Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fair enough, if that’s your opinion. However, if the U.K. exit the EU without any trade deal in place and default to WTO rules, who is going to establish the hard Irish border? My opinion is that it won’t ever happen under any circumstances, so it pointless the EU arguing about it and making it an issue.
if that situation arises, the customs border will be effectively the Irish Sea.
Companies operating cross border will initially have to submit import documents and go through checkpoints until NI becomes accepted into the EU Single Market..

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
if that situation arises, the customs border will effectively the Irish Sea.
Companies operating cross border will initially have to submit import documents and go through checkpoints until NI becomes accepted into the EU Single Market..
NI don’t want the sea border either and mainland U.K. don’t. So who is going to set that up and administer it?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
NI don’t want the sea border either and mainland U.K. don’t. So who is going to set that up and administer it?
Just why should anyone in the UK accept any limitation within the UK's borders?

Not content with depriving us of the four freedoms vis-à-vis the 27, are we to also have additional limits imposed inside our own borders?

Even if the limit is that there needs to be some sort of documentation and/or clearance process, it just is not acceptable to me.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
even if and when the UK 'falls' off the EU's cliff, there will still be agreements on travel, immigration, freight, bank clearing etc. Businesses have no other choice than to follow existing procedures as the UK and EU are treated as third countries, the same customs offices will clear goods through as if they come from the USA.
It may be lawless for a few weeks but eventually, border posts will be set up.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
even if the UK negotiates successfully a Canada+++ FTA, Northern Ireland will likely stay in the EU's Single Market, the customs border will be moved to the Irish Sea.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
So let me get this right. The Brexit bonus, the end of austerity, how is this going to be funded. Well from today’s papers that the prudent, the sensible and those making a provision for their later years in life are to fund this bonanza. The mechanism to be used will be higher taxation penalties on pension savings. Why do governments despise people who live within their means and plan for their future financial security?

Labour have always been the party who have attacked, vilified, hated and stolen from ordinary working people, now the Tories are at it. I think there is space within the political system for a party that represents ordinary working people and attacks the bone idol, and at the other end of the scale the greedy. Maybe when Brexit fails & the Tories are subsequently frozen out of power for a generation afterwards, something new will emerge. I really hope it isn’t Jeremy Corbyn and his Labour party. If it is, ordinary working people are going to be persecuted by these haters of responsible people.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Did anyone see Gerard Batten on the daily politics show on BBC2 yesterday lunchtime? Gerard Batten of UKIP had been invited onto the show on the pretext of discussing Brexit. There then followed a disgraceful ambush by Jo Coburn about Tommy Robinson. Brexit was never mentioned once!

I think it was one of the most disgraceful, unprofessional & biased pieces of reporting I have seen in a very long time. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. The BBC is totally out of control and is just a gob piece for the liberal left. It has completely lost its way. And before anyone says anything, I would have exactly the same thoughts if they had invited someone else onto the show of any political, social or religious belief, and ambush them in the same way. What has this country come to when the national broadcaster behaves in such a way?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and gray198

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
even if the UK negotiates successfully a Canada+++ FTA, Northern Ireland will likely stay in the EU's Single Market, the customs border will be moved to the Irish Sea.
Which is what the people of Northern Ireland voted for, to Remain. It's only the DUP which is out of step.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's only the DUP which is out of step.
people can vote contradictorily on brexit.
Like Labour activists vote for remain and Labour supporters vote for brexit.

• Agree
Reactions: daveboy

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So let me get this right. The Brexit bonus, the end of austerity, how is this going to be funded. Well from today’s papers that the prudent, the sensible and those making a provision for their later years in life are to fund this bonanza. The mechanism to be used will be higher taxation penalties on pension savings. Why do governments despise people who live within their means and plan for their future financial security?

Labour have always been the party who have attacked, vilified, hated and stolen from ordinary working people, now the Tories are at it. I think there is space within the political system for a party that represents ordinary working people and attacks the bone idol, and at the other end of the scale the greedy. Maybe when Brexit fails & the Tories are subsequently frozen out of power for a generation afterwards, something new will emerge. I really hope it isn’t Jeremy Corbyn and his Labour party. If it is, ordinary working people are going to be persecuted by these haters of responsible people.
If you look back the Conservatives have exactly the same if not worse record of exploiting the Public, and I really don't see why you imagine Corbyn will exploit "responsible people" purely on the basis of what has been said and written so far.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Jackass gets worse every time he comments
Jacob Rees-Mogg‏Verified account @Jacob_Rees_Mogg
Trust in politics will evaporate if Brexit were not delivered.
And posted this comment
"
Priti Patel: We must chuck Chequers, or disillusioned voters will reject mainstream politics"

1. New conversation

2. Shahmir Sanni‏ @shahmiruk Aug 29

Replying to @Jacob_Rees_Mogg
    Is that the same Priti Patel that knew about BeLeave being an internal outreach group and has tried to consistently cover up the fact that Vote Leave broke the law? Cool.

31 replies . 250 retweets 1,263 likes

1. Shahmir Sanni‏ @shahmiruk Aug 29

Must be a legitimate article on Brexit if it’s coming from someone about to get a call from the Metropolitan Police. And someone who has undermined the very institutions meant to protect the British people from election fraud and the perversion of democracy.

12 replies . 92 retweets 681 likes

2. Hazel McDonald‏ @hazelglasgow Aug 29

A call from the Met? Is something happening about the fraudulent brexit vote at last?

11 replies . 12 retweets 121 likes

3. Anthony Mortlock‏ @AnthonyMortlock Aug 29

Its been referred to the police by the Electoral Commision. A crime was commited by Patel and leave campaign cronies..they are now under investigation.

11 replies . 42 retweets 277 likes

4. Hazel McDonald‏ @hazelglasgow Aug 29

All of them? Johnson and Gove?

4 replies . 3 retweets 31 likes

5. Rab Bruce's Spider
    ‏ @RabBrucesSpider
    Aug 29

Don’t get too excited. Remember what happened with the earlier cases of investigations into Tory electoral fraud. #Cynical

2 replies . 10 retweets 83 likes

6. Shahmir Sanni‏ @shahmiruk Aug 29

Yo Rab. If you’re talking about Thanet/Craig Mackinlay that Channel 4 exposed. The court hearing is in October. You know who was part of that scandal, too? The man that outed me and his VL cronies. DONT LOSE HOPE. If Craig goes to jail, big changes ahead!

5 replies . 42 retweets 217 likes

7. Rab Bruce's Spider
    ‏ @RabBrucesSpider
    Aug 29

But he’s the exception. I hope more will follow, but i’m not counting on it.

1 reply . 1 retweet 16 likes

1. 2 more replies

1. New conversation

2. Femi‏ @Femi_Sorry Aug 28

Replying to @Jacob_Rees_Mogg
    Once you start saying Brexit has to do anything more than simply leaving the EU, then it has to fulfil ALL of its 2016 promises! It has to deliver £350Million for the NHS per week
    It has to get us the same access to the European Markets as we have now
    No more #PicknMixBrexit!

103 replies . 516 retweets 2,362 likes

Twitter isn't a safe place these days

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Another subversive Right wing group exposed
This one
TaxPayers' Alliance

Did you know that you pay 12% tax on most general insurance premiums? That’s double what you will have paid before 2015 and it could be raised higher still in the Autumn Budget! #IPTsUnfair

James O'Brien‏Verified account @mrjamesob 5h5 hours ago

James O'Brien Retweeted TaxPayers' Alliance

Did you know that the ‘TaxPayers’ Alliance’ shills for the super rich while refusing to disclose its funding sources & pretending to represent voters? That said, would it shock you to learn that it was founded by the bloke who ran Vote Leave?

Comments include
David Head‏ @DavidHeadViews 4h4 hours ago

Replying to @the_tpa

Where do you get your money from? Mega rich dudes wanting to avoid tax? The Russians wanting you to make the UK dance to Putin's tune? Don't be so timid about this. Tell us or be considered a very shady outfit.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
if the DUP can derail TM's brexit, the ERG can do the same.
with colleagues like them...
Maybe,but the ERG could be on their own,If TM keeps us in the customs union and single market,even under another name then Labour would have to support Theresa May,after all that is in their manifesto.
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Simon Coventry ,Irish PM says that he will veto any trade deal that has a time limit on the backstop deal. The ERG including Leavstrom and Gove have said that they will vote down any deal that does not have a time limit.
How do you square that?
KudosDave
Regrettably, Simon Coventry is not the Irish PM.. he would have been my preference, but is instead the Deputy PM and minister for foreign affairs. Slightly less of a showman.
Of course ,Ireland and consequently the EU cannot accept a time limited backstop. It is a ludicrous suggestion What they could accept is defined terms of what a post backstop arrangement would be. Again it would be for the UK party to propose that arrangement , and sign up to a treaty

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just why should anyone in the UK accept any limitation within the UK's borders?

Not content with depriving us of the four freedoms vis-à-vis the 27, are we to also have additional limits imposed inside our own borders?

Even if the limit is that there needs to be some sort of documentation and/or clearance process, it just is not acceptable to me.
Which part of UK leaving the EU ,do you fail to understand. The EU is depriving the UK of nothing!. It is all the UK's doing. What the EU is attempting at present is to save the UK from the LOGICAL and FORESEEABLE consequences of their unilateral actions.
If they were not foreseen in mainland UK, i will assure you they were all over the island of Ireland.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Which part of UK leaving the EU ,do you fail to understand. The EU is depriving the UK of nothing!. It is all the UK's doing. What the EU is attempting at present is to save the UK from the LOGICAL and FORESEEABLE consequences of their unilateral actions.
If they were not foreseen in mainland UK, i will assure you they were all over the island of Ireland.
Agree - the blame is absolutely not with the EU and I didn’t mean my response to imply that at all.

Reactions: robdon and Danidl

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The front page of the online Daily Mirror has a poll with three choices

Do you support a no deal Brexit...... 60%
Not support.......................................30%
Not sure.............................................10%

Very interesting indeed!

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The front page of the online Daily Mirror has a poll with three choices

Do you support a no deal Brexit...... 60%
Not support.......................................30%
Not sure.............................................10%

Very interesting indeed!
from that poll, I reckon 4 out of 5 DM readers are tory voters.
there was poll at the CPC18, 77% supported no deal brexit.
that is the size of the mountain that TM and moderate tory MPs have to climb.

Advertisers