Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The intent was clear enough
"
Did he not enjoy those 2 extra years?

The two of you are as bad as each other if you don't understand the nuances of the language

No. I will not tolerate this.

Why does the admin see fit to remark and edit a light hearted post that ultimately means nothing about someone paying a pittance for rent and
a comment about living somewhere poor. It’s clearly not malicious. I have no idea where he lives or what that amount means, I am extrapolating on London house prices where I live. It was a joke.

This on the other is a deliberate and multi post effort to try and either upset @flecc or try and paint e as someone who really is as ill as him.

My comment re; living longer was genuine. From my own point of view I want to liv as long as possible. I get now others may see have a different view but that is for another thread in itself. It’s a huge subject. What I genuinely object to is this idiot jumping on an innocuous comment and being allowed to throw **** at me without moderation and me making a joke about someone living for peppercorn rent and being moderated. I could have made the joke he was royalty instead of stig of the dump.

It’s hardly the same as what this fool is inferring. I rarely get annoyed on the internet but this has irked me.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On another but unrelated matter, the Irish Company Arklow Shipping ,which had been linked with the Ramsgate fiasco, never had a contract with Seaborne. So suggesting ,as has been hinted, that they withdrew from a contract at the insistance of the Irish State ,is both untrue and slanderous.Tge highest level of engagement was a letter sent by their CEO, indicating that they might be interested..
I already suspected this was an engineered excuse to get the minister off the hook. It came much too late to be genuine, if it had been genuine they'd have used it the instant criticism started.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I cannot agree with the second part of your post.

Yes she has achieved nothing,with the two months delay, except delay. The EU has attempted to make as many minor concessions as they are able , without reopening the WA... A temporary extension to Eurotunnel, temporary extensions to aircraft landing. ..But temporary is temporary,and other legitimate EU businesses will start to complain to the ECJ , if these are extended.

The air of un reality persists around Westminster. The reported comments of O Robbins yesterday are indicative. There will be no revisiting of the WA. There will be as many statements and clarifications as Westminster wants but no change. There will be no extension to Article 50 by the EU, unless there is some seismic movement in Westminster.

It is a matter of opinion as to whether the current WA is the best which might have been achieved, but the EU side did respect all the red lines, demanded by the UK. And they had their own red line.

The single question which MPs need to focus on is whether the current status of the UK as a full member of the EU , is better for the UK than the WA or whether the WA is better than a no deal crash out. Of these , I am in no doubt,but then I am neither an MP or have a vote.

On another but unrelated matter, the Irish Company Arklow Shipping ,which had been linked with the Ramsgate fiasco, never had a contract with Seaborne. So suggesting ,as has been hinted, that they withdrew from a contract at the insistance of the Irish State ,is both untrue and slanderous.Tge highest level of engagement was a letter sent by their CEO, indicating that they might be interested..
There is no doubt that the options on offer should be ranked as follows, with number 1 being the most desirable and 3 the least.

1) Remain in the EU on our current terms.

2) Leave with no deal.

3) Theresa May’s deal.

I don’t know why they are even entertaining the idea that she will somehow return with acceptable changes. MPs have a duty to end all of the clowning around, pretending to be negotiating, they need to be making decisions and ending the uncertainty. They seem to have now found a way to make a cock-up of making a cock-up. It’s unbelievable.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

Why does the admin see fit to remark and edit a light hearted post that ultimately means nothing about someone paying a pittance for rent and
a comment about living somewhere poor. It’s clearly not malicious. I have no idea where he lives or what that amount means, I am extrapolating on London house prices where I live. It was a joke.

This on the other is a deliberate and multi post effort to try and either upset @flecc or try and paint e as someone who really is as ill as him.

My comment re; living longer was genuine. From my own point of view I want to liv as long as possible. I get now others may see have a different view but that is for another thread in itself. It’s a huge subject. What I genuinely object to is this idiot jumping on an innocuous comment and being allowed to throw **** at me without moderation and me making a joke about someone living for peppercorn rent and being moderated. I could have made the joke he was royalty instead of stig of the dump.

It’s hardly the same as what this fool is inferring. I rarely get annoyed on the internet but this has irked me.
You must remember that a lot of people on here don’t represent the majority of rational thinking people. The thread is a perverse snap-shot of the public at large, a bit like a Victorian freak show brought into the digital age. Don’t let it get to you, enjoy the spectacle.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I think the mistake Fingers was to say "living in a dump", since living on low pay doesn't necessarily mean that and "dump" in that context can be received as offensive. You could still have posted it, but with a wink emoticon to illustrate it's light hearted nature and had it received differently:

No wonder you're living in a dump ;)

and maybe a tongue/smile one as well to make sure:

No wonder you're living in a dump ;) :p

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I think the mistake Fingers was to say "living in a dump", since living on low pay doesn't necessarily mean that and "dump" in that context can be received as offensive. You could still have posted it, but with a wink emoticon to illustrate it's light hearted nature and had it received differently:

No wonder you're living in a dump ;)

and maybe a tongue/smile one as well to make sure:

No wonder you're living in a dump ;):p
I don’t think that would have worked. There are several on here who possess the playground mentality of going to the moderator in the same way that a child would go running to tell teacher when the big boys play rough.

I’ve had a yellow card from a moderator, and to be fair it probably warranted it. But on the whole, I think the moderator(s) do a good job and let things run. It does tickle me though when someone gets so wound up they find it necessary to make a “report”. :)

Ps this isn’t aimed at AK.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

And it irked me too, the remark was unsympathetic to say the least, why are you so offended to be told that?
Your remark about AKW rightly got moderated
It did not come over as a joke, and even if it was meant as one that simply makes it worse!
Come off it fingers this false outrage over what you are now saying was a joke in bad taste is not helping is it?

Time you improved the quality of your posts, and by the way do not refer to me as an idiot ,it really doesn't reinforce your case, does it?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
And it irked me too, the remark was unsympathetic to say the least, why are you so offended to be told that?
Your remark about AKW rightly got moderated
It did not come over as a joke, and even if it was meant as one that simply makes it worse!
Come off it fingers this false outrage over what you are now saying was a joke in bad taste is not helping is it?

Time you improved the quality of your posts, and by the way do not refer to me as an idiot ,it really doesn't reinforce your case, does it?
Rightly moderated? BS. Lighten up. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don’t think that would have worked. There are several on here who possess the playground mentality of going to the moderator in the same way that a child would go running to tell teacher when the big boys play rough.

I’ve had a yellow card from a moderator, and to be fair it probably warranted it. But on the whole, I think the moderator(s) do a good job and let things run. It does tickle me though when someone gets so wound up they find it necessary to make a “report”. :)

Ps this isn’t aimed at AK.
Nor me, perhaps the moderator is doing a good job?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I wouldn’t have moderated it, but I don’t run a successful forum, they do. So, whatever decision they take, it’s ok with me.

The moderation here is excellent but for me there is a difference between an idiot goading a poster about another posters death in the family to another idiot joking about another posters living standards.

Anyway. Let’s keep it on topic etc.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I didn't see the post, I get up late. I dont't report posts other than spam to the moderators (thick skinned).

Now that is cleared up and reading above:

The dump I live in is RC2012 standard energy efficient, the central heating has been on twice in February, this morning it froze outside and when I got up it was 18°C inside. It is 42 square metres with a 16 square metre terrasse facing SSW. I also have a dedicated parking space and a place in the bike garage. I am on the fourth flour and have an unblocked view of the major Basque country coastal mountains. In front of me a cemetery and to my right a farm. Negatives? I am closer to the motorway than I am comfortable with but there are other homes much closer and people have bought those.

This is typical social housing for the south west of France, other parts are not so well off. The rent, all inclusive (my water, electricity and gas are on top of course) is 390 € a month, in France to be able to rent an apartment the rent must be no more than 40% of disposable revenu and most agencies ask for a full time work contract (CDI). Typical rents here are 500 € and up depending how close the beach it is so that would require 2000€ net revenu. If I were to earn above the ceiling (when I arrived in the Basque country I was) I could stay in this apartment but I would pay a supplement of rent called the solidarity supplement.

Say social housing and of course you think of social cases. Many of my neighbours are like me seasonal workers in the tourist industry so not earning huge wages. There is evidence of poverty - retired couples with tiny pensions - and abuse of alcohol and substances but all in all quite nice people. What is discouraging is that some do not respect the commons, the bike garage for example is being used as a cellar by some.

It is. Living conditions and the cost of living are causes of a brexit vote as they are the cause of the high viz vest mouvement in France.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The moderation here is excellent but for me there is a difference between an idiot goading a poster about another posters death in the family to another idiot joking about another posters living standards.

You really don't know when to stop, do you? give it a rest.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A reminder of the original plan

But what's another lie to the Leave Campaign?
And remember who was fronting the Campaign and will be in charge after Brexit.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I didn't see the post, I get up late. I dont't report posts other than spam to the moderators (thick skinned).

Now that is cleared up and reading above:

The dump I live in is RC2012 standard energy efficient, the central heating has been on twice in February, this morning it froze outside and when I got up it was 18°C inside. It is 42 square metres with a 16 square metre terrasse facing SSW. I also have a dedicated parking space and a place in the bike garage. I am on the fourth flour and have an unblocked view of the major Basque country coastal mountains. In front of me a cemetery and to my right a farm. Negatives? I am closer to the motorway than I am comfortable with but there are other homes much closer and people have bought those.

This is typical social housing for the south west of France, other parts are not so well off. The rent, all inclusive (my water, electricity and gas are on top of course) is 390 € a month, in France to be able to rent an apartment the rent must be no more than 40% of disposable revenu and most agencies ask for a full time work contract (CDI). Typical rents here are 500 € and up depending how close the beach it is so that would require 2000€ net revenu. If I were to earn above the ceiling (when I arrived in the Basque country I was) I could stay in this apartment but I would pay a supplement of rent called the solidarity supplement.

Say social housing and of course you think of social cases. Many of my neighbours are like me seasonal workers in the tourist industry so not earning huge wages. There is evidence of poverty - retired couples with tiny pensions - and abuse of alcohol and substances but all in all quite nice people. What is discouraging is that some do not respect the commons, the bike garage for example is being used as a cellar by some.

It is. Living conditions and the cost of living are causes of a brexit vote as they are the cause of the high viz vest mouvement in France.
That last paragraph is key. How much of the brexit vote was, to repeat the boring but true refrain, about austerity and our honourable politicians blaming the EU instead of their own backhanded cutting of services to the poor(as well as corporation tax)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
There is no doubt that the options on offer should be ranked as follows, with number 1 being the most desirable and 3 the least.

1) Remain in the EU on our current terms.

2) Leave with no deal.

3) Theresa May’s deal.

I don’t know why they are even entertaining the idea that she will somehow return with acceptable changes. MPs have a duty to end all of the clowning around, pretending to be negotiating, they need to be making decisions and ending the uncertainty. They seem to have now found a way to make a cock-up of making a cock-up. It’s unbelievable.
I just think that May is looking after herself,every day she stays in the PM is positive to her . I dont see how they can be rid of her even if she commits to a second referendum.
Robbins's bar chat supposedly revealed that she is intending to keep asking for her deal or risk no deal,he is suggesting that she will not want no deal but will ask on March 27 for an Art 50 extension....but the EU will need a good reason for that,a second referendum would be a good reason and could be made to last a year.....that keeps May in office for another year.!!!!
KudosDave

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I just think that May is looking after herself,every day she stays in the PM is positive to her . I dont see how they can be rid of her even if she commits to a second referendum.
Robbins's bar chat supposedly revealed that she is intending to keep asking for her deal or risk no deal,he is suggesting that she will not want no deal but with ask on March 27 for an Art 50 extension....but the EU will need a good reason for that,a second referendum would be a good reason and could be made to last a year.....that keeps May in office for another year.!!!!
KudosDave

Tbh we need more time for a no wto deal anyway. The EU say they would need something meaningful for an extension but she can say we are having another meaningful vote in parliament. After summer recess of course and after the state opening of Parliament obviously. Then of course we need to hear the queen's speech. But we will have a meaningful vote and get back to you.

The EU can concentrate on Venezuela in the meantime and ignore the Catalans. They will need to bed in all the far right that will have come in too. EU elections soon.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Robbins's bar chat supposedly revealed that she is intending to keep asking for her deal or risk no deal,he is suggesting that she will not want no deal but will ask on March 27 for an Art 50 extension....but the EU will need a good reason for that,a second referendum would be a good reason and could be made to last a year.....that keeps May in office for another year.!!!!
KudosDave

Not been posting a lot as there isn't a lot going on.

Please keep on tooic

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisers