Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Dan, Dan.., no point in gurning and whinging now,

it`s all your fault lol!, you had the opportunity there in Louth to completely change this course of events here and you didn`t take it!

You all (not personally) for whatever reason elected the most nauseating and repulsive creature in these islands, namely Gerry Adams as your TD. It is he along with the other members of the Army Council who day and daily give orders to SinnFein up North on what to do and when to do it.

If he had allowed their members to take their seats at Westminster we wouldn't be where we are today would we?.
The Gov won yesterday thanks to the DUP again.

If SF had taken their seats the Tories would have been defeated long ago and in all probability we would be voting in another election now and a No Deal scenario wouldn`t even be on the agenda.

So the next time you`re out on your Motus call in to Mr. adams office and enquire as to why he didnt instruct his members to take up their seats and get back to us on that.

Or is it the Adams of old wanting out of the EU and his dream of an independant sovereign Ireland?
As I have said on a number of occasions, Mr Adams, may be one of our TDs, but the value of PR is that he does not represent me. .

Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
BBC QT.

I was distracted by Diane Abbott waving finger. She spoke so slowly that I forgot the beginning of her sentence by the time she finished it.
Rory Stewart came through well.
Stewart implies that a deal with Labour is possible.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
As I have said on a number of occasions, Mr Adams, may be one of our TDs, but the value of PR is that he does not represent me. .
Yes i appreciate all that but don`t you think here was a `penalty kick without the goalkeeper` situation for you folk? The tories gone, elections, poss labour gov etc etc..

Probably a case of old republicanism dies hard.

Btw here`s an interesting set of Accounts - SF expenses since 2010, £4.5 Million paid out to SF for "taking" their seats at Westminster, and doing sweet f all for it - joke!!

DxIHPaWwAEIl_Z.jpg large.jpg

Reactions: Fingers

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
BBC QT.

I was distracted by Diane Abbott waving finger. She spoke so slowly that I forgot the beginning of her sentence by the time she finished it.
Rory Stewart came through well.
Stewart implies that a deal with Labour is possible.

He did. But it was the kingdom of the blind scenario.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
at least the others are talking. I personally think Corbyn wants no deal which is why he is being so evasive. He's hoping there will be chaos and he can get his bunch of loonies into power on the back of that
And in the meantime the Chief Villain makes a play for power
"
Boris to make a dramatic pitch for the Tory leadership by promising tax cuts, immigration cuts and an end to the 'worrying' gap between London and the rest of Britain
  • Boris Johnson will say in major speech Brexit is an opportunity to unite the UK
  • Mr Johnson will make a pledge to Tory voters to introduce ‘no new taxes’
  • He will also argue referendum result was more than about restoring democracy
  • He will say it exposed a ‘worrying’ gap between London and the rest of the UK
Courtesy of the Daily Mail

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
And in the meantime the Chief Villain makes a play for power
"
Boris to make a dramatic pitch for the Tory leadership by promising tax cuts, immigration cuts and an end to the 'worrying' gap between London and the rest of Britain
  • Boris Johnson will say in major speech Brexit is an opportunity to unite the UK
  • Mr Johnson will make a pledge to Tory voters to introduce ‘no new taxes’
  • He will also argue referendum result was more than about restoring democracy
  • He will say it exposed a ‘worrying’ gap between London and the rest of the UK
Courtesy of the Daily Mail
Johnson has been exposed for the lying, cheating and deceitful character that he is. The jolly buffoon cover has well and truly been blown. The blonde woman who has allowed him inside her in return for an enhancement to her career prospects has done him no favours either. Huffing, puffing & grunting ....ghastly. She must be seriously useless to find it necessary to put herself through that. There is no way he will be elected as leader.

Gove is probably in there with a chance.

Last edited:

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
As for a win for remain not being a hollow victory
I don't agree.
Their has already been talk of leavers not taking part in another referendum.
If the turnout is 10 million less than last time and remain win with lets say 15 million votes,
Leavers will claim "Over 17 million voted leave last time" and would claim the 10 million
missing votes would have been leave.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Fingers

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Asign of how corrupt politicians are is this from the Guardian
"
Jeremy Corbyn could face up to a dozen resignations from the Labour frontbench if the party backs a second referendum as a way out of the Brexit crisis.

A string of junior shadow ministers have told the Guardian they are strongly opposed to the idea of a second referendum, which they fear would expose Labour to a vicious backlash in leave-voting constituencies.

So the fate of the country is a secondary consideration to losing votes?
Something is morally foul with these people, we deserve better.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Johnson has been exposed for the lying, cheating and deceitful character that he is. The jolly buffoon cover has well and truly been blown. The blonde woman who has allowed him inside her in return for an enhancement to her career prospects has done him no favours either. Huffing, puffing & grunting ....ghastly. She must be seriously useless to find it necessary to put herself through that. There is no way he will be elected as leader.

Gove is probably in there with a chance.
You prefer a Backstabber? implicated in electoral fraud?
good grief!

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes i appreciate all that but don`t you think here was a `penalty kick without the goalkeeper` situation for you folk? The tories gone, elections, poss labour gov etc etc..

Probably a case of old republicanism dies hard.

Btw here`s an interesting set of Accounts - SF expenses since 2010, £4.5 Million paid out to SF for "taking" their seats at Westminster, and doing sweet f all for it - joke!!

View attachment 28618
Tommie what has this to do with Brexit? do concentrate.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Perhaps if there is another referendum the leave campaign can recycle some of the tried and tested adverts like these?

Well, they seem to have worked last time, and they made no sense back then either!
Please don’t make out that it was just one side that was coming out with BS. Both leave and remain told lies and gave out misinformation.

What we need this time is honesty, and the crap you are posting does nothing to make that happen.

The BBC are at it. They are carrying an article blaming drug shortages on uncertainty over Brexit. That is completely false, I have a friend who owns a chain of over 40 pharmacies, the shortages are due to natural fluctuations in supply and demand. Nothing at all to do with Brexit.

It is this sort of rubbish posted by you and the BBC which makes it very hard to filter out the true position. Leave are just as bad, if not worse.

• Dislike
Reactions: Wicky and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Please don’t make out that it was just one side that was coming out with BS. Both leave and remain told lies and gave out misinformation.

What we need this time is honesty, and the crap you are posting does nothing to make that happen.

The BBC are at it. They are carrying an article blaming drug shortages on uncertainty over Brexit. That is completely false, I have a friend who owns a chain of over 40 pharmacies, the shortages are due to natural fluctuations in supply and demand. Nothing at all to do with Brexit.

It is this sort of rubbish posted by you and the BBC which makes it very hard to filter out the true position. Leave are just as bad, if not worse.
Leave did not resort to electoral fraud did they?
And there's no way you can deny that.
The balance of lying if far greater on the leave side, if it wasn't, why have things turned out they way they have? All their promises failed to materialise.

Are you denying the truth of that FT report I pasted?
Liam Fox had vowed to replicate the EU existing trade deals before we left the bloc.
Tell me which of the remain lies actually have proved as damaging to the nation?
Votes for leave were gained on lies like that.

Sorry but the leave side is the one that has to get it's act together where truthfulness is concerned.
The public deserve to be warned about these charlatans
I posted timely reminders of what they did and will probably try again as a warning.
You call it crap, and yet is was used publicly remember?
Nobody who voted leave side seemed to object then.
"It is this sort of rubbish posted by you and the BBC which makes it very hard to filter out the true position.
I didn't post this originally leave did

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Why drug shortages now all of a sudden? how very odd.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Leave did not resort to electoral fraud did they?
And there's no way you can deny that.
The balance of lying if far greater on the leave side, if it wasn't, why have things turned out they way they have? All their promises failed to materialise.

Are you denying the truth of that FT report I pasted?
Liam Fox had vowed to replicate the EU existing trade deals before we left the bloc.
Tell me which of the remain lies actually have proved as damaging to the nation?
Votes for leave were gained on lies like that.

Sorry but the leave side is the one that has to get it's act together where truthfulness is concerned.
The public deserve to be warned about these charlatans
I posted timely reminders of what they did and will probably try again as a warning.
You call it crap, and yet is was used publicly remember?
Nobody who voted leave side seemed to object then.
Do you really think they will if it reappears?
Maybe leave did lie more than remain. The fact is both sides are guilty and that is unacceptable. What has happened has happened, and we can’t change that.

What we can do is draw on our experiences and look to the future. We have had a taste of Brexit and how capable we are of dealing with the EU / negotiating over the last 2 1/2 years. It is not a pretty sight, and it is that that we should be basing our decision on. The last 2 1/2 years are reality, not scaremongering or false promises, just fact.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And the cover up still goes on
[B]Carole Cadwalladr[/B]‏Verified account @[B]carolecadwalla[/B]

No Fiona Bruce!! She just intervened after a woman referred to Leave's "dirty campaign" & said there are "questions about both sides in the referendum". Totally untrue. There are multiple legal investigations into Vote Leave, BeLeave, LeaveEU and Arron Banks. And none into Remain

The BBC is still doing it's best to support the Government's attempt to ignore the law breaking of the leave campaign

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers