Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
from that poll, I reckon 4 out of 5 DM readers are tory voters.
there was poll at the CPC18, 77% supported no deal brexit.
that is the size of the mountain that TM and moderate tory MPs have to climb.
You really have to wonder what advantage the people who vote for a no deal Brexit imagine they will achieve by it.

Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You really have to wonder what advantage the people who vote for a no deal Brexit imagine they will achieve by it.
it's an allergic reaction. However, TM did promise no single market, no customs union in their last manifesto.
they are also aware that:
- the second referendum is supported by the majority
- if people vote again right now, it's likely that brexit will be reversed

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I don't know what happened to this woman's face but I don't think medical science is adequate yet to make her pretty.

2200.jpg

That aside, Here's a couple of shots of her main support among the populace. One of them in the second pic looks like he could be directly descended from Mussolini!

Mmmm…..one of my pics has disappeared but here is the 'Mussolini' one.

34782475_2005376142835622_7374567252206551040_n.jpg
Tom

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Where is Chuck Norris when you need him?

Last time the world's fascist hordes were causing real problems for decent folk, this happened:

View attachment 27155

Tom
The same Chuck Norris that Wiki says this about:

Carlos Ray Norris (born March 10, 1940) is an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter. After serving in the United States Air Force, he competed as a martial artist who won many championships, and has since founded his own school of fighting, Chun Kuk Do. Norris is also a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu and Judo.[3]

??? :):):)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You have to laugh at the Juvenile "Patriotism" of the Brexiteers
This is from David Hirst on Twitter

He seems to have forgotten that everyone else involved in those wars did too.
And the one that lost both times is far more successful than we are! And they did it as members of the EU

And of course he overlooks the salient point Brexit isn't supposed to be something we "Have to Survive" is it?
He doesn't need to "Grow a backbone" growing a Brain would be a better idea!

And by the way I have a very profound "Belief in Britain" and every day my belief in the ability we have for self harm and the perfidy of Politicians and the press is reinforced.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express
"
Jacob Rees-Mogg warns May she’s UNDERESTIMATING Brexiteers as MPs vow to chuck Chequers
BREXITEER Jacob Rees-Mogg has urged Theresa May to get tough with the EU, saying: “What is the response to a bully? You stand up to a bully.”

Good advice for once !
What on earth are you but a bully moggy?
Tell him you recommend sex and travel, TM

And then the fool said this
"Jacob Rees-Mogg added that if the EU insisted on “kneecapping” Britain for Brexit in a punishment deal, it would prove it was a “mafia-style organisation” that we were better off leaving.

As a representative of a Mafia style organisation he hardly qualifies to comment and his stupid remarks are not going to help us successfully negotiate a deal, are they?.

A readers comment shows just how disconnected from reality Brexiteers are

Runfellow

They were never our friends! Our Iand has been asset stripped and almost bIed dry. The Europeans are angry because we have stopped them just before the point of no return, just before we lose everything. They do not want a friend on their western border, they want a vassaI state, nothing else will do. We must recognise this reality and treat them accordingly. No money, no concessions and if they dare to attack GibraItar, a war! In this modern age people frown on men who talk thus, but if a nation appears weak, if it isn't prepared to sacrifice all for its principIes, then it is doomed.

The EU asset stripped us? good grief.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I think collectively as a country (collection of countries) you are fringing on stark raving bonkers. Bit of a step up in the world from slightly eccentric...

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think collectively as a country (collection of countries) you are fringing on stark raving bonkers. Bit of a step up in the world from slightly eccentric...
it's a bit like the weather, sometimes the conditions are just right to bring a record breaking storm. I wouldn't read too much into this.
At the end of the day, the British political system and freedom of the press work here, we'll somehow muddle through this mess.
there is a lot of posturing from the ERG and the DUP but I don't think they will stop the deal that TM brings back because they know that will lead to a second referendum and they don't want that.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is it possible?
no.
they are mostly a bunch of wealthy individuals, more interested in personal promotion, tax cuts and contracting out public services (aka smaller governments) than anything else.
By Wednesday, they'll change their tune.

Reactions: robdon and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Brexit bounty...

Millions to lose £52 a week with universal credit, report shows

Pressure on chancellor to announce increase in benefit funds in budget

Of course, also needed to pay an extra £60,000 to judges to improve their morale. (What happens to the morale of a person struggling on benefits who then loses £52 a week?)

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Of course, also needed to pay an extra £60,000 to judges to improve their morale. (What happens to the morale of a person struggling on benefits who then loses £52 a week?)
I think people around the country really need to be asking themselves why it is necessary for the major charities to have boards of directors and CEOs on such high salaries as this list reveals. Given the few hours that most directors put in, I would think these charity positions could be filled by capable people with astute business acumen on a part-time, voluntary basis without any salary, just like the people who serve or work behind the scenes in these charity shops.

43880237_353370715432461_2110630977469415424_n.jpg
Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think people around the country really need to be asking themselves why it is necessary for the major charities to have boards of directors and CEOs on such high salaries as this list reveals. Given the few hours that most directors put in, I would think these charity positions could be filled by capable people with astute business acumen on a part-time, voluntary basis without any salary, just like the people who serve or work behind the scenes in these charity shops.

Tom
they are usually paid for their ability to raise funds, a job that normally goes to connected, privileged people. Quite a few work for free though.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

View attachment 27161
Tom
Surely the Chief of Christian Aid should have something deducted for having a freebie such as a reward in Heaven? :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
they are usually paid for their ability to raise funds, a job that normally goes to connected, privileged people. Quite a few work for free though.
Come now it can't be difficult if pillocks like Trump and Reese Mogg can do it
What do they actually do personally? sell flags?
More likely haunt bars and Golf clubs, and con others of their ilk that they can make tax deductible contributions, while being wined and dined and housed on expenses too.
And a circular letter could do that just as well.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
it's a bit like the weather, sometimes the conditions are just right to bring a record breaking storm. I wouldn't read too much into this.
At the end of the day, the British political system and freedom of the press work here, we'll somehow muddle through this mess.
there is a lot of posturing from the ERG and the DUP but I don't think they will stop the deal that TM brings back because they know that will lead to a second referendum and they don't want that.
Actually we muddled into this mess courtesy of British political system and freedom of the press.
Not much chance of them finding their way out again.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers