Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And what are the children going to do in reponse I wonder?
nothing.
there is nothing they can do until TM and JC agree to work together on brexit.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
From the Express
The "Victory for beleaguered Brexit Britain" is under way
"
BREXIT BREAKTHROUGH: France CAVES IN over Irish border as May secures huge UK victory
THERESA May's push for a Brexit breakthrough was dramatically boosted last night when French officials hinted at a possible compromise on the eve of an EU summit.

President Macron is seen as a key figure in the negotiations whose outspoken criticism of Britain's Brexit vote led to the Prime Minister's proposals being rebuffed at an earlier summit in Salzburg last month.

But his officials yesterday indicated that fresh proposals for a "temporary backstop" contingency plan as an insurance policy designed to keep no hard border between Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic could be put on the table.

Their compromise included a guarantee the so-called backstop would be "temporary" but "without too precise an end date", the Elysee Palace source said.

No mention anywhere of a "Huge Victory" was there?
Ireland will not agree to any time limited backstop. It is almost certain to get enough support at the European Council for that position. What it will agree .to will be verified procedures which if implemented make the backstop unnecessary. The British Government ,and by extension,the press have been attempting to drive a wedge between member states. The EU members long agreed that they would not be party to such tricks and that strategy has held.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Ireland will not agree to any time limited backstop. It is almost certain to get enough support at the European Council for that position. What it will agree .to will be verified procedures which if implemented make the backstop unnecessary. The British Government ,and by extension,the press have been attempting to drive a wedge between member states. The EU members long agreed that they would not be party to such tricks and that strategy has held.
this point is precisely what makes the argument for brexiters.
Ireland has been supported by the Council but this is up to a point.
When the choice is between no deal or a time limited deal for the backstop, the Council will put pressure on the ROI to accept a time limited deal where the date will be set in the future.
the guarantee is worthless if a) there is no deal or b) if the EU takes longer than the transition period to conclude an FTA.
At the heart of the Irish border is the frictionless trade. It is beneficial to all concerned but EU politicians see it as cherry picking. Whose fault is it?

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
this point is precisely what makes the argument for brexiters.
Ireland has been supported by the Council but this is up to a point.
When the choice is between no deal or a time limited deal for the backstop, the Council will put pressure on the ROI to accept a time limited deal where the date will be set in the future.
the guarantee is worthless if a) there is no deal or b) if the EU takes longer than the transition period to conclude an FTA.
At the heart of the Irish border is the frictionless trade. It is beneficial to all concerned but EU politicians see it as cherry picking. Whose fault is it?
Ours for leaving the EU and creating the problem, easy to solve, don't leave

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Ours for leaving the EU and creating the problem, easy to solve, don't leave

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
we are not leaving yet - departure date is now rumoured to be postponed until 2022.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
They pinned the future to fixed wing ops, which of course has failed on spectacular fashion.
I suppose the crims will only be lit up by Nightsun for a few seconds as these fixed wing aircraft pass by, likewise the FLIR camera.

If only there was an aircraft that could fly very slowly, hover, or maybe even fly backwards.

wheeler

vidtek

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2015
Bournemouth BH12
Nobody, least of all members of this forum, can claim to know what will happen when we finally mange to ditch the EU.
I commend all of you who claim to know the future to check out this illuminating clip from John Cleese, look at 4 mins 15seconds into the BBC Newsnight interview:

Most of you rabid remainers claiming to know what will happen-you are the deluded ones.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: daveboy and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I commend all of you who claim to know the future to check out this illuminating clip from John Cleese, look at 4 mins 15seconds into the interview:
'Nobody knows'
He has just made the argument for a second referendum when the withdrawal deal is agreed.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Most of you rabid remainers claiming to know what will happen-you are the deluded ones.
I should desist from posting if I were you. You are in a hole you dug for yourself and you know the advice that applies to people in that situation!

The people who wish to remain in the EU know what we have, know what to expect for the foreseeable future and have no illusions as to which side of our bread is buttered.

You have made a fool of yourself with your previous posts but you just can't leave it alone, can you? So, that being the case, please furnish the readers here with the reasons why 'Brexit' will be good for the people of the UK. I, for one, am happy to listen to any persuasive argument but I haven't heard one over the last two and a bit years.

Please tell us how we will be better off, when that will happen, which parts of the UK are likely to see or feel these tangible benefits or, if you can't do any of that, perhaps you could explain exactly why you are here, condemning decent people who want the best for their country now and in the future by being part of a harmonious group of nations able to stand up for itself in a global marketplace?

Keep in mind that the thread is entitled, 'Brexit, for once some facts'.

Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Fact - rich people will be better off after brexit than poor people.
Fact - poor people will be worse off:

- no more EU worker protection
- no more EU consumer protection
- no more EU environmental protection

Fact - rich people will be better off no matter what but they will all eventually end up in the cemetery like the poor people.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nobody, least of all members of this forum, can claim to know what will happen when we finally mange to ditch the EU.
I commend all of you who claim to know the future to check out this illuminating clip from John Cleese, look at 4 mins 15seconds into the BBC Newsnight interview:

MY goodness! that incoherent rambling from a retired comedian is to you enlightening?
Come off it. Things are going along in a completely predictable manner and have not deviated one bit from the obvious and unavoidable shambles we now face.
Sorry but because you are unable to avoid colliding with a brick wall because you refuse to see it when it immediately in front of you, there are plenty of people who are not so limited in imagination.

I commend you to desist from making nuisance posts for fun and try to put together reasoned and pragmatic arguments to support voting leave.

We can start with you explaining this.
After all if in your own words "Nobody can claim to know
what will happen when we finally mange to ditch the EU.."

What kind of foolishness made you vote to do so?
What kind of a person is so deluded as to do so pointless a thing?

And even worse boast about that decision even after the pifalls become obvious for everyone to see and the referendum was clearly rigged.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I suppose the crims will only be lit up by Nightsun for a few seconds as these fixed wing aircraft pass by, likewise the FLIR camera.

If only there was an aircraft that could fly very slowly, hover, or maybe even fly backwards.

wheeler
F35?
An absolute steal
Unit cost
F-35A: $89.2M (low rate initial production lot 11 (LRIP 11) including F135 engine, cost in 2020 to be $80M)[8]
F-35B: US$115.5M (LRIP 11 including engine)[8]
F-35C: US$107.7M (LRIP 11 including engine)[8]

Or a lorry with a Barrage balloon, cable and winch, with a gondola for an observer with a mobile phone and a flashlight at a pinch :rolleyes:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
LEAVERS TALK DRIVEL:

Yet another made-up, lying statement from the Ayatollah of Brexit, the Member for the 19th Century, this time on the deep problems Brexit would cause for music and the arts:

“The response to the musicians’ letter last week is typical”, Jacob Rees-Mogg MP scoffed, “Handel did not need the free movement of people to come to England to write the Messiah.”

Rees-Mogg should ask Eton for his money back since there are sinkholes in his education.

In order for Handel to settle and work in Britain, a bespoke Act of Parliament had to be passed in 1727, precisely because free movement was not available to him and other Germans who came to work in London at that time”

- Howard Goodall, composer.

Why is it that whenever the Leave politicians open their mouth, only lies and nonsense comes out?

44145100_1104939936342293_8091007242158997504_n.jpg

Thanks to 'BrexitExposed'.

Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it seems to me that the more the politicians talk up no deal, the more public opinion turns against brexit.
That makes you wonder why they continue at it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Supports what I've been saying for a long time now, that a second chance to vote would result in a very large and clear Remain win, settling the issue permanently.

That is obviously the best option now, continuing as we are with a dangerously divided country with everyone on both sides convinced they are being cheated can only lead to real future trouble.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Supports what I've been saying for a long time now, that a second chance to vote would result in a very large and clear Remain win, settling the issue permanently.

That is obviously the best option now, continuing as we are with a dangerously divided country with everyone on both sides convinced they are being cheated can only lead to real future trouble.
even if a second referendum votes to remain, 77% membership of the conservative party are still brexiters, you will still need a Labour government to cancel brexit.

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
even if a second referendum votes to remain, 77% membership of the conservative party are still brexiters, you will still need a Labour government to cancel brexit.
I don't think that follows, the great majority of Tory MPs are remainers at heart and a new decisive vote to remain would be all they needed to reverse article 50. Their party membership couldn't complain, they were the ones insisting the will of the people should be paramount.

Advertisers