Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe leave did lie more than remain. The fact is both sides are guilty and that is unacceptable. What has happened has happened, and we can’t change that.

What we can do is draw on our experiences and look to the future. We have had a taste of Brexit and how capable we are of dealing with the EU / negotiating over the last 2 1/2 years. It is not a pretty sight, and it is that that we should be basing our decision on. The last 2 1/2 years are reality, not scaremongering or false promises, just fact.
The last 2 1/2 years are reality? is that the new word to cover officially ignoring law breaking and lies?

Do you really believe a word of that? they are subject to spin on a daily basis, and the notion that whatever happens next will be a truthful campaign is simply totally improbable.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
And the cover up still goes on
[B]Carole Cadwalladr[/B]‏Verified account @[B]carolecadwalla[/B]

No Fiona Bruce!! She just intervened after a woman referred to Leave's "dirty campaign" & said there are "questions about both sides in the referendum". Totally untrue. There are multiple legal investigations into Vote Leave, BeLeave, LeaveEU and Arron Banks. And none into Remain

The BBC is still doing it's best to support the Govenment's attempt to ignore the law breaking of the leave campaign
I think the reference to dirty campaign was more to do with misinformation rather than electoral fraud, which is being investigated.

You need to stop dwelling on the past and going around in circles. Eventually you will disappear up your own backside. You can’t change what happened, but you can change what will happen in the future.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think the reference to dirty campaign was more to do with misinformation rather than electoral fraud, which is being investigated.

You need to stop dwelling on the past and going around in circles. Eventually you will disappear up your own backside. You can’t change what happened, but you can change what will happen in the future.
Nice platitude you have there, if you ignore the past you end up with Brexit because you have no idea of the consequences of foolish decisions.
So no thanks.
Brexit has nothing to offer for the future has it? that's why we are crawling to the EU for crumbs from their table.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
But steered well clear of mentioning electoral fraud by the Leave Camp as per BBC policy
Maybe that is because it is sub judice and an ongoing investigation. That would mean that for legal reasons it would be ill advised to express an opinion. Not everyone is out to get you.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Brexit has nothing to offer for the future has it? that's why we are crawling to the EU for crumbs from their table.
I am not sure we are after crumbs.
we are after a deal for continuity, stability and orderly withdrawal.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
"Maybe leave did lie more than remain. The fact is both sides are guilty and that is unacceptable."This sounds remarkably like "there are good people on both sides (at Charlottesville") .
It is not that those intereested in remaining were necessarily any more moral or better than those wishing to leave,but they were and are constrained by facts.The EU was a known quantity,so if making outlandish claims any could be countered by known facts.
Almost all of the predictions from the remainder side of the arguement either came to pass or are coming to pass. Wheresas ,one would be hard pushed to find any of the "advantages ",of leaving. either having been achieved or likely to be achieved.

Worse there have been a pletera of unintended and unexpected consequences ,like the potential for drug shortages, especially radio isotopes,and the requirements for importers to pay tax in advance of sales.on 2/3 of their stock.
And as others have said ,the UK has not even left

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes indeed, the keyboardless wonder has surfaced,

yeah lets get hitting that Dislike button!!

another interesting character.... and his place of residence???
Rob (Robdon) joined pedelecs in 2013. Now in his seventies he lives in the Armthorpe area of Doncaster. Originally from Fife, from four years old he went to school on Dunnikier Road, travelling from Kinghorn every day. Although he left Fife in 1961, he went back regularly for years until the death of his parents. He owned a Giant Suede pedelec and bought a Kudos e-bike for his wife.

Other pedelecs members who had lived near him in Fife and have communicated with him since within this forum are Cyclezee and Bill W.

Happy to be of assistance, I trust that will satisfy your curiosity.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ah ok, sounds a bit like a .....

clique
(kliːk )

Word forms: plural cliques
countable noun
If you describe a group of people as a clique, you mean that they spend a lot of time together and seem unfriendly towards people who are not in the group.
[disapproval]

Not at all Tommie. I don't know Rob, I've never met him and have never privately communicated with him. In 2013 I did post some information for him in response to a query he had about the second-hand Giant Suede he'd just bought.

The information I posted for you on Rob, including that his name is Rob, was entirely from that he's given in this forum within his hundreds of posts.* Other than that I only know that he's visited France and The Netherlands and commented on some of their aspects.

The only thing I know of that we have in common is that we are both obviously Remainers.

* I have an eidetic memory.

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Rob (Robdon) joined pedelecs in 2013. Now in his seventies he lives in the Armthorpe area of Doncaster. Originally from Fife, from four years old he went to school on Dunnikier Road, travelling from Kinghorn every day. Although he left Fife in 1961, he went back regularly for years until the death of his parents. He owned a Giant Suede pedelec and bought a Kudos e-bike for his wife.

Other pedelecs members who had lived near him in Fife and have communicated with him since within this forum are Cyclezee and Bill W.

Happy to be of assistance, I trust that will satisfy your curiosity.

Do me do me!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Do me do me!
You live in Crouch End, North London, surrounded by some hills, and commute to Oxford Street on a Gtech e-bike. You joined this forum on 9th February 2016 and made your first post on the 11th February. Ironically the first member to warmly welcome you to the forum was Old Tom, who also gave you some friendly e-biking advice.

Your wife has tried the bike in a local park but is nervous of traffic, having never passed a cycling proficiency test.

Advertisers