Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It’s not real snowflecc. It’s a rather poor joke. Although the picture is amusing.

I actually think it’s cruel what the media is doing to you guys. It amounts to mental torture I think and it’s not fair.

There isn’t going to be a a second referendum but just to sell a few extra papers they play with your hopes and dreams.

I would remember who these papers and media outlets are and boycott them if I were you.

Keep your dignity.
You get sillier every day,that sort of spoof would struggle convince leave voters

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
More lies.

We held a referendum. Your side lost. Lying about it says more about you than anything else.

You are a serial liar.
That type of posting is beyond tiresome.. He did not lie, he said "conned " . No-one is disputing that a referendum was held, no one disputing that the leave majority was 1,200,000 more than the remain minority out of the 34,000,000 or so votes, .. which as I am tired of pointing out,meant that 600,000 people more put their mark in box A rather than box B. .That was the extent of the WIN.
He and others ,including your electral commission have determined that there was cheating , including illicit contributions via the DUP ,which may very well have influenced the vote ,way beyond the number of 600,000. ... That the DUP paid for an advertisement in a London newspaper, 400 miles away from their user base, has never been explained. This was done by utilising a loophole in NI funding rules, not available to mainland parties. There has been no equivalent cheating identified on the remain side.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are very easily influenced flex. It’s obvious by what you post. We all are tbh.

And you’re right no one can predict the future anything could happen. Including aliens. But a second referendum would shatter this country. The Scots nats would scream for a second referendum and they would get it and they may well win. That would make Brexit seem fun.

It can’t happen so it won’t happen. With the caveat of Aliens etc.
Why would a second referendum shatter this country? as we have seen recently few leave voters are really all that bothered and would simply say "Well we knew this wouldn't be allowed to happen"

And as things would continue as usual, there would be just a few minor protests, whereas, if things go ahead and Brexit causes even slight loss and inconvenience there will be real trouble.

There aren't enough died in the wool nutters like yourself to make any difference, and if you were a politician, would you want to have dirty hands when Brexit goes Belly up?
Why do you think Gove changed sides? he doesn't want any of the crap sticking to him does he?
A referendum is the "Get out of Jail card" they long for, as if Brexit goes ahead, then they can justifiably say when it screws up "It isn't my fault! it's the will of the people, I'm just carying out orders from them!"

Last edited:
  • Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Why would a second referendum shatter this country? as we have seen recently few leave voters are really not bothered and would simply say "Well we knew this wouldn't be allowed to happen"
And as thigs would continue as usual, there would be just a few minor protests, whereas, if things go ahead and Brexit causes even slight loss and inconvenience there will be real trouble.

Did you read my post?

Perhaps you will be happy to see the union break up?

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Once again, a 'leave' fanboy has rejoined the thread, not with any view of attempting to justify 'Brexit' or convince anyone of any merits of secession from the EU. He has jumped on board again for no reason other than to annoy the regular correspondents and readers and to be as disruptive as he possibly can.

As I have said many times before, such behaviour is pure and simple internet trolling.

Tom

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Theresa May’s key message now is not ‘back my deal’ but ‘don’t back a Peoples’ Vote’.

Things are changing.

Tom
that means she is about to perform a U-turn.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
This image from 'The Guardian' speaks volumes about why the elite, through their political wing, the tory party, want to railroad any deal, any kind of deal at all through parliament:

48367630_1146199932216293_1453157370912833536_n.jpg

'Brexit' Exposed' has this to say today:

ROTTEN PM, ROTTEN DEAL

We live in a representative democracy. Let Parliament have indicative free votes on every Brexit scenario, including the bad Theresa May deal.
If there is a majority for one, pursue it. If not, revoke Article 50 now.
“A People’s Vote is the most democratic way out of the Brexit quagmire. Brexiters are afraid that the people will give the thumbs down to their project, now that they can see how rotten it is.
Theresa May will today tell MPs that a People’s Vote would “break faith” with the public, do "irreparable damage to the integrity of our politics" and “further divide our country at the very moment we should be working to unite it."
When the prime minister talks about breaking faith with the people and damaging the integrity of politics, doesn’t she realise that the breach of faith and lack of integrity started in 2016? And isn’t she aware that, despite her promise to be “straight” with the public, she has failed to fess up to the dismal choices the country now faces?
Even now, May is refusing to bring her miserable deal to Parliament - leading to fears that she wants to “run down the clock”, leaving MPs with no alternative to her deal apart from crashing out (see below). If that really is her plan, faith in politics will indeed be terribly damaged.
What we now need is what we should have had all along: an honest debate. Parliament must be given the opportunity to vote on the prime minister’s deal immediately. But the reality is that there is only one way forward. MPs should throw their support behind a People's Vote.
A new public vote would be different from the referendum in 2016 because we now know more about what Brexit means. There is no deal that can meet all the promises made for it - nor one that is as good as the deal we already have in the EU.
Any effort to force Brexit over the line without checking that it has the continued consent of the British people will only reinforce divisions and make sure this controversy lumbers on for many years to come.
In a People’s Vote, the public will have the chance to give their considered view on the reality of Brexit. Voting on fantasies is demagogy. Voting on realities is true democracy. If the campaign is also conducted with honesty and respect on all sides, it could play a big part in bringing our country together.
It is vital that leaders who care about the national interest begin preparations for a People’s Vote that can sort out the Brexit mess. It can give our politics the clarity it needs to move forward, and our country the opportunity to move on from the bitter divisions of the past three years.”
- PeoplesVote, today.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You can insult all you like.

Doesn’t make what I said less true.
You may not have noticed that I am not insulting you, merely stating what you are in response to your continuous insulting reference to someone as a liar
On the one hand you have no evidence that that person is a liar
On the other hand every post you make identifies you as an Idiot.

The remedy is simple: stop being an Idiot by calling him liar

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
This image from 'The Guardian' speaks volumes about why the elite, through their political wing, the tory party, want to railroad any deal, any kind of deal at all through parliament:

View attachment 28164

'Brexit' Exposed' has this to say today:

ROTTEN PM, ROTTEN DEAL

We live in a representative democracy. Let Parliament have indicative free votes on every Brexit scenario, including the bad Theresa May deal.
If there is a majority for one, pursue it. If not, revoke Article 50 now.
“A People’s Vote is the most democratic way out of the Brexit quagmire. Brexiters are afraid that the people will give the thumbs down to their project, now that they can see how rotten it is.
Theresa May will today tell MPs that a People’s Vote would “break faith” with the public, do "irreparable damage to the integrity of our politics" and “further divide our country at the very moment we should be working to unite it."
When the prime minister talks about breaking faith with the people and damaging the integrity of politics, doesn’t she realise that the breach of faith and lack of integrity started in 2016? And isn’t she aware that, despite her promise to be “straight” with the public, she has failed to fess up to the dismal choices the country now faces?
Even now, May is refusing to bring her miserable deal to Parliament - leading to fears that she wants to “run down the clock”, leaving MPs with no alternative to her deal apart from crashing out (see below). If that really is her plan, faith in politics will indeed be terribly damaged.
What we now need is what we should have had all along: an honest debate. Parliament must be given the opportunity to vote on the prime minister’s deal immediately. But the reality is that there is only one way forward. MPs should throw their support behind a People's Vote.
A new public vote would be different from the referendum in 2016 because we now know more about what Brexit means. There is no deal that can meet all the promises made for it - nor one that is as good as the deal we already have in the EU.
Any effort to force Brexit over the line without checking that it has the continued consent of the British people will only reinforce divisions and make sure this controversy lumbers on for many years to come.
In a People’s Vote, the public will have the chance to give their considered view on the reality of Brexit. Voting on fantasies is demagogy. Voting on realities is true democracy. If the campaign is also conducted with honesty and respect on all sides, it could play a big part in bringing our country together.
It is vital that leaders who care about the national interest begin preparations for a People’s Vote that can sort out the Brexit mess. It can give our politics the clarity it needs to move forward, and our country the opportunity to move on from the bitter divisions of the past three years.”
- PeoplesVote, today.

Tom

What a wonderfully balanced piece of journalism.

So good we can read such impartiality with no agenda which is then copied and pasted so we can all enjoy it on here.

Great community work there Tommy Liar.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
You may not have noticed that I am not insulting you, merely stating what you are in response to your continuous insulting reference to someone as a liar
On the one hand you have no evidence that that person is a liar
On the other hand every post you make identifies you as an Idiot.

The remedy is simple: stop being an Idiot by calling him liar

I’ll stop calling out his lies when he stops posting lies.

I think that’s a fair deal.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The despicable fascist and MEP, Daniel Hannan, seems convinced that 'Brexit' will not happen, well….perhaps not the utterly fantastic 'Brexit' that he lied about at any rate.

I'd like to think that, for once, I find myself in agreement with that nasty man but I suspect he's lying again.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/daniel-hannan-tells-the-telegraph-that-brexit-is-over-1-5821286

Tom

@oldgroaner

This is what I mean by lies. Constant lies. Daniel Hannah is not a fascist. By posting these lies it makes real fascists seem normal because throwing around such insults waters down what the word means.

This is what I’m talking about when I say he is a serial liar. He cannot help himself.

But please do carry on with the insults.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Did you read my post?

Perhaps you will be happy to see the union break up?
Since I am a member of Clan Bell I'll give you this answer in jest, or maybe not in jest,for who knows?

My Heart says YES
My Head says NO
Unless we actually leave the EU at which point I really don't see the point of shackling Scotland to a Corpse. We should then seek to remain in the EU and have a hard border with the UK
Many Scots would happily move North, it's not as if we lack the room.

Chew on that one , for if it's good for England to be isolationist it surely doesn't mean the English have the right to impose their will over the Scots

Like you we can pull the old Trope "We have our Sovereignty to consider"
The likes of you that voted for your Brexit seem to have assumed ownership of the Scots, haven't you?

And in Scotland, sunshine,you lost, get over it!

Hope this helps

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Since I am a member of Clan Bell I'll give you this answer in jest, or maybe not in jest,for who knows?

My Heart says YES
My Head says NO
Unless we actually leave the EU at which point I really don't see the point of shackling Scotland to a Corpse. We should then seek to remain in the EU and have a hard border with the UK
Many Scots would happily move North, it's not as if we lack the room.

Chew on that one , for if it's good for England to be isolationist it surely doesn't mean the English have the right to impose their will over the Scots

Like you we can pull the old Trope "We have our Sovereignty to consider"
The likes of you that voted for your Brexit seem to have assumed ownership of the Scots, haven't you?

And in Scotland, sunshine,you lost, get over it!

Hope this helps

I’ll be honest.

I’m struggling to make sense of that.

Are you drunk?

• Offensive Language
Reactions: oldtom

Advertisers