Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I find it absolutely ridiculous, nauseating in fact, that the idiot woman in charge of the most hapless Cabinet in modern political history can get away with these political appointments without being challenged by any major news organ:

Minister for homelessness: Heather Wheeler:
4645.jpg

Minister for suicide: Jackie Doyle-Price:
th-1.jpeg

Minister for loneliness: Tracey Crouch:
2448.jpg

Elsewhere on social media, one lady had this to say:
43880270_2181135975507172_8380333904418045952_o.jpg

I can't argue with that.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Come now it can't be difficult if pillocks like Trump and Reese Mogg can do it
What do they actually do personally? sell flags?.
Charity dos.
Lunches and dinners for the rich, rattling tins in supermarkets and the High Street for the poor. The UK is unique in the world where charities employ so many people and their patronage is still the preserve of the old and new money.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Actually we muddled into this mess courtesy of British political system and freedom of the press.
Not much chance of them finding their way out again.
the British system relies on the 'will of the people' which results in incredible flexibility, not found elsewhere in the world.
There is no better solution for brexit at the moment than a limited customs union on agriculture at the moment.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
So all MPs, at least those who have not been remainers throughout, and possibly others such as leave campaign organisers, say they are sorry. Then what? Do they all resign? Do we have hundreds of by-elections? A general election? And who would be in the running? Surely not those who had to apologise?

(Harakiri/seppuku would, of course, avoid that possibility.)

• Useful
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
the British system relies on the 'will of the people' which results in incredible flexibility, not found elsewhere in the world.
There is no better solution for brexit at the moment than a limited customs union on agriculture at the moment.
I disagree with that completely
British politics are in fact a branch of the Fashion industry, where utterly pointless arguments and illogic are convincingly marketed by "Celebrities" that wage campaigns against not merely the best interests of the public, but somehow succeed in disengaging their ability to think rationally in the process

The system is akin to Hypnosis of the victim , and huge resources are called up and utilised to precondition,create a very set attitude that will brook no criticism, and direct them into a desired course of action,using fear, jealousy and greed, plus totally abusing their sense of right, wrong and nationalism in the process, magnifying the issue at hand from a minor dispute into a major confrontation, exaggerated with antagonistic terms to anyone opposing the agenda.

There is in fact NO flexibility in the system as the people are defenceles against it, having been conditioned all their lives into a false reality.

There is no best solution that results in Brexit, it simply has to go,and those who champion it made to repair the damage they have done in breaching the peace.
The people voted for Brexit as some sort of revolution
They meant well, using the reality they had been spoon fed to make a judgement call
In their eyes the EU was the source of all ills.

The difficulty in getting them to accept they made a mistake, is that they are reluctant to shed a mindset that has been imprinted over their entire lives and become entrenched as Gospel truth

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The difficulty in getting them to accept they made a mistake, is that they are reluctant to shed a mindset that has been imprinted over their entire lives and become entrenched as Gospel truth
That whole post, not just the bit in quotes, rates 10 out of 10 in my view. It is a superb explanation and assessment rolled into one.

Go to the top of the class OG!

Tom

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Ricky Gervais doesn't seem to get the argument for leaving the EU and I don't know if he has any vested interest in supporting the 'remain' view, other than the sensible reasons known to the rest of the anti-'Brexit' camp.

I do like his take on matters as he explains here:

Ricky Gervais has said that Britain’s decision to leave the European Union is like ‘going back to Victorian times’.

The comedian and actor, who stars in the brand new David Brent film, has said that the public’s decision to vote for Brexit is down to ‘ignorance'.

In a new interview with NME, Gervais said: “What's depressing, are the reasons behind it. There's obviously a fraction [of Leave voters] who are xenophobic and racist, but that's the way of the world. People blame foreigners. It's terrible.”

The 55-year-old added: “The truth is, we would've been better in. They're not going to get the Britain they want. They're dreaming. What do they think it's going to be? They're going to go back to the f****** Victorian times? They've been sold a lie, their life hasn't turned out like they thought, and they're blaming someone. And now they're gloating about it.”

The Office star continued: “I don't know what this England is that they think they've got back. I really don't understand it. I don't want to call them all racists, because they're probably not… but some of them are. Ignorance is the real enemy.”

Gervais has previously had this to say:

'Joking aside, Brexit won't make any difference.
The rich will still be rich, the poor will still be poor, and we'll still blame foreigners.'

I have always liked his remark about 'Brexit' voters stupid people:

'When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.'

Another wag remarked on foreigners like this:

ClvmOqXWEAAXDF7.jpg

For those without their classic album, one of the very best rock albums ever, it is entitled, 'Agent Provocateur' and is probably still available in various formats………just my little bit of helpful consumer information for today.;)

Tom

Reactions: robdon and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
How odd that the government has suddenly announced the fortification of flour with folic acid?

Folic acid to be added to flour in effort to reduce serious birth defects

Ministers reject food industry objections in major U-turn over compulsory fortification

This has been discussed for years but a significant problem is that higher folate/folic acid intake can mask some of the prime symptoms of B12 deficiency. And the blood tests for B12 are notoriously bad.

I can't believe that this has been done for our benefit, so looking for the brexit angle, is this to make it possible to export our products to countries with mandatory fortification regimes - like the USA (and about 80 others)?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How odd that the government has suddenly announced the fortification of flour with folic acid?

Folic acid to be added to flour in effort to reduce serious birth defects

Ministers reject food industry objections in major U-turn over compulsory fortification

This has been discussed for years but a significant problem is that higher folate/folic acid intake can mask some of the prime symptoms of B12 deficiency. And the blood tests for B12 are notoriously bad.

I can't believe that this has been done for our benefit, so looking for the bexit angle, is this to make it possible to export our product sto countries with mandatory fortification regimes - like the USA (and about 80 others)?
look on the bright side, pretty soon the government will be able to claim no man has miscarried a child or given birth to one with defects since this was introduced, which is in fact more believable than any of the claims made by the Brexiteers!:confused:

Seriously though I think you have it as they say "sussed"
Next thing you know some clown will suggest spiking tea with Bromide (old Army joke)

• :D

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
look on the bright side, pretty soon the government will be able to claim no man has miscarried a child or given birth to one with defects since this was introduced, which is in fact more believable than any of the claims made by the Brexiteers!:confused:

Seriously though I think you have it as they say "sussed"
Next thing you know some clown will suggest spiking tea with Bromide (old Army joke)
:):)

However, it is not yet clear whether non-wheat products are covered - for example, gluten-free flour and bread. There are still plenty of possible issues...

• Informative
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fantasy time in the Express
"
Project Fear REJECTED: Brexit no deal to see economy grow by 30 PERCENT in 12 years-report
THE impact of a no-deal Brexit on the British economy would be minimal, despite the gloomy predictions of Remainers, an impact report published by the Open Europe think tank has suggested.

This is the credentials of "open Europe"
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Open_Europe

As Rabid right wing as they come!

• Informative

Advertisers