Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
That last paragraph is key. How much of the brexit vote was, to repeat the boring but true refrain, about austerity and our honourable politicians blaming the EU instead of their own backhanded cutting of services to the poor(as well as corporation tax)
Just read what JRM is intending for the UK....read about CPF (central provident fund)in Singapore. The Leavers who think that JRM is their champion may not be impressed by losing 90% of their wages to a big brother type organisation.
But if you are wealthy then no inheritance tax,no stamp duty,no corporation tax,access to slave labour produces a wealthy class of JRM's ...not quite what the 'We voted Leave now get on with it' brigade are expecting.
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Tbh we need more time for a no wto deal anyway. The EU say they would need something meaningful for an extension but she can say we are having another meaningful vote in parliament. After summer recess of course and after the state opening of Parliament obviously. Then of course we need to hear the queen's speech. But we will have a meaningful vote and get back to you.

The EU can concentrate on Venezuela in the meantime and ignore the Catalans. They will need to bed in all the far right that will have come in too. EU elections soon.
No the EU will not be conned by another meaningless vote. The UKs credibility in this matter is shot. If parliament were dissolved,and a GE called,that might just about hit the threshold. Note that the EU has provided some temporary letters of comfort in matters of transport, for about 3 months which could allow the time for a GE.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
No the EU will not be conned by another meaningless vote. The UKs credibility in this matter is shot. If parliament were dissolved,and a GE called,that might just about hit the threshold. Note that the EU has provided some temporary letters of comfort in matters of transport, for about 3 months which could allow the time for a GE.
But a GE would be the only way that May could be kicked out and she has already experienced a snap election,surely she wouldnt want to make a second mistake.
Would the EU give her an extension if she said that she was suggesting her form of a Customs Union and Single Market...note it would have to be 'her form',like the withdrawal agreement that would of course be designed by the EU.
Lots of can kicking available there .....
????????
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But a GE would be the only way that May could be kicked out and she has already experienced a snap election,surely she wouldnt want to make a second mistake.
she will need to call a new general election after getting her deal through.
If parliament approves her deal, the DUP will cease to cooperate and her government can't govern.
She'll be forced to call a fresh GE to replace the DUP.
I reckon JC knows this, he is keen to do everything he can to help.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Actually there is a pathway to an extension for this parrotsite (sic) and it is based on a meaningful vote.

She can kick the can till the end of March and have one more 'meaningful' vote but this time on the premise that if it fails she goes to the country for a General Election. A lot of MPs are only in this for themselves and a lot of MPs know that come the next election day they are out of a job. Nicky Morgan, the screeching one, Yvette Cooper on the other side etc. So May will hope this will get them to fall into line. If it fails as it should she gets an honourable way out. We get another 18 months of this ****** and the can becomes ever more battered.

This depends on her having honour of course.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Just enjoying a Pink Lady apple. This one has come from France. I purchased it in the co op. Everyone in was nice and polite so it wasn't where groaner works.

It cost £2.50 for 4. My point is I made the same purchase on Monday. On that accasion though the apples, whilst still of the Pink Lady variety came from New Zealand. Same price.

The interesting thing for me was the quality of the Kiwi fruit was much better than the French one. Same price.

If this sort of perishable food can be delivered from the other side of the world at the same price where is the drama?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
she will need to call a new general election after getting her deal through.
If parliament approves her deal, the DUP will cease to cooperate and her government can't govern.
She'll be forced to call a fresh GE to replace the DUP.
I reckon JC knows this, he is keen to do everything he can to help.
But she wont need a GE if she extends Art 50 and negotiates a form of CU with the EU,maybe ending in a second referendum.
KudosDave

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If this sort of perishable food can be delivered from the other side of the world at the same price where is the drama?
Apples aren't perishable short term, they are commonly stored all Winter long and have been for centuries. They can easily be shipped from New Zealand in cooled containers.

The problem as I see it is what do we sell them to pay for the apples etc? Same goes for Australia, they want to sell to us but what do we send them to balance the books?

• Agree

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just enjoying a Pink Lady apple. This one has come from France. I purchased it in the co op. Everyone in was nice and polite so it wasn't where groaner works.

It cost £2.50 for 4. My point is I made the same purchase on Monday. On that accasion though the apples, whilst still of the Pink Lady variety came from New Zealand. Same price.

The interesting thing for me was the quality of the Kiwi fruit was much better than the French one. Same price.

Apples aren't perishable, that might be the answer you are looking for. The French ones will have been harvested last year and the NZ ones will be from this years early harvest.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Apples aren't perishable short term, they are commonly stored all Winter long and have been for centuries. They can easily be shipped from New Zealand in cooled containers.

The problem as I see it is what do we sell them to pay for the apples etc? Same goes for Australia, they want to sell to us but what do we send them to balance the books?
Cars... Ooops...

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Convicts?

We have a surfeit of those.

Reactions: tommie

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
When Remain campaigners warned that there would be a recession, they didn't add "in Italy".

When they warned that there would be street violence, they didn't add "in France".

When they warned that populist parties would surge, they didn't add "across the EU, but not in Britain".

• Agree
Reactions: tommie

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But she wont need a GE if she extends Art 50 and negotiates a form of CU with the EU,maybe ending in a second referendum.
KudosDave
if she goes for a CU, the ERG separatists are not going to cooperate, she won't be able to govern.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
if she goes for a CU, the ERG separatists are not going to cooperate, she won't be able to govern.
Because you call that governing? Very generous of you!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When Remain campaigners warned that there would be a recession, they didn't add "in Italy".

When they warned that there would be street violence, they didn't add "in France".

When they warned that populist parties would surge, they didn't add "across the EU, but not in Britain".
Now then, be patient. We haven't left yet.

I'm beginning to wonder if we can even find the exit.

Last edited:

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
And they do not give any idea of the scale of stress of people in this and other countries do they?
Are you seriously suggesting all is well?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/24/most-children-in-uks-poorest-areas-now-growing-up-in-poverty

Most children in UK's poorest areas now growing up in poverty

It's a sign of how absurd the right wing view of poverty is that unless you require famine relief and are on the edge of death from starvation you are not in poverty, you are just a scrounger.

Your "facts" are simply misleading as they are based on standards of living no human being should have to tolerate to protect the rich.
And you put them forward as proof of progress?
Rubbish!
HA! Poverty as re-defined by all the bleeding hearts - meaning having an income of 60% of the median wage. WHICH IS LIKE ALL OF US HAD BACK IN THE 60s.

ie - according to the Guardian and their idiot readers EVERYBODY in the 60s grew up in 'poverty'.

B********s. Just total complete b******s.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
You were right. At 78 years and at the end of 14 years of suffering from a slowly failing heart despite interventions, my mother was finally slipping away peacefully in hospital, fully aware that it was the end and perfectly contented.

Suddenly all hell was let loose as the crash trolley arrived with it's crew and she was being pummelled and shocked back into life.

Afterwards she was furious that they'd done that so needlessly.

Three months later she finally died a very slow and horrific death over several days, gasping for breath as she gradually drowned in her own lung fluids that the doctors couldn't control.

I've long been of the opinion that the Hippocratic Oath to preserve life that doctors take should be abandoned. It was fine when all doctors had was aspirin, a hot poultice and kind words, but now they have the power to prolongue life into extreme cruelty, a different standard is needed.
We are still in so many ways a very primitive species. It's terrible how we let people suffer at the end of their lives. We treat dogs better than humans. If a dog is that sick we put it to sleep. Humans no - we force them to suffer. Terrible. Just so terrible.

Advertisers