Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe if you had said Hares that may have worked.

May being the operative word.

But donkeys? No.

Stop the foolishness.
I didn't realise you were still here.. still prancing around as usual with nothing relevant as usual.
Why do you bother?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Back on topic:
lets look at the brexiteer claim that they wanted out because of all the EU rules forced on them
Here are the number of new laws 1996 to 2014

Which urinates well and truly on that particular bonfire!:D

Here are just Seven of the laws we voted no to

(1/72) 29/03/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:31996L0021 … EU: Food labels should say if Aspartine is present. UK: Nonsense. Bloody red tape! (Linked to cancer, headaches and seizures, even Pepsi USA stopped using it by 2015)
(2/72) 29/04/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:01996L0022-20081218&from=IT … EU: Ban on livestock growth-boosters with hormonal, thyrostatic or beta-agonist effects (carcinogenic residue in meat). UK: Aw come on - a little bit of cancer never hurt no-one.
(3/72) 03/06/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:31996L0035&from=EN … EU: Safety advisers dealing with transport of dangerous goods on public roads etc must be properly trained and regulated. UK: Bleedin elf'n'safety gorn mad. Wassamatta wiv a bit a toxic spillage across a playground?
(4/72) 27/06/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A31996R1168 … EU: we need some conservation measures to preserve North Atlantic fish stocks. UK: Ah Phooey. There's plenty o' fish in the sea. We've even registered on the website.
(5/72) 22/07/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex:31996L0070 … EU: additives to mineral water must be safe and labels must be honest (eg "spring water" has to come from an actual spring) UK: This will kill our sales of Dell-boy Trotter's "Peckham Spring Water".
(6/72) 24/09/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:31996L0071&rid=2 … EU: posted workers must be given the same pay and conditions as local workers. UK: You're kidding! The whole POINT of posted workers is to undercut the locals and undermine their employment rights.
(7/72) 09/12/1996 https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A31996D0715 … EU: lets have a consistent approach to data collection on goods traded between member states? UK: Hmm. That buggers up our carousel fraud schemes, somewhat.

I know the attention span of leave voters won't even make it past the first couple of laws, so I'll leave it that , let's just say we should have agreed with every single one, as it was in our interests (But not the Conservatives and their paymasters) to do so.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
being selective i see,

maybe you have a descriptor for this tirade of abuse, infantile wouldn`t even come close??

"flecc said:
You really are perversely stupid Tommie.
More of your perverse stupidity,
To illustrate to other members just how deceitful you are

Hopefully you will now stop acting like a spoilt ten year old brat."

Oh, and if you want to know the detail of the event in Londonderry i`d suggest you pop into your TD`s office there and i`m sure he will be able to give you a run down on who was involved etc etc....
I am not going to get into the name calling game. However I suspect that the esteemed TD from Louth, has no lnkling of the events in Derry. .. He is trying to present himself and become the avuncular "uncle" and chef in these his retirement years.
Rather than being sanguine about a no deal Brexit, ..I am very worried that it will come to pass, not least because i have learn today that a particularly expensive medicine ,used to keep my son alive( no hyperbole here ), is manufactured uniquely in Armagh.
IIf you look back over that sequence of posting, they would have tried the patience of a saint.And by his own admission, flecc, is no saint.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here is some into
Sky News obtains Border Force contingency presentation slide assuming a No Deal Brexit fall in cross Channel freight traffic of 75% to 87% for next 3-6 months as a “reasonable worst case”

A spokesperon for the Leave Campaign responded reassuringly

Nah, it's gonna be alright on the night , innit Guv? it's only them remainers in the Border Force and wot do they know?

Hmm I wonder just how great a capacity these warehouses we keep hearing about really have?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and robdon

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I am not going to get into the name calling game. However I suspect that the esteemed TD from Louth, has no lnkling of the events in Derry. .. He is trying to present himself and become the avuncular "uncle" and chef in these his retirement years.
Rather than being sanguine about a no deal Brexit, ..I am very worried that it will come to pass, not least because i have learn today that a particularly expensive medicine ,used to keep my son alive( no hyperbole here ), is manufactured uniquely in Armagh.
IIf you look back over that sequence of posting, they would have tried the patience of a saint.And by his own admission, flecc, is no saint.
Now that is concerning, is that Norbrook or Almac maybe? Can`t see a major problem if coming down from N.I., or is it imported back from GB?

Yes, it`s a total mess at Westminster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ok, knew you couldn`t and i`ll not embarrass you further..

Word of advice from all of this flecc, and you`re never too old to learn,

it`s sometimes a good idea to just bow out, apologise and move on,

when you find yourself in a hole don`t ever ask for a shovel

in future could you please reply in a more civilised manner and we`ll just leave it there

got it?

...good,
Once again members can refer to this link to see who was guilty of reprehensible behaviour. Those wishing to delve deeper can look at the sequence that began with this question from you and the tenor of our responses to each other thereafter.

They will see, as some have already, that of the two of us, I have nothing to apologise for.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Once again members can refer to this link to see who was guilty of reprehensible behaviour. Those wishing to delve deeper can look at the sequence that began with this question from you and the tenor of our responses to each other thereafter.

They will see as some have already that of the two of us, I have nothing to apologise for.
Give up the pair of you. Nobody has been injured. Shake hands and move on. Forget it. It happens. We are all as bad as each other.
Lifes too short to argue. Look at me and OG...

Reactions: gray198

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Translation:
Cameron did not think
Blame Lib Dems

Cameron did not think EU referendum would happen, says Tusk
European council president reveals PM was convinced that Lib Dems would block the vote

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Give up the pair of you. Nobody has been injured. Shake hands and move on. Forget it. It happens. We are all as bad as each other.
Lifes too short to argue. Look at me and OG...
That is what I would like to do Zlatan, and as you know from our posting history I never bear a grudge.

But I do not want to move on from Tommie posting a permanent record to members that my behaviour was seriously at fault when that certainly wasn't the case. All I was doing eleven times in that sequence was patiently posting demonstrably honest replies to some frankly disgraceful repeated challenges.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Cameron did not think EU referendum would happen, says Tusk
European council president reveals PM was convinced that Lib Dems would block the vote
Good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/21/donald-tusk-warned-david-cameron-about-stupid-eu-referendum-bbc

quote:

In an interview as part of a BBC documentary, Tusk said: “I asked David Cameron, ‘Why did you decide on this referendum, this – it’s so dangerous, so even stupid, you know,’ and, he told me – and I was really amazed and even shocked – that the only reason was his own party.”
Tusk continued: “[He told me] he felt really safe, because he thought at the same time that there’s no risk of a referendum, because his coalition partner, the Liberals, would block this idea of a referendum. But then, surprisingly, he won and there was no coalition partner. So paradoxically David Cameron became the real victim of his own victory.”

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
She has more faith than do I:

No-deal Brexit is a Dad’s Army parody and I refuse to stockpile

Polly Toynbee

Plan B? No, just B for Back to Brussels to Beg a Better Backstop, not even Botoxing her old plan A. Theresa May does not surprise. Wild rumours that she might dash for another election or resign mid-crisis fooled no one. Why expect better? If she pretended to listen to flotillas of visitors imploring her to see sense, change course, stop the madness, then she wore earplugs. Of course nothing changed. However, she has every reason for intransigence, strapped to her pilot seat, clamped in irons. Move an inch on the customs union, soften a red line and she would haemorrhage Tory MPs, winning few from Labour. Kate Hoey may cavort at Jacob Rees-Mogg’s Bollinger bash at his home to celebrate May’s 230-vote defeat, but entices no fellow Labour MPs.

As the captive prime-minister-in-name-only runs the clock down closer to a nuclear no deal, how terrified should we be? Pay attention when her own business minister, Richard Harrington MP, warns that it would be such an “absolute disaster” that he would resign, warning of car industry collapse if supply chains were cut. Some cabinet ministers would walk, too, rather than take the blame for needless carnage. Every day brings more bad news: the International Air Transport Association warns that 5m sold airline tickets could be cancelled: no deal means no extra flights above last year’s quota.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/21/no-deal-brexit-dads-army-stockpile-parliament

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Definitely NOT project Fear in the Express

END OF UK? Brexit People's Vote could ‘BREAK UP BRITAIN’ warns May - United Ireland LOOMS
THERESA May has warned a second EU referendum could trigger widespread civil disorder and unrest across Britain by destroying trust in Parliament - as well as the “break-up of our United Kingdom”.

Perhaps we need to find a new name for this sort of thing then?

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

END OF UK? Brexit People's Vote could ‘BREAK UP BRITAIN’ warns May - United Ireland LOOMS
THERESA May has warned a second EU referendum could trigger widespread civil disorder and unrest across Britain by destroying trust in Parliament - as well as the “break-up of our United Kingdom”.

It depends how it’s handled. If May is in charge, I agree, unrest is a possibility. She must be disposed of ASAP.

A fresh leader with a fresh approach gives us the best chance of making progress. May is stuck permanently in plan A and will never shift, even if she was the only person left supporting it.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Is there a government assessment somewhere that leavers are more likely to indulge in civil unrest than remainers?

If there is not, this appears to be perverse and fire stoking.

If there is, it rather shows that the government would rather pacify them than consider the current opinions.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Why shouldn't Scotland be independent?

Why shouldn't Ireland be united?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Why shouldn't Scotland be independent?

Why shouldn't Ireland be united?
it's the same argument for and against brexit, which single market is more important to Scotland and NI? the UK or the EU?
If we have a hard brexit, then an independent Scotland and member of the EU may be better for Scotland but that's not a given.
A united Ireland may be much more realistic.

Advertisers