fount of honour has been re-routed from Buckingham Palace and now sprays the holy water of patronage on the chosen few from 10 Downing Street, which appoints archbishops, bishops, cabinet ministers, peers and judges, and fills most senior government posts with the people it wants.

Declarations of war and Britain's adherence to treaties such as the new European constitution are exercised under prerogative powers by the prime minister, who may or may not choose to consult the Commons or the electorate in a referendum.

Government policy is revealed in the Queen's speech, which she does not write herself; all laws to be enacted require the royal assent; parliaments are all summoned and dissolved by royal proclamation; and the Commons even requires the consent of the Queen before it can elect a speaker, because we have a monarchy.

MPs have to swear allegiance to the Queen before they can take their seats, while those joining the privy council - a requirement for all cabinet ministers - have to do so in person, on bended knee, before the Queen herself.

As an MP, my true allegiance was to my party, my constituents and, above all, my conscience. Therefore, in order to serve in the Commons and the cabinet, I had to tell 18 lies under oath, which I found deeply offensive.

Above all, the existence of a hereditary monarchy helps to prop up all the privilege and patronage that corrupts our society; that is why the crown is seen as being of such importance to those who run the country - or enjoy the privileges it affords.”

- Tony Benn

All in it together? I think not!

Tom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
That would be the great Euro sceptic Tony Benn? Confusing world Tom.
Rather an irrelevant post, especially considering JC's stance. I think it's called trolling. This thread is about Brexit.
If you want to talk about your class war perhaps you should start a thread rather than high jack this one.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: robdon and tommie

Advertisers