Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
@oldgroaner

This is what I mean by lies. Constant lies. Daniel Hannah is not a fascist. By posting these lies it makes real fascists seem normal because throwing around such insults waters down what the word means.

This is what I’m talking about when I say he is a serial liar. He cannot help himself.

But please do carry on with the insults.
Then you don't recognise what fascism is, typical of your generation, it is a political identity which you regard as an insult, it is no more insulting in this case than calling you an idiot, merely an accurate description of an individual

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’ll be honest.

I’m struggling to make sense of that.

Are you drunk?
Best leave thinking to the qualified Fingers, and perhaps study the History of our two nations too, then get an adult to explain
Incidentally I haven't drunk Alcohol since the turn of the century.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Then you don't recognise what fascism is, typical of your generation, it is a political identity which you regard as an insult, it is no more insulting in this case than calling you an idiot, merely an accurate description of an individual
OK. So let me get this straight: Hannan is a Fascist and Ed is an idiot. IN YOUR NOT VERY HUMBLE OPINION!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Found a link have you and now ask yourself, how does Fascism start?
All the signs are here to see and the older generation see and recognise them.
The parallels with the 1930's are clearly beyond your cognitive horizon.
Go and ask a grown up to explain.
All you are interested in is looking for evidence to support your own already held views. You don't see this. You sit on your throne expecting the rest of us to get sucked into the confirmation bias game you're utterly locked into yourself. Neither myself nor Ed nor a couple others are fooled. Why I bother writing this is a mystery to me.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldtom and Fingers

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You are very easily influenced flex. It’s obvious by what you post.
And still you insist on being wrong, you really don't have the faintest clue about me

Very early in this thread I posted the only influence that made me vote to remain, and that was the factual state of this country in the decades immediately before joining in the European project.

That is still the case and no other influences relating to this subject have any greater importance for me. That's because I prefer personally known fact to anyone's fiction. Hence not readi ng newspapers of course.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
All you are interested in is looking for evidence to support your own already held views. You don't see this. You sit on your throne expecting the rest of us to get sucked into the confirmation bias game you're utterly locked into yourself. Neither myself nor Ed nor a couple others are fooled. Why I bother writing this is a mystery to me.
Apart from agreeing about being mystified as to the reason you wrote this, I assure you I have spent many hours trying to come up with evidence to support the notion that Brexit will be beneficial and been unable to do so.
Curiously despite plausible arguments being requested from you many times, you have failed in that quest too.

This thread has been a non stop search for the truth and sadly for you what has emerged after much research is that there are NO FACTS that support Brexit as being other than a political squabble inside the Conservative Party that has boiled over and embroiled the public to their considerable disadvantage.

I am not trying to fool either you or "Ed" or any others that still support leave.
That is quite obviously impossible as you have seen Brexit as a religious belief that defies understanding and you can't or wont justify or question it .

Which is why you use phrases like this "You sit on your throne expecting the rest of us to get sucked into the confirmation bias game you're utterly locked into yourself. " without any sense of shame or irony.

One more time, where is your supportive argument that Brexit will turn out well?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and POLLY

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/trade-brexit-gravity/

A really good article. To summarise (read it to the end)...
Trading with distant emerging markets will not replace lost markers within EU but with massive changes in transport /delivery etc the efficiency losses will not be as detrimental assumed in past. (difficulties in trade have historically followed very similar relationship to that within gravity and massive bodies, but read article for better explanation)
Basically the losses in markets associated with Brexit by remainers will NOT be as detrimental as they assume, but like wise, they will not be as easy as many leavers assume. As normal the "truth" is somewhere between the two camps..
Having read article it does assume trading with geographically close and culturally similar is easier... to be fair that has not been my general experience.. But perhaps its the exception that proves the rule and I, m sure OG would argue problems I have faced (in Spain, France Greece) are more my doing than theirs.
Our project in BVI was up and running with fewer rules, problems etc than those in med. (Pre hurricanes) So far so good re Goa and off on another inspection/recce to Langebaan 14th Jan..
Having said all that firm I used to work for owned 10% of all yachts in med... They won't be bothering with Goa, Langebaan and such but have massive presence in Carribean. But there is little prospect of massive growth in med... Which is sort of a problem for my current industry. ( med growth is all around massive yachts, elsewhere its about getting bigger numbers involved) Does that say something generally about EU? (to be fair Europe)
India will soon have a richer / bigger middle class than UK...
The article doesn't really look into speficics. Its quite possible in some instances the only potential for new trade is outside EU... ( Try taking a yacht out in Port Grimaud/St Maxine /St Tropez this August, you can walk a cross bay, its already packed)
None of it is as simple as either side make out. I do think the deliberating is more danaging than staying or leaving.
Fingers and 02 James..
Leavers posting on here is like a Utd fan posting on a Liverpool forum. You are wasting your time. You can't educate pork but good luck trying...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I now realise the downside of hitting the ignore button,difficult to understand the whole story by reading half.
Back to topic,May has once again managed to kick the can to the end of January,March 29 gets ever closer.
I felt sorry for the 34 year old business guy who has built up an extreme sports business over 9 years to £20 million turnover,under WTO rules if we hard Brexit he can suffer up to 14% tariffs on some goods sold to the EU.
He has 85 staff.
He will have to relocate to Germany to save his European business for he wont be able to compete with EU sellers on zero tariffs,selling the same goods.
Who said WTO wont be that bad!!!!
KudosDave

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk

House of Commons T M Questions - I get the distinct impression she's deliberately driving us onto the rocks of a hard brexit - with her looping/parroted answers, head in sand attitude, continuing to delay vote, refusal to contemplate a 2nd referendum, which would please her employers The 1922 Commitee.

MPs on all sides want to get vote done before crimbo - she just waffles on as if Father Christmas will bring her a gift wrapped solution down the chimney.

Advertisers