Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Good to see the Traders now realising where their profit margins lie - welcome to Leave guys!
EU made bikes will be hit by 5% import duty in case we don't have a deal.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I think that had value in being raised, since it's a widespread puzzlement in the populace. Only a couple of days ago I remarked in here a Sunderland man saying the same.

It's as well the House is reminded that the populace contains a huge proportion of people totally unfitted to vote on such a matter of our EU membership. It might then conclude in them realising they should ignore the referendum and get back to doing their parliamentary job of making such decisions.
My understanding of the context in which he raised it is that this Tory MP was of like mind, and would not have been able to correct his constituent

Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The UK's arrangements for the devolved administrations are a perfect example of powers devolved being powers retained.
Only Scotland has a devolved parliament and although it has greater powers than the regional assemblies of Wales and Northern Ireland, it still has no powers relating to foreign policy which includes EU membership.

May has rejected all approaches from the devolved administrations regarding Brexit and has refused to include them in forming her deal, this is despite being told in 2014 that we were Better Together and that Scotland would have one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world and we would would have the nearest thing to federalism possible within the UK.

Just as a matter of interest the NI assembly hasn't sat for around two years. NI is currently being run by a bunch of unelected beaurocrats in the UK civil service. ;)
...the consequence is that while they may be getting better governance,that only 50% (at best) of the opinion of NI is being heard. I need to reiterate again and again, the NI assembly has not met since before the elections, and therefore has no executive, no ministers and has no say. Now the failure of SF to take their seats ,has created a vacuum in NI .and peace abhors a vacuum.
The DUP does not speak for NI on this topic.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
C`mon less of the waffle and side-stepping, answer the question - Are you going to reduce your pricing or trouser the saving for yourself??

Good to see the Traders now realising where their profit margins lie - welcome to Leave guys!
You really have zero understanding of what's at stake do you? no wonder you voted leave if you think this a win situation.
Any fool can sell cheap tat, it undermines more profitable sales of expensive items and discourages local producers from bothering to set up in business as the profit margins simply aren't there.
It's destructive, which pretty much describes what passes as "the logic" of Leave Voters.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
https://marchtoleave.co.uk

Nigel Farage will join protesters in Sunderland on Saturday at the launch of the March to Leave which will finish in Westminster on March 29 Weather forecast looks set to be fittingly strong winds and drizzle...

This historic march is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to come together and rub shoulders with the Brexit elite before they flee Britain. At the front of this extraordinary procession will be Nigel Farage, who planted his flag firmly in foreign soil when he declared: “If Brexit is a disaster I will go and live abroad, I’ll go and live somewhere else.”

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
But you told us you would now be saving approx £150 per bike??
Chinese e-bikes will get taxed at the same rate as EU made bikes.
That's £150 less for Chinese bikes and £70 more for EU bikes.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
https://marchtoleave.co.uk

Nigel Farage will join protesters in Sunderland on Saturday at the launch of the March to Leave which will finish in Westminster on March 29 Weather forecast looks set to be fittingly strong winds and drizzle...

This historic march is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to come together and rub shoulders with the Brexit elite before they flee Britain. At the front of this extraordinary procession will be Nigel Farage, who planted his flag firmly in foreign soil when he declared: “If Brexit is a disaster I will go and live abroad, I’ll go and live somewhere else.”
"Brexit Elite" AKA Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves? :rolleyes:
If Brexit is a disaster he won't be the only one to Flee the country!

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There you go Woosh, Kudos etc.. that`s what the Hull bog attendant thinks of your stock....o_O
No Tommie it's what an Engineer from Hull thinks of your half baked ideas, you really haven't a clue about business have you?
And how have you managed to connect my comments to these gentlemen's stock?

Your attempts at being funny are as original as a leaky Whoopee cushion. and fall just as flat.

It's really about time you started to post sensible comments about things you understand, instead of these sniping posts trying to score points, like a schoolyard bully.

The leave cause it struggling already without your efforts to make them appear in a very unfavourable light.
Gove protested that remainers treat leavers as "thick and stupid" that's bad enough without you setting out to prove it.

Last edited:

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
...the consequence is that while they may be getting better governance,that only 50% (at best) of the opinion of NI is being heard. I need to reiterate again and again, the NI assembly has not met since before the elections, and therefore has no executive, no ministers and has no say.
And whose fault is that? That right, you`ve guessed correctly...your Louth MP and his band of followers.
So the problem lies right there on your doorstep
Same old same old - problems always originate in ROI

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
And whose fault is that? That right, you`ve guessed correctly...your Louth MP and his band of followers.
So the problem lies right there on your doorstep
Same old same old - problems always originate in ROI
Fully agree with you, that SF have not pulled their weight in this debate,and their posturing is teadious in the extreme
Both themselves and the DUP are trading on half-truths. In the case if SF their claim is that their constituents voted for them so they would not represent them in Westminster, and that going there would be a breach of trust!. The DUP claiming that their votes are a vindication of their Brexit stance.
Both are ,in my opinion way off the truth. When it is that people vote SF because they see them as a bulwark against the narrow minded DUP, whereas the DUP get votes from a fear(irrational )that they will be catapulted into a 32 County state.
The good nationalists in Derry,Newry etc, don't give a damn about the abstaining policy and the good Unionists in Ballymena don't support Brexit...
You might want to revise your like with my later edits!.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: tommie

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is an example of just how pathetic some people can be stooping to Forgery
13 minutes ago
New #49,732 oldgroaner said:

No Tommie it's what a Latrine Engineer from Hull thinks of your half baked ideas, you really haven't a clue about business have you?

Ah, ok, what i thought..............Thanks!"

This is an attempt at humour by forging one of my posts, and yet this individual imagines himself of sufficient intelligence to attack other posters with his slights and insults.

We now have two Forgers lurking around trolling the thread because their leave cause is going down in ruin and they have no other means of expressing themselves.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living Tommie? do tell

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
This is an example of just how pathetic some people can be stooping to Forgery
13 minutes ago
New #49,732 oldgroaner said:

No Tommie it's what a Latrine Engineer from Hull thinks of your half baked ideas, you really haven't a clue about business have you?

Ah, ok, what i thought..............Thanks!"

This is an attempt at humour by forging one of my posts, and yet this individual imagines himself of sufficient intelligence to attack other posters with his slights and insults.

We now have two Forgers lurking around trolling the thread because their leave cause is going down in ruin and they have no other means of expressing themselves.

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living Tommie? do tell

Forging!!!!

pmsl!!!

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I think that had value in being raised, since it's a widespread puzzlement in the populace. Only a couple of days ago I remarked in here a Sunderland man saying the same.

It's as well the House is reminded that the populace contains a huge proportion of people totally unfitted to vote on such a matter of our EU membership. It might then conclude in them realising they should ignore the referendum and get back to doing their parliamentary job of making such decisions.

Who should get the vote in your opinion then Flecc?

Toilet salesman and above?

Advertisers