Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In spite of all the personal attacks the people on here are posting on me, I still respect they are entitled to their opinion, just as I am. Born in the UK, I have lived a long time in many different countries although the UK is now my permanent home. From my perspective, brexit is just a blip on the political landscape, it will happen whether you people like it or not.

The UK has survived a lot worse than brexit, and we will prosper as never before, all your doomsaying and gnashing of teeth will have zero effect on what happens in the next few years.
Brexit wasn't something that was supposed to be survivable, it was supposed to be a wonderful opportunity

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express
The "Victory for beleaguered Brexit Britain" is under way
"
BREXIT BREAKTHROUGH: France CAVES IN over Irish border as May secures huge UK victory
THERESA May's push for a Brexit breakthrough was dramatically boosted last night when French officials hinted at a possible compromise on the eve of an EU summit.

President Macron is seen as a key figure in the negotiations whose outspoken criticism of Britain's Brexit vote led to the Prime Minister's proposals being rebuffed at an earlier summit in Salzburg last month.

But his officials yesterday indicated that fresh proposals for a "temporary backstop" contingency plan as an insurance policy designed to keep no hard border between Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic could be put on the table.

Their compromise included a guarantee the so-called backstop would be "temporary" but "without too precise an end date", the Elysee Palace source said.

No mention anywhere of a "Huge Victory" was there?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Brexit wasn't something that was supposed to be survivable, it was supposed to be a wonderful opportunity

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
The impression given was that good things would start within minutes of the referendum (if it was for brexit), more wonderful things would happen when A50 was delivered, and we would be in the promised land by actual exit.

So far as I can see none of these has come about, nor is likely to, now or ever.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Before the UK is dragged out of the EU with no deal or with any deal that makes the UK worse off, this matter should be dealt with:

Police still not investigating Leave campaigns, citing ‘political sensitivities’

The fuller version is here and is a 'must-read':

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexitinc/james-cusick-adam-ramsay/met-police-stall-brexit-campaign-investigations-claiming-polit?utm_source=openDemocracyUK+weekly:+Who+owns+our+democracy?&utm_campaign=a19510501c-WHO_OWNS_ELECTION_MAILCHIMP_NEWSLETTER_COPY_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cb5cf7dd0a-a19510501c-408051433

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Before the UK is dragged out of the EU with no deal or with any deal that makes the UK worse off, this matter should be dealt with:

Police still not investigating Leave campaigns, citing ‘political sensitivities’

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexitinc/james-cusick-adam-ramsay/met-police-stall-brexit-campaign-investigations-claiming-polit?utm_source=openDemocracyUK+weekly:+Who+owns+our+democracy?&utm_campaign=a19510501c-WHO_OWNS_ELECTION_MAILCHIMP_NEWSLETTER_COPY_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cb5cf7dd0a-a19510501c-408051433

Tom

Perhaps the information should be passed to a police force not in the pocket of the Political party in power to apply the full rigour of the law if the Met are unable to fulfil their duty.
Those in charge should be censured for dereliction of Duty

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The despicable owners and editorial team that run the blatant tory propaganda organ, the Daily Express, have produced this lurid front page today. I guess they would prefer if the British public is not permitted to reconsider its position in the light of the knowledge and information available now that was absent in 2016:

44270185_886431341545489_3845499355020656640_o.jpg

After two years of failed negotiations, Britain is heading for a dog’s dinner of Brexit. It’s a million miles from the one people who campaigned for Brexit were promised.

This Saturday, tens of thousands of people will be marching on Parliament to show that they are not going to let Brexit be stitched up by the political elites and Brextremist MPs.

The only way to fix the Brexit mess is a People’s Vote. Join the People's Vote March for the Future this Saturday: www.peoples-vote.uk/march

The Daily Express would prefer if this wasn't allowed to happen as it is contrary to the views held by its owners and sponsors.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I really don't know where to start with replying to this claptrap, so I won't bother, it's too late and I'm off to bed.
Here is the perfect reponse to the nonsense of your reply, a reader comment in the Independent sums up the absurdity of your viewpoint
"
Real European 10 hours ago
That’s right. Freedom from a powerful union of which your PM was one of the leaders, of which your national ministers and MEPs made the laws, of which your parliament defined the competences. That’s what you will finally be free from! To become trapped by trade deals with states such as the US, that will force you to "level" with the rule book made in the US while you won’t have any say in making those rules, that will force you to put your NHS up for privatisation, decimate your workers protection rights, environmental protection, your social services etc etc. But at least you’ll be free from a union in which you helped make the rules and of which your Prime Minister was one of the leaders.

And what do you offer ? we can survive...Not good enough by a million miles, is it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The despicable owners and editorial team that run the blatant tory propaganda organ, the Daily Express, have produced this lurid front page today. I guess they would prefer if the British public is not permitted to reconsider its position in the light of the knowledge and information available now that was absent in 2016:

View attachment 27272

After two years of failed negotiations, Britain is heading for a dog’s dinner of Brexit. It’s a million miles from the one people who campaigned for Brexit were promised.

This Saturday, tens of thousands of people will be marching on Parliament to show that they are not going to let Brexit be stitched up by the political elites and Brextremist MPs.

The only way to fix the Brexit mess is a People’s Vote. Join the People's Vote March for the Future this Saturday: www.peoples-vote.uk/march

The Daily Express would prefer if this wasn't allowed to happen as it is contrary to the views held by its owners and sponsors.

Tom
Fascinating? what are we supposed to respect exactly? that 17.4 million people voted in total ignorance of the result of their actions after being conned, by a bunch of conniving traitors desperate to protect their offshore Tax Havens and supported by the Press and propaganda organizations in the pay of Putin?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

Tom

The police don’t have any money left for investigations, except for those involving geriatric disc jockeys touching up “birds” 45 years ago.

The police have spent all of their money buying 6 aeroplanes that cannot and will never be licensed for UK police aviation operations by the CAA. The planes are sitting in a hangar at Doncaster airport, and in a hangar in Austria. They are also paying an eye-watering ground rent for the Doncaster hangar, office block and training facility which cost them millions to construct. As if that wasn’t enough, they pay the owner of Doncaster airport for a minimum number of aircraft movements per annum, which of course don’t happen. Oh. and don’t forget the wages of the pilots and crews, who are sitting on their backsides at Doncaster with no operational aircraft to fly, and have been doing so for the past 2.5 years. This is a prime example UK public services waste and the root cause can be traced back to the same source in every case:- gross incompetence, bell-ends appointed by target driven quotas into posts way beyond their capabilities. This is exactly what we are witnessing with the retards running Brexit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Useful
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The police don’t have any money left for investigations, except for those involving geriatric disc jockeys touching up “birds” 45 years ago.

The police have spent all of their money buying 6 aeroplanes that cannot and will never be licensed for UK police aviation operations by the CAA. The planes are sitting in a hangar at Doncaster airport, and in a hangar in Austria. They are also paying an eye-watering ground rent for the Doncaster hangar, office block and training facility which cost them millions to construct. As if that wasn’t enough, they pay the owner of Doncaster airport for a minimum number of aircraft movements per annum, which of course don’t happen. Oh. and don’t forget the wages of the pilots and crews, who are sitting on their backsides at Doncaster with no operational aircraft to fly, and have been doing so for the past 2.5 years. This is a prime example UK public services waste and the root cause can be traced back to the same source in every case:- gross incompetence, bell-ends appointed by target driven quotas into posts way beyond their capabilities. This is exactly what we are witnessing with the retards running Brexit.
Now that is an eye opener tillson, not widely reported, is this link referring to the same outfit, perhaps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Police_Air_Service?

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is the view of the Grown ups on Brexit right now

"European Parliament Brexit Steering Group chaired by Guy Verhofstadt issued the following statement this Monday 15 October: “We have followed very closely the developments of the last 24 hours. It is our very strong view that the Withdrawal Agreement must include a workable, legally operational and all-weather backstop for the Ireland/Northern Ireland border fully in line with the Joint Report of last December and the Prime Minister May’s letter to President Tusk of 19 March 2018. Without such a backstop, the European Parliament would not be in a position to give its consent to the Withdrawal Agreement. We reiterate our full support for the Chief Negotiator and his negotiating strategy.” -- unquote -- http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20181015IPR16074/brexit-ep-steering-group-insists-on-need-for-ireland-northern-ireland-backstop"

And what are the children going to do in reponse I wonder?

Reactions: robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Now that is an eye opener tillson, not widely reported, is this link referring to the same outfit, perhaps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Police_Air_Service?
Yes The National Police Air Service , NPAS. Their head has recently been suspended pending a bullying investigation. As the head of NPAS, he shoulders much of the responsibility for the clusterfuck I’ve outlined above. Allegedly, he has been trying to hide the whole mess and silencing internal criticism by threatening his staff.

NPAS is the reason many regional forces, such as Humberside near you, have lost their police helicopter. They pinned the future to fixed wing ops, which of course has failed on spectacular fashion.

Advertisers